Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    ITT: Hunters saying it's fine because their pets die easily

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    What arena bracket are we talking about here? I can understand if people don't know how to kill a pet or aren't countering when they're aware that the BM Hunter is popping CD's, but I haven't heard any top rated non-hunter class player that claims pets are a problem.
    3s, and a lot of high-rated people complain about Hunters. Mainly the longevity of the hunter instant CC chain and the fact that BM hunter damage is split between 2 targets (Pet and hunter), meaning single-target casted CC is pretty much useless. (Also the fact that hunters get 2 trinkets).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is far from useless. I don't get why people say that. If you CC the hunter, the pet does extremely minimal damage. Hunter's cannot Kill Command or Blink Strike while CCd or silenced.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Just target the damn pet and kill it in 2 hits like any competent pvper does nowadays...
    killing the pet is circumstantial, it's not always the best way to win ie in sewers it's fairly easy to rez

Pet dps seems higher than normal this expansion, simply because there are many BM hunters for once. MM and SV pets still hit like wet noodles.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    my pet usually dies on my hunter im not BM so its not as big an issue if i was, but mine tends to die quite easy
    thats an issue with your healer. for the op, yes, bm pets are stupid. a bm hunter vs anyone is like 2v1. full resil, pets auto attack me for 5k+, kill command ive been hit for like 40k(rng but the fact that its rng doesnt excuse it). spriest and lock dots tick that hard... i have to think about dots and cast them. pet is just herp derp auto on easy mode. you dont have to think about it at all. /end rant.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Hunter damage is not the issue. It's their ridiculous amount of CC at moments that is annoying. I think Silence Shot should be a 30 sec CD.

EDIT: That trinket thing is fucking retarded also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pets have not been immune to cc in bw since 5.0.
    Bw (1min cd, reset with readiness): Breaks all cc on the hunter on his pet on use.
    Bullheaded ( 2.1min cd, not reset with readiness as it is a pet ability): Breaks cc on the hunter pet.
    Master's Call (45 sec cd, reset with readiness) breaks any root/slow on the pet and its target.

*Bullheaded/Bw frees all pets from their cc not just the real pet so if used during stampede you will see all pets get out of fear ect.
    Master's call just frees the real pet from roots/slows.
    You may also occasionally encounter hunters using the mend pet glyph (cleanses 1 curse/1disease/1posion/1magic effect every heal tick).

KC/blink strike originates from the pet yes, but it is the hunters abilities.
    The hunter has to actively use them (they are not some sort of auto attack) and the target has to be in range and in sight of the pet at 25/40 yards.
    AS SS Glaive or powershoot - Kc blink or Lr -> are all hunter abilities.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    As most/everyone else is saying, Hunter Pet's do stupid amounts of damage. I do arena 2's with a friend (Usually Warrior/Monk, Pala/Mage, Mage/Warrior DPS) and out of approximately 30 games a week at least 50% if not closer to 75% have a BM Hunter. Sometimes two. And more often than not they just pop stampede after about 10 seconds and as soon as we run out of AoE CC we get mauled to death. My friend (in full Dreadful with some Malevolent) is getting 60k hits from the pets. Oh, and did I also mention they heal the Hunter?

I wouldn't mind quite as much if I didn't see them as much, but when the average comp will be random + BM Hunter you start to realize how stupid it is. Especially as a Mage now. Never seemed to have much of a chance vs a Hunter but with Spell Reflect, change to RoF Delay, Silencing Shot, Heals and Pet Armada, might as well just roll over and die.
    I don't even play a hunter and WHAT? You have a warrior on your team and our complaining about seeing the same class? Stampede pets do NOT hit for 60k, that would literally global you. Stampede is a dps increase, yes, but it doesn't drop you in 2 seconds. Heal the hunter? You mean, the ONE spirit beast that heals for probably like 30k on a 45 second CD?

I disagree. The average 2's comp is warrior/healer or warrior/dps and the average 3's is people trying to do KFC or warrior/x/x.

That being said, Pet damage is a large portion of BM damage for a reason. Arcane Shot hits like a wet noodle, as does Cobra. BM pets can get rooted and CC'd just like anything else now, just do it or kill it. It's really not that hard - you just have to realize that BM pets are literally like 40% of their damage through procs and KC/Blink.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Hunter damage is not the issue. It's their ridiculous amount of CC at moments that is annoying. I think Silence Shot should be a 30 sec CD.

EDIT: That trinket thing is fucking retarded also.
    Why should silencing shot randomly be the worst silence in the game? It already silences for less than Spell Lock and Counterspell.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    thats an issue with your healer. for the op, yes, bm pets are stupid. a bm hunter vs anyone is like 2v1. full resil, pets auto attack me for 5k+, kill command ive been hit for like 40k(rng but the fact that its rng doesnt excuse it). spriest and lock dots tick that hard... i have to think about dots and cast them. pet is just herp derp auto on easy mode. you dont have to think about it at all. /end rant.
    You do realize KC is just like any other shot right...? Why should it for less than 40k? It takes quite a bit of resources. And you very much do have to think about your pet. If you don't, it will be sitting in a root or CC, and if you aren't telling your pet when to use abilities, you are fail. It is very much NOT 2v1. A BM hunter by himself is like 65% of a dps player. His pet is scaled in with his damage. Otherwise you would see BM hunters doubling peoples damage in PvE, when that is just not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    you just have to realize that BM pets are literally like 40% of their damage through procs and KC/Blink.[COLOR="red"]
    More like 80 percent.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is happening because Blizzard overdid it trying to bring Beast Mastery on par with the other specs when Mists came out, they just went the wrong way about it and gave all the buffs to the pets instead of buffing the Hunter's actual damage.

I remember Marksmanship was THE spec to go to in Cataclysm. What happened to it? Burned to the ground under the sea of buffs to Beast Mastery.

Click signature for main character's armory.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonZapdos View Post
    This is happening because Blizzard overdid it trying to bring Beast Mastery on par with the other specs when Mists came out, they just went the wrong way about it and gave all the buffs to the pets instead of buffing the Hunter's actual damage.

I remember Marksmanship was THE spec to go to in Cataclysm. What happened to it? Burned to the ground under the sea of buffs to Beast Mastery.
    It also didn't hurt that things like readiness and silencing shot became baseline while bm stun and bestial wrath stayed spec-exclusive. Seems kind of inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    It also didn't hurt that things like readiness and silencing shot became baseline while bm stun and bestial wrath stayed spec-exclusive. Seems kind of inconsistent.
    Exactly. Who the hell gives readiness to BM? I mean seriously!

Also, if BM hunters are saying that killing their pet is easy and they aren't OP, then demo's Wild Imps are also fine. They just have 270k HP each, plus I can't control them! Wild Imps has the same problem as Stampede and Hunter pets in general: Retarded, inevitably unstoppable (because they end up doing the same damage unless you can chain CC them for about 1 minute), too big of a portion of damage for brainless activity.
    Also, if Hunter Pets are easy to kill, then warlock Succubi should get one shot... I'm pretty sure the Succubus is not "completely" faceroll to kill, but it's quite easy to do so. So I can safely conclude that BM pets are not.

I just think it would be only fair if I, as a warlock, could summon my infernal or doomguard on arenas too

I'd say hunters too powerful. Chimera shots HITS for 40k through 68% resilience and defensive stance up without cds.

And yes, I'm talking about 5.2. Blizzard is apparently letting the retarded damage buffs go live.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Is that 40k critical or non critical?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is that 40k critical or non critical?
    Like I said, HIT, not CRIT. As in with all cds popped it would crit upwards of 100k (and it has). And that's not even aimed shot. And powershot.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Wich is about 6 hits.
    From a hunter pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Like I said, HIT, not CRIT. As in with all cds popped it would crit upwards of 100k (and it has). And that's not even aimed shot. And powershot.
    thats a 9s cd though and its not that big a damage for its cd

although i have been hit for 80k+ for MS crit which is on a lower cd, worst was a 110k crit from memory, but that warrior had t2 weapon
    this was with 60% res and iron hawk on

although execute got a bit nerfed 5.2 i still remember it hitting me once for 200k, almost as bad a locks cbolt :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    There is no way hunters pets are too powerful right now, not if you have a respectable amount of resi, lets say 6700. They can be cc'ed to shit, far more than before, or just cc the hunter when he wants to burst, pet will be doing minimal damage. It's a pet dependent spec guys, so naturally they're going to do damage if you let the pet + the hunter free cast on you...lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harkar View Post
    Let us Hunters have our day, we've been needing it. Cata brought us up good in PvE. So hunters deserve to be good for a few (3) expansions. :P
    Pvp is not supposed to work on classes taking turns in being op. Fact is especially on PTR hunter dmg versus casters is just too much to even have time to cc. In 3's if you have pillars and a healer burning mana on you you can kill the pet twice and get through stampede with roots and fears. But in my opinion the "small quality of life change"as GC liked to call it i.e. removing min range truly fucked hunter up and made em a melee class that can avoid taking all dmg. You cant force disengage you cant outrange em. They have the same problem rogues have now, they are just too good. But pet dmg is just a small component of that.