best use of ghost iron ore

Just looking for some good recommendations for the most profitable way to use ghost iron ore, i have all trades at max level. Atm I have an over abundance of ghost iron ore, seriously a guild vault tab packed with em. Should I continue storing them for upcoming patch, should I use it for the jc flip deal.....smelt them and sell the actual bars?

The servers I play on have gone into a holding pattern... AH ore has slowed to a trickle and the price has gone up over 40%. Players are waiting for the patch when the price will (likely) spike temporarily for new gear and gemming. I've got about 60k or saved up... time will tell. I wouldn't use much atm, but YMMV.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd keep the vault as is, and turn any extra ore you come across into bars. Bars halve the amount of room you need, and you still have the option to either sell them as is for either people leveling BS in the new patch, people using their profession cooldowns (BS/Engi) or at some point use to make trillium bars (that you can then also use yourself to make extra Living Steel).

Personally I'm a bit strapped for room to store things, so I gambled and started turning everything into Trillium bars. If the market doesn't spike and stay above what it is now I can simply use the bars up myself with my Living Steel cooldown. (though it will take some months to do that)

Hoard that shit bro. Come 5.2 blacksmithing and engineering will need 10 daily to fulfill their respective profession dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Durumu View Post
    Hoard that shit bro. Come 5.2 blacksmithing and engineering will need 10 daily to fulfill their respective profession dailies.
    huh, that's cool....had no idea that eng was getting a daily, that actually rocks cus it's my mains profession

Quote Originally Posted by dyerigan View Post
    Just looking for some good recommendations for the most profitable way to use ghost iron ore, i have all trades at max level. Atm I have an over abundance of ghost iron ore, seriously a guild vault tab packed with em. Should I continue storing them for upcoming patch, should I use it for the jc flip deal.....smelt them and sell the actual bars?
    I wouldn't be worried about it if you only have 1 tab of ore, thats not a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Im actually sitting on 2x full 6 tab guild banks full of ore, and both of those alts have their entire banks full of ore too lol, plus a bunch lost somewhere in the mail shuffle. Just keep getting it almost daily from a few frequent suppliers and just been too lazy to sit and prospect it :/

Smelt about 25% of the ores into GO Bars since those are the things that are actually going to be used in Blacksmithing not the ores (not all Blacksmiths have mining)

You don't want to flood a certain market. Spread the ore into markets, not just one market. Expand.
    Shuffle ore into enchanting mats (Scrolls), gems, meta gems, Trill bars (LS bars)

You should do your own research into your server though for best profit margins.

sell most of it a few days before patch drops to those stocking

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    save it. With 5.3 and the new way of leveling BS using Ghost Iron, there'll be people looking to buy up ores/bars instead of farming it themselves

Quest 2 of the 5.2 Legendary quest chain.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32591

collect 40 Trillium Bars.

400 Ghost Iron Bars = 40 Trillium Bars
    800 Ghost Iron ore = 400 Ghost Iron Bars

And that is assuming you some how didn't get any white and black trillium along the way to make even a single bar.

I would imagine some people will buy the mats for this quest rather than farm it themselves.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-03-04 at 06:33 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

The extra need for ore will affect enchants, cut/uncut gems, metas and rare crafted jewelry. All those costs will elevate quickly and spike a couple weeks into 5.2 (dependent on the ramp-up time of your servers playerbase.)