Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sword Art Online's english dub voice actors for Kirito and Asuna were just announced!

Kirito - Bryce Pappenbrook from animes like Blue Exorcist and Durarara and Asbel from Tales of Graces F!

Asuna - Cherami Leigh who was Lucy from Fairy Tale!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

most of the time english dub is so Numb that i can't watch the show anymore.

Deleted
    Hm...well the voice actors sound awesome at least if its Asbel and Lucy.

But yeah - Accel World I just got creeped out in to be honest. I think it was the way the main fat kid was all super deformed and it was very much grating on me after a while.Not that I have an issue with larger people but it just made things look messy seeing as the rest of the anime was lovely. That and it was a tad too convenient how all these pretty girls were fawning over him. I'll be blunt and I'm sorry for how this sounds, but it literally felt like the writer(s ) were/ as a fat kid that never got the girl he wanted at school and was fan servicing himself some cute loli's. I liked the first half, then just gave up. It was a little too high school drama for my tastes.

Sword Art Online - the first half of the first arc (ie 1/4 of the series if you want to count the Alfheim Online stuff) I adored. The whole stuck in virtual space as hostages by a terrorist had a nice vibe to it. A little more interesting than the old .hack thing of people just falling into comas. The set up with Kirito was good, then it started to lose me. They skipped out months at a time, and a bunch of what would have been interesting side arcs. The stuff with Asuna was interesting, but she sort of changed from a mysterious/ shy heroine to OTT "lol I'm a commander in a top guild" very quickly. I still liked her, their relationship was interesting enough, even if the ending to the first half of the series was a little...meh.

The Alfheim stuff...holy O.o. Sister love (they do this way way waaaay too much), plot holes, not going back and readressing characters we loved and lost in the first half, pervert hentai monsters...fairies... christ. And Asuna was demoted from badass heroine to...damsel in distress who had *certain* scenes I just felt uncomfortable with. It was somewhat disappointing, really.

In terms of animes based off game related things, I'll stick with saying Btooom! was the best from last season. Sort of a "Lost" style thing set on a deserted island where people are given bombs and have to do anything to survive against their fellow players. SAO could have been a *lot* more, but I doubt I'm the only one saying that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamalaya View Post
    Hm...well the voice actors sound awesome at least if its Asbel and Lucy.

But yeah - Accel World I just got creeped out in to be honest. I think it was the way the main fat kid was all super deformed and it was very much grating on me after a while.Not that I have an issue with larger people but it just made things look messy seeing as the rest of the anime was lovely. That and it was a tad too convenient how all these pretty girls were fawning over him. I'll be blunt and I'm sorry for how this sounds, but it literally felt like the writer(s ) were/ as a fat kid that never got the girl he wanted at school and was fan servicing himself some cute loli's. I liked the first half, then just gave up. It was a little too high school drama for my tastes.

Sword Art Online - the first half of the first arc (ie 1/4 of the series if you want to count the Alfheim Online stuff) I adored. The whole stuck in virtual space as hostages by a terrorist had a nice vibe to it. A little more interesting than the old .hack thing of people just falling into comas. The set up with Kirito was good, then it started to lose me. They skipped out months at a time, and a bunch of what would have been interesting side arcs. The stuff with Asuna was interesting, but she sort of changed from a mysterious/ shy heroine to OTT "lol I'm a commander in a top guild" very quickly. I still liked her, their relationship was interesting enough, even if the ending to the first half of the series was a little...meh.

The Alfheim stuff...holy O.o. Sister love (they do this way way waaaay too much), plot holes, not going back and readressing characters we loved and lost in the first half, pervert hentai monsters...fairies... christ. And Asuna was demoted from badass heroine to...damsel in distress who had *certain* scenes I just felt uncomfortable with. It was somewhat disappointing, really.

