Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by weedburst View Post
    i find it kind of funny that the forum filled with computer nerds also happens to be filled with heartburn experts.

- clean up your diet, more whole foods and the tips most people have given here regarding foods are true.
    - exercise, even if you're thin and especially if you're overweight.
    - use probiotics

those 3 things should be the foundation. there are a lot of tips other people have said but they are mostly quick fix things that shouldn't be used often unless a doctor tells you to. PPI's in particular can do more harm than good so do not stay on them for more than a month or 2. it will come down to healthy lifestyle changes which aren't easy, suck it up and be an adult. an elimination diet is also recommended, do not eat anything with allergens in it for a few weeks and see how you feel, avoiding gluten and dairy is tricky but it can really help.

So you are saying probiotics are going to do wonders in a place with awfully little bacteria growth.

What an expert you are...

What u need is medical assistance most of all. Second the best way to counter that is by using a drug that acts on the stomach's nervous system.

Here we have Nexium with esomeprazol as it's active substance.

If u take an anti-acid that has a base substance sometimes the stomach reacts by secreting more acid. So go with the ones that go on the nervous system and just tell the stomach to calm down

Also this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroe...reflux_disease

Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post
    What u need is medical assistance most of all. Second the best way to counter that is by using a drug that acts on the stomach's nervous system.

Omeprazole doesn't act on the stomach's nervous system. It interferes with the mechanism that makes the acid itself.

Proton pump inhibitors act by irreversibly blocking the hydrogen/potassium adenosine triphosphatase enzyme system (the H+/K+ ATPase, or, more commonly, the gastric proton pump) of the gastric parietal cells.[4] The proton pump is the terminal stage in gastric acid secretion, being directly responsible for secreting H+ ions into the gastric lumen, making it an ideal target for inhibiting acid secretion.
    (wikipedia)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post

If u take an anti-acid that has a base substance sometimes the stomach reacts by secreting more acid. So go with the ones that go on the nervous system and just tell the stomach to calm down

Also this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroe...reflux_disease
    I lol'd
    kinda assume I know what you mean but it still sounds funny xD
    of course there's different scenarios (ie h2 blockers to stop acid secretion or target hormone secretion, or nullify the acid with cations) but in the end changing your diet would be most beneficial to your health OP.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    but in the end changing your diet would be most beneficial to your health OP.
    Stop giving potentially deadly advice.

Just changing his diet would not be as effective, and would place him at a higher risk of dying from esophageal cancer.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Or you know, his eosophageal sphincters just arent working right...
    This happens more often that people seem to realize (at least in here ;P)

and...ignore pretty much everything you read in here that doesn't start with "Speak to your doctor about it"

Will echo points about exercise. Often had issue with it, generally when I been slacking with gym though. Stayed at it with gym and cycling to work (only a couple of miles each way) and not had issues since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    I lol'd
    kinda assume I know what you mean but it still sounds funny xD
    of course there's different scenarios (ie h2 blockers to stop acid secretion or target hormone secretion, or nullify the acid with cations) but in the end changing your diet would be most beneficial to your health OP.
    Sorry for not checking my facts properly. It acts on the parietal cells as a proton-pump inhibitor. Now i hope if makes more sense to the OP.

Med school must have been frustrating for u doc

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's really important that you prevent this from happening, rather than react to the occurrence of acid in your throat.

If left untreated, you will develop Barrett's Esophagus. It's not fun, and you will regret not treating it every day for the rest of your life.

Go to a doctor. Stop listening to random "fixes" on the internet. This is a health issue, and thus you should consult an expert to prevent serious issues in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    As many people said, there are over the counter medicines you can try for this. If that doesn't work, you should see a doctor for advice or a prescription.

I'm going to close this because it borders on asking for medical advice which, for your safety, we really don't allow here.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |