Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the kind words Thrivenbard. I'll be doing another class thread real soon.

In terms of 4th specs, I think it would be better if Rogues became a healing spec, and Hunters becoming a tanking spec.

Here's the breakdown for the hybridization of the pure specs;

Rogues: Bard

Play style: Rogues use ranged weapons, and their combo system is used to determine the duration of their song and healing abilities.

Hunter: Beast Master

Play style: Melee based Hunter that uses aspects and pets to tank. Old BM spec becomes Ranger, and Marksmanship becomes the pet less Hunter spec.

Mages: Time

Play style: Uses time magic to heal wounds and regulate damage.

Warlocks: Apotheosis

Play style: Permenant Demonic transformation. Similar to the glyph .

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Rogues: Bard

Play style: Rogues use ranged weapons, and their combo system is used to determine the duration of their song and healing abilities.

Hunter: Beast Master

Play style: Melee based Hunter that uses aspects and pets to tank. Old BM spec becomes Ranger, and Marksmanship becomes the pet less Hunter spec.
    Bard was my main in EQ (played for 10+ years), and I just don't see songs translating well to WoW (though I wasn't sure about some of the new monk stuff either, but I guess that works, so you never know). If they're going to add a 4th spec to every class though, I agree that for Rogue you'd have to do something like a Bard, since there's already 3 straight melee specs for it, giving some caster-type abilities would set it apart.

However, I completely agree that there should be a melee spec for Hunters, similar to the Beastlord from EQ, fighting side-by-side with your pet (or facing each other as one is tanking, the other is backstabbing). I don't see that spec being a tanking spec, since it would seem like it would have to be a dodge/avoidance tanking spec since they wear mail (and would then have to be based on Agi), but it would be a cool dps spec IMO.

Also, I know every time it comes up, people say MM should be the petless spec, but isn't Survival more of a "I'm on my own" sort of spec? It was supposed to be the spec with the most escape/trap abilities so that it could work without a pet, again IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Reason #-1 why there will be another class: 1 more class using MAIL / RANGED weapon to complete 12
    While I agree there should be another class to round out to twelve, I don't think we will see another mail user, but should see another Intellect Plate user. Seeing as though the only class (and spec) that uses it right now is a Holy Paladin, I believe we should see a class that uses ranged weapons and intellect plate, at least in one of its specs anyway.

I think I posted a while back in this thread that I think they shouldn't add new specs for all classes because currently the specs aren't unique at all. Adding more of them will make them even less unique.

Even if you do strongly continue suggesting this, why don't you come up with ways to make specs more unique? Just saying "melee hunter" doesn't really work. If I wish to melee I can roll a warrior, DK, rogue, druid, shaman or monk already. Why on earth should my hunter get this?

"Shockadin" ranged spec based around instant casts with a filler is what somebody said in this thread. Very nice, you could just go elemental shaman if this is the way you want to play. Sure, its not super much instant casts, but it fits the picture pretty well.

A good example of what I think is good implementation of a new style is the healing monk (please bear in mind i have no clue what monks actually do), but someone pointed out that this is a healing class who goes around in melee range and utilizes melee attacks into heals. Surely it might not be for everybody (including the way I like to heal) but that is not important. It is an unique way of healing at the moment and that is what it should be!

An other bad example would be the "hunter without a pet" spec. Sure, we could have a spec where the hunter doesn't use his/her pet. But if you add a 4th spec to the game with a basic rotation of shots its not gonna have a different playstyle from Survival, MM or even BM. As current hunter specs don't have much to go for pet management at all. Therefore merely removing the pet makes no sense as an idea for a new spec! Removing it from a current one would be fine however.

I could most likely continue all day like this, as I have barrely read anything in this thread which gives classes a unique playstyle. Not every class or spec should be for everybody, but everybody should have a unique spec which suits them well! With the current specs in-game that should be easily possible (I think it would be hard to come-up with 34 really different playstyles to start with. Let alone 44!)

I agree with everything
    Chronomancer Club