Awesome bug in progress!

Using PA3's summoning ability, you can currently be summoned cross shard. No kidding! People are forming cross shard groups and farming Volan multiple times per day, GH's and DRRs freely. When you port, log or soul recall you are returned to your own shard.

While this is a bug, I think it's one that Trion should keep and maybe even develop it further into something similar to TERA's 'channel' system. Being able to move freely between shards might alleviate some of the latency issues, help with over or under population, and allow players to meet new people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exploit! Wait wut?

One step closer to a mega server. Off topic Tera has constant login que's so it appears they aren't increasing channels they'd rather have people wait in que's /shrug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Using PA3's summoning ability, you can currently be summoned cross shard. No kidding! People are forming cross shard groups and farming Volan multiple times per day, GH's and DRRs freely. When you port, log or soul recall you are returned to your own shard.

While this is a bug, I think it's one that Trion should keep and maybe even develop it further into something similar to TERA's 'channel' system. Being able to move freely between shards might alleviate some of the latency issues, help with over or under population, and allow players to meet new people.
    I agree, this could really help WPvp

I'm guessing that they'll probably do the "well, we didnt intend it, but we're ok with it so lets just leave as is" unless someone finds a way to seriously abuse it. I dont know what you get from Volan, so I'm not sure if using it to farm him several times a day would be an issue, but if it is then I'd imagine it would be easy to fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    I dont know what you get from Volan, so I'm not sure if using it to farm him several times a day would be an issue, but if it is then I'd imagine it would be easy to fix.
    You can basically participate up until Volan's tail (which gives you credit for the IS and other rewards). Once he's beyond the wall, you cannot access him if you're from another shard. It's an instanced event so there'd be no unfair advantage for the Quijiri rep being done again [and again.]

I say leave it. Less reason to transfer shards (for PA purposes) if yours is low-pop.
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

Bugs in Rift? Say it ain't so.
    US-Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkel View Post
    Bugs in Rift? Say it ain't so.
    Oh the irony

Apparently it's an intended future project that "may" have inadvertently escaped to live or it's just a test, hard to tell with Daglar these days

Unintended but not an exploit.

We are actually going to be leaving these abilities on over the weekend until we see something horrifically breaks.

One of our longer term goals was to be able to fully support something like this, via UI, allow trading, etc - but 2.2 wasn't the intended time

~Daglar
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...g-trion-2.html

I like his response. Removing server walls would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I like his response. Removing server walls would be amazing.
    Indeed. TESO will use a megaserver, perhaps it's something like that Trion will try too?

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Indeed. TESO will use a megaserver, perhaps it's something like that Trion will try too?
    Elrar posted a few months back when they "consolidated" the US servers that Trion plans on making "Mega" servers at some point.

Given how bad the servers have lagged after they did that, I shutter to think how bad it will be for everyone when they consolidate them further. Granted Rift's player base will probably be a lot smaller by the time they do that though. But still it is Trion, they'll botch that shit somehow.
    US-Windrunner

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God would this be awesome.

I always wanted to murder Azuri!

I MEAN RIFT WITH HIM!

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myrkel View Post
    Elrar posted a few months back when they "consolidated" the US servers that Trion plans on making "Mega" servers at some point.

Given how bad the servers have lagged after they did that, I shutter to think how bad it will be for everyone when they consolidate them further. Granted Rift's player base will probably be a lot smaller by the time they do that though. But still it is Trion, they'll botch that shit somehow.
    lol a lot smaller? Rift has been growing dude.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

When people pointed out this to me on wednesday, I said that it was great - except they should make sure everything is okay with their AH auctions and their Mailbox mail, because when you are doing a real transfer it doesn't let you if you have any auctions going or any mail sitting in your mailbox. So, if everything is intact this is pretty cool, but would be sad to return to your shard and find that all your auctions were 'gone' - and your mail with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    When people pointed out this to me on wednesday, I said that it was great - except they should make sure everything is okay with their AH auctions and their Mailbox mail, because when you are doing a real transfer it doesn't let you if you have any auctions going or any mail sitting in your mailbox. So, if everything is intact this is pretty cool, but would be sad to return to your shard and find that all your auctions were 'gone' - and your mail with it.
    Except this isn't a transfer so there is no risk involved in regards to the AH/Mail. When you're visiting cross-shard, sending mail doesn't work correctly and when you access the auction house, it's the original shard you're from. It would be cool to access the auction house for the shard you're on to just buy (and not sell) though.
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT