The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Didn't do a lot of 5.1. What should i do for 5.2

I am assembling a raid team of guilds into Throne of Thunder for 5.2. I myself havent done a lot of normal mode 5.1. Is there any recommendations of what ilevel I should have before I try to lead or a required Ilevel for my raiders? If so, what do you recommend in order to get the gear quickly. I have several factions to gain rep for, 3 raids I haven't touched, and a new zone with factions to quest for and a few world bosses. (Plus LFR) It all seems overwhelming.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest doing all the dailies you can now for all factions (dominance offensive, golden lotus, klaxxi) to get your valour up, then run the LFR's when you can and use your elder charms when youve turned in 90 lesser ones. The drop rates in 5.1 LFR's have been increased when patch 5.2 hits so will be easier to get loot, plus running a random heroic every day will get you even more rep with the factions. I would say you need around 485/490 ilevel to start doing ToTT. Also what are your guild members experience? The current raids will be hit by a 10% nerf so will be a little easier to run these in normal when 5.2 hits so you will find it easier to get loot from there too. You will need 480 ilevel to enter the ToTT LFR raid.

EDIT. Also in 5.2 the valour to buy items from factions are reduced by 50% I believe so will be easier to buy gear. I would try to get valour capped ASAP because you can buy a ilevel 522 neck with Shadow-pan assault i believe when 5.2 hits for 1250 valour, so possibly save valour for that. Get valour capped by the end of the week definitely
    Last edited by Phaethon; 2013-03-04 at 01:20 AM.

"The Throne of Thunder LFR gear is slightly better than the normal Tier 14 drops. LFR will have a staggered release schedule, so Normal difficulty raiders shouldn't feel any pressure to do LFR initially."

Aside from that I remember reading that the 5.2 raid will be more focussed on mechanics than DPS checks, so if you were ready for the 5.0 raids you should at least be able to do some of the Bosses. However, you will have difficulty with Bosses 3/4 and onward if you haven't cleared the older raids.

I can't find the exact quote, but I'm pretty sure that's what I read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I get a sha touched weapon and the meta gem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Should I get a sha touched weapon and the meta gem?
    Too late now. Patch coming too soon.
    You're going to be WELL behind the curve on getting your meta gem, and to get the weapon socket (Which is usable on 5.2 weapons).
    Not only because you're starting basically fresh, but because finding people to raid t14 will be harder than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Too late now. Patch coming too soon.
    Can't just get the required items for it then?

And does this leave me out of the entire wrathion quest line for the rest of the expansion?

10+ Year Old Account

And does this leave me out of the entire wrathion quest line for the rest of the expansion?
    I edited my post, I posted it too hastily. It will answer your question
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

IF you are doing the LFR's still (old ones) you will be still getting the sigils so no reason why you cant do the quest chain.

Mind posting an armory link? Kind of hard to make recommendations without seeing your gear.

Assuming you're mostly heroic dungeon geared or worse:

1. Save your valor. The new raid faction (Shado-Pan Assault) has a 522 ilvl neck that can be purchased for 1250 Valor and no reputation requirement. A Ring, Trinket and Bracer are available at Friendly but given that reputation from trash caps at 2999/3000 Neutral, you must kill a boss to get to Friendly which probably won't happen until LFR comes out.

2. All 5.0 (489)/5.1 (496)Valor gear is being discounted by 50%/25% in cost. Also, the new daily faction will be treated as a 5.1 faction in terms of its cost. This faction will also sell a 476 belt for 300 gold before faction discounts (Honored?).

3. All 5.0/5.1 normal raids will be reduced in difficulty by a 10% overall nerf to the content. This will make it easier to acquire gear from MSV/HoF/ToES. Not sure this will apply to Heroics.

4. All 5.0/5.1 LFR bosses will have increased chance to drop loot from both the boss kill and from an Elder Charm of Good Fortune. As such you're better off saving coins for 5.2 assuming you only use coins in LFR. If you roll on Sha of Anger, Galleon, or any normal T14 raid boss then go ahead and use coins now.

5. If you can handle the trash to the first boss in ToT you may want to organize trash runs as several 522 ilvl weapons are trash drops.

6. Worst comes to worst: 5.2 honor gear is 476 item level and itemized for PvE equal to LFR MSV gear.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-03-04 at 02:58 AM.

You'll still be able to catch up. Say 3 weeks of LFR plus whatever you happen to be able to pug should get you about finished for the 500 stat gem. Then 6 weeks of capping valor for the prismatic socket. Between 5.1 and 5.2 is about 12 weeks so that'd leave you with a couple weeks to get started on the 5.2 addition to the chain before 5.3. You'll be behind for a while but still capable of finishing it. And that's assuming you'd be starting fresh at the very beginning. In theory you'd be ready to start the 5.4 section of the quest chain as soon as that patch/raid drops.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    You'll still be able to catch up. Say 3 weeks of LFR plus whatever you happen to be able to pug should get you about finished for the 500 stat gem. Then 6 weeks of capping valor for the prismatic socket. Between 5.1 and 5.2 is about 12 weeks so that'd leave you with a couple weeks to get started on the 5.2 addition to the chain before 5.3. You'll be behind for a while but still capable of finishing it. And that's assuming you'd be starting fresh at the very beginning. In theory you'd be ready to start the 5.4 section of the quest chain as soon as that patch/raid drops.
    Another thing to consider for the 5.2 Legendary chain is that a lot of it is tied to unlocking of the Isle of Thunder which is a server effort and not a personal effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Mind posting an armory link? Kind of hard to make recommendations without seeing your gear.

Assuming you're mostly heroic dungeon geared or worse:

1. Save your valor. The new raid faction (Shado-Pan Assault) has a 522 ilvl neck that can be purchased for 1250 Valor and no reputation requirement. A Ring, Trinket and Bracer are available at Friendly but given that reputation from trash caps at 2999/3000 Neutral, you must kill a boss to get to Friendly which probably won't happen until LFR comes out.

2. All 5.0 (489)/5.1 (496)Valor gear is being discounted by 50%/25% in cost. Also, the new daily faction will be treated as a 5.1 faction in terms of its cost. This faction will also sell a 476 belt for 300 gold before faction discounts (Honored?).

3. All 5.0/5.1 normal raids will be reduced in difficulty by a 10% overall nerf to the content. This will make it easier to acquire gear from MSV/HoF/ToES. Not sure this will apply to Heroics.

4. All 5.0/5.1 LFR bosses will have increased chance to drop loot from both the boss kill and from an Elder Charm of Good Fortune. As such you're better off saving coins for 5.2 assuming you only use coins in LFR. If you roll on Sha of Anger, Galleon, or any normal T14 raid boss then go ahead and use coins now.

5. If you can handle the trash to the first boss in ToT you may want to organize trash runs as several 522 ilvl weapons are trash drops.

6. Worst comes to worst: 5.2 honor gear is 476 item level and itemized for PvE equal to LFR MSV gear.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Bigzo/simple

Still need 2 more power sigils and one wisdom sigil

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Bigzo/simple

Still need 2 more power sigils and one wisdom sigil
    For Valor:

1. Buy the Tank Neck from Shado-Pan Assault
    2. Buy the Tank Ring from the new daily faction
    ----
    If you haven't gotten Friendly with Shado-Pan Assaut yet:

3. Buy the Tank Cloak from the 5.0 Shado-Pan faction
    -----
    If you are Friendly with Shado-Pan Assault:

3. Buy your choice of the Tank Ring or Tank Bracer.
    4. Buy the item you didn't pick in 3.
    ----
    If you still don't have a trinket:

5. Buy the old Shado-Pan trinket.

Elder Charms:

1. Use coin on Sha of Anger for a chance at the Tier legs
    2. (LFR) Use coins on Tsulong (Belt + Trinket), Sha of Fear (Tier Helm + Sha-Touched 1h Sword), Ambershaper (Tier Pants+ non-Sha 1h Sword) and Shek'zeer (Tier Chest, Off-tier Pants)

Note that these recommendations aren't perfectly set in stone as it's possible that you get the tank cloak from Tsulong or Wind Lord, changing the recommended valor purchases a little. Still I hope this gives you a place to start.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-03-04 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    I have not raided that much in 5.0-5.1 but I will keep lfr the old ones and try to cap valor every week now. Have alot of dailies to do on my warlock aswell!