Page 1 of 13
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Deleted

    Woman attacked for wearing googleglass

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...p_ref=uk&ir=UK

    Whilst I dont agree with attacking someone, I can sympathise with the sentiment. Googleglass is just an incredibly annoying concept, personally I will refuse to talk to anyone wearing it. But attacking them is going a bit too far!

  2. #2
    Titan Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    13,043
    The term for people who use google glass is Glassholes

  3. #3
    The Insane Kujako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the woods, doing what bears do.
    Posts
    17,848
    Take the glasses out of the equation. She was attacked for going to a dive bar with a video recorder and filming everyone.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  4. #4
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The term for people who use google glass is Glassholes
    I like it, I hate the creepy things too.

  5. #5
    Uh... I think I understand the feelings of the attacker more than her. I don't think the attack was warranted but I do think she was wrong with what she was doing.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Take the glasses out of the equation. She was attacked for going to a dive bar with a video recorder and filming everyone.
    Which would understandably upset patrons. However, "attacking" isn't the best option. Always start with words, and never throw the first "punch".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

  7. #7
    I'm surprised so many people are ok with this. That's like assaulting someone because they brought a camera to a bar and decided to take some pictures.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8


  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Take the glasses out of the equation. She was attacked for going to a dive bar with a video recorder and filming everyone.
    Ohhhh... now that makes sense...
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

    Eugenik - Tchondrius

  9. #9
    The Insane Kujako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the woods, doing what bears do.
    Posts
    17,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Which would understandably upset patrons. However, "attacking" isn't the best option. Always start with words, and never throw the first "punch".
    It's almost as if the self proclaimed dive bar was full of drunk jerks who don't want to be filmed!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...p_ref=uk&ir=UK

    Whilst I dont agree with attacking someone, I can sympathise with the sentiment. Googleglass is just an incredibly annoying concept, personally I will refuse to talk to anyone wearing it. But attacking them is going a bit too far!
    You can sympathise with people who harassed, assaulted, and robbed a woman because she's using something you don't approve of? That's all kinds of awful.

    There's nothing wrong with Google Glass. If you're worried about being recorded, you should've gotten up in arms before CCTV became a thing in most stores and streets. Or maybe before smart phones became so popular.

    This story is about a bunch of hateful technophobes viciously assaulting a woman who had done nothing wrong whatsoever. Why is the thread only talking about how Google Glass is terrible, rather than the actual issue: hateful, ignorant fools taking their anger out on someone who doesn't deserve it?

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's almost as if the self proclaimed dive bar was full of drunk jerks who don't want to be filmed!
    Great justification for assaulting a woman... You need a supreme court seat good sir!
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

    Eugenik - Tchondrius

  12. #12
    Lightforged Draenei Glaziola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt Germany
    Posts
    2,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Take the glasses out of the equation. She was attacked for going to a dive bar with a video recorder and filming everyone.
    Exactly, a friend of mine has beaten a guy up because he filmed him without permission. While I personally would not use violence there are many people who don't give a fuck and solve their problems that way.

  13. #13
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I'm surprised so many people are ok with this. That's like assaulting someone because they brought a camera to a bar and decided to take some pictures.
    People hate being filmed without their permission, if she went sticking a camera in peoples faces the end result would have been the same.

  14. #14
    The Insane Kujako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the woods, doing what bears do.
    Posts
    17,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Great justification for assaulting a woman... You need a supreme court seat good sir!
    Not saying its justified, just explainable. Like going into harlem and shouting the "n" word. Repercussions are going to happen.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  15. #15
    The face of SF has changed greatly due to Google Buss and other things pushing it into more ruin, there is a lot of anger over it all.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  16. #16
    I don't see how anybody could possibly understand the feelings of the attackers. If you go out to happening public places you see people pointing their cell phones everywhere as it is. THEY ARE TAKING PICTURES AND RECORDING. And if somebody is wearing google glass, they are probably TAKING PICTURES AND RECORDING. Just don't stand in their frame or be like "hey I think you recorded me, can you delete that?" boom, problem solved. Most people aren't assholes and will gladly oblige.

    It's another example of some irrational curr resorting to anger and violence BEFORE attempting a diplomatic solution. I hope they win a darwin award one of these days by picking a fight with a speeding train so that future generations might be more rational.

    I mean if google glass creeps you out, we're only 3 or 4 generations of integrated circuits away from inconspicuous contact lenses that have the functionality of what would be considered a super computer today. So you might as well seal yourself in a bunker and start eating your end of world supply of corned beef and dried carrots.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Not saying its justified, just explainable. Like going into harlem and shouting the "n" word. Repercussions are going to happen.
    How the fuck are the two even remotely the same?...
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

    Eugenik - Tchondrius

  18. #18
    Question is why should she be attacked if she refused to leave? I mean is pushing her or taking her out the door be considered attack?

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I mean if google glass creeps you out, we're only 3 or 4 generations of integrated circuits away from inconspicuous contact lenses that have the functionality of what would be considered a super computer today. So you might as well seal yourself in a bunker and start eating your end of world supply of corned beef and dried carrots.
    Pretty much
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

    Eugenik - Tchondrius

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I'm surprised so many people are ok with this. That's like assaulting someone because they brought a camera to a bar and decided to take some pictures.
    Which is still wrong (depending on if the subjects of the single image pictures were aware or not and ok with it). In this case, both parties were in the wrong (and in your hypothetical case, both parties are also in the wrong.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •