Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Minor thing for any class, don't click. Keybind, or get a multi button mouse and use modifiers (shift/alt/ctrl etc) Also teach yourself to tab target for packs if you haven't yet. Nameplates can help you better decide which targets to go for too as long as the tank has threat on it already. If you ever see the blue square marked on a target when you're in a group, use trap launcher with freezing trap. Once you're feeling more comfortable with the game, look into a few basic addons like Deadly Boss Mods for encounter alerts and Recount for showing you a DPS meter. Maybe I'm getting too basic but better safe than vote kicked right?

tab target as a hunter has gotten me into trouble a few times when you tab and shoot as the last mob dies and you pull next group or another by accident

Do whatever you want up till level 90, including naming your toon Yoloswagqtlol and autoshotting through dungeons.

It really doesn't matter in the slightest.

At 90, unless you really want to min-max, pick whatever spec you want to, they're all pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    Do whatever you want up till level 90, including naming your toon Yoloswagqtlol and autoshotting through dungeons.

It really doesn't matter in the slightest.

At 90, unless you really want to min-max, pick whatever spec you want to, they're all pretty close.
    I have to disagree with that, you can learn and practice the basics of your class while levelling easily.

Another thing i feel that helped me is, don't level as BM. I levelled all my hunters (and i had a few) as Marks or Surv with a Spider pet or something similar and kited the mobs, i probably wouldn't had made it to max level with any if i stuck to letting my pet tank while i dps the mobs. It will help you learn how to kite, wich will help you tremendously in PvP and is also very valuable in PvE sometimes.

Play the race you like, really doesn't matter. Your name could hurt you tough, most of the time it doesn't matter but its still part of the first impression, specially if you're looking into getting in a raiding guild.

Also, macros as a Hunter are you friend, specially focus macros for crowd controls and Misdirection.

About Misdirection, use it, abuse of it on CD, while its not as important as it used to be, its still a good tool that is, in my opinion, completly under-used by a lot of hunters, in PvE obviously.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    Minor thing for any class, don't click. Keybind, or get a multi button mouse and use modifiers (shift/alt/ctrl etc) Also teach yourself to tab target for packs if you haven't yet. Nameplates can help you better decide which targets to go for too as long as the tank has threat on it already. If you ever see the blue square marked on a target when you're in a group, use trap launcher with freezing trap. Once you're feeling more comfortable with the game, look into a few basic addons like Deadly Boss Mods for encounter alerts and Recount for showing you a DPS meter. Maybe I'm getting too basic but better safe than vote kicked right?
    Keybind for sure! Clicking your abilities is the worst habit you can get into.

I respectfully disagree with tab targetting. I use tidy plates and click to target and have tab set to "target nearest enemy player" That's what I find easiest, your mileage may vary.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.