In terms of animes based off game related things, I'll stick with saying Btooom! was the best from last season. Sort of a "Lost" style thing set on a deserted island where people are given bombs and have to do anything to survive against their fellow players. SAO could have been a *lot* more, but I doubt I'm the only one saying that.
    I couldnt agree more. Never has any Anime (or any work of fiction for that matter) disappointed me so much as SAO, the beginning was awesome, but it turned into the exact opposite quite fast and then took another nose dive with that Alfheim shit.
    But atleast SAO taught me not to get overexcited over a series, unless its over.

10+ Year Old Account
    First half was decent, second half was less so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    First half was decent, second half was less so.
    Yeah, I would have preferred if they stayed in the SAO world.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

so glad im not the only one to think first half rocked, second half sucked. there was so much potential for episodes in each level and a badass boss to beat to get to the next. the whole "i figured everything out by level 10 or something" was so freaken anti-climatic. don't get me wrong, i loved the twist, but it woulda been way way more epic and appropriate if they had made the twist the final conclusion of a long and arduous journey to the end level.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamalaya View Post
    O.o. Sister love (they do this way way waaaay too much)
    Heh heh. If anime has taught me anything it's the incest is totally cool in japan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly im still waiting for a Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Anime. if done properly i think it will be one of the better animes out there. if done wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Honestly im still waiting for a Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Anime. if done properly i think it will be one of the better animes out there. if done wrong...
    It's been rumoured quite heavily that there's an anime of it in pre-production stages atm, but I haven't seen any news about it lately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    It's been rumoured quite heavily that there's an anime of it in pre-production stages atm, but I haven't seen any news about it lately.
    yeah i've heard the rumors...i want somethng more concrete than rumors though. its 1 of 2 light novels in the top 20 sellers that DOESNT have an anime, so you know its going to get one, i just want to stop it being a rumor/foresight and actually see the damn thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    really didnt like the 2nd half but the first was great. I love animes about virtual reality, hopefully il see something like it before i die .

Don't think I've ever been more disappointed by how an anime progressed. The writer seemed to want to think outside of the box and totally screwed it up.

Anyway an example of this type of anime done well is HunterxHunter Greed Island.

I enjoyed SAO. I guess it wasn't everyone favorite, but I'm sucker for good anime action/love stories.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I enjoyed SAO. I guess it wasn't everyone favorite, but I'm sucker for good anime action/love stories.
    the problem with SAO is that they should have just done Season 1 being 15 episodes, and then do Season 2 and do the full season 2, not cut out half the crap that happened in season 2.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with SAO is that they should have just done Season 1 being 15 episodes, and then do Season 2 and do the full season 2, not cut out half the crap that happened in season 2.
    Agreed. It should have been two seasons. Both arcs felt rushed and needed more time. Especially the second arc. The weird pacing is the cause of most of the issues people have with the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nailed it.

I loved the first arc, but the second arc just felt... wierd. Didn't have the grounding or build-up of arc one, (not to mention the bad guy was annoying as fuck and the sister love was just... wierd). If they'd stretched arc one a bit, into ~20 episodes, then made the second arc it's own 20 episode season it probably would have worked ALOT better.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if theyd have stretched the SAO arc into a full 20something episodes, it wouldve suffered severely. There were already too many 'shonen romance of the day' episodes. I never understood why people are hypercritical of shonen filler, but are oblivious to it in SAO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Honestly if theyd have stretched the SAO arc into a full 20something episodes, it wouldve suffered severely. There were already too many 'shonen romance of the day' episodes. I never understood why people are hypercritical of shonen filler, but are oblivious to it in SAO.
    aah, see I would have cut out alot of the romance oneshot fillers, because they were annoying, romance subplots are fine, but have them as part of other episodes, not whole episodes on their own. The reason I say stretch it to 20 episodes is because I would have expanded on the world a bit more, it's wierd they start off clearing floor one in the first episode, then they start jumping and within ~10 episodes they're on floor 75... I would have put in a bit more action, more episodes like the christmas one, the wierd one with that girl who had the healer dragon and the murder mystery two-parter.

but hey, that's just me.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only anime I have watched that has been as good in the begining as it was in the end has been the first Last Exile

Subbed was fantastic, dubbed was even very enjoyable but thats studio Gonzo for you.