Page 45 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    What facts do you have to prove that Blue is innocent, or Celtic is guilty? You are limited by the same speculation that I am providing.
    Ok on Blue? not one thing. I haven't spoken to him in thread and when he did post. I'm assuming not active or he'd be here now. I didn't see what he wrote to draw attention to himself. Now with Celtic the man has admitted before this game started he has a temper.

The night before he argued with a Towns Member Holz who was placing up charts of "FOS" If you were not aware of this, people go back and review the thread before night one ended.

I'm not a rocket science major but I'd call that very suspicious and even more suspicious we were voting him off. Then someone magically said the charges were B.S., one by one people changed their votes.

Now, what reason is there to suspect Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Just me that sees something wrong with these lines? We do have good reason to suspect Blueobelisk, straight after his post Populaire was quite suspicious of him, I was suspicious of him and Kas lodged some suspicions. Why did everyone else see the problems with his posts and not you?
    If you want vote blue off. I'm not defending by, by all means.

What happens if you're mistaken and he is town, one motive we had to track a scum member, you flat out rejected?

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, really, I don't really think Celtic is guilty of much. I've still got my eye on you, Uggor It's possible that Blue is using his noobness as an excuse for suspicious behaviour, much like Majad did in his first game. The vote for Treann is just Lysah being Lysah At this point, with around 18 hours left before the deadline, I think the most likely lynch to go through will be BlueObelisk, simply because it has the most votes and we don't have too much time left. There isn't much use to starting a new bandwagon, and I don't think anyone else really deserves a vote.

Vote BlueObelisk
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post

Now, what reason is there to suspect Blue?
    I've linked it to you and another poster already .... I understand being busy, but at this point you can't reasonably skip entire pages and then go on the next like nothing happened, pretending that the page never occurred. Which you have done several times.

What happens if you're mistaken and he is town, one motive we had to track a scum member, you flat out rejected?
    Because personally I did not see a good reason for the Celtic votes. With the Blue I didn't vote straight away, I posted a FoS and then gave solid reasons. Then his own posts did not counter my reasons, but in fact, in my opinion, gave even more reasons to suspect him. It was at that point that I felt voting for Blueobelisk would be a good choice, I did also hope that by voting others would see my vote and go back and review his posts themselves, thus enabling them to draw their own conclusions.

I've linked it to you and another poster already .... I understand being busy, but at this point you can't reasonably skip entire pages and then go on the next like nothing happened, pretending that the page never occurred. Which you have done several times.
    Alright. I missed about five pages in the time I was gone. I'll go back and review it. If it turns out that Blue is town. I'd strongly suspect of you and Xanjori as working counter to each other. You both seem to be on same page convinced of his guilt. . I just hope you're reasons are valid. If he is town. Then I'll remember who voted for him, when and how strongly they pushed for it.

You both seem to be on same page convinced of his guilt. ..
    This would most likely be because there is actually very good evidence to suspect Blueobelisk.

If it turns out that Blue is town. I'd strongly suspect of you and Xanjori as working counter to each other.
    We just spent 5 pages arguing, in fact I've declared my suspicion of Kas twice.

For all the people asking about why Blue, this is the post with my reasoning for it for those who don't want to go dredge it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammriy View Post
    Hello, sorry it's been a rather long day so I'm just getting a chance to catch up on everything now.

Blueobelisk has really stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

To me it reads like I'll just go with everyone else and wait for night instead of questioning other people or throwing out their own thoughts to share with the town and gain some more insight.

Awesome, asks people why we're suspicious of him. Might get some info!

It's been said but this just screams deflection and sets up a whole platform for "Well I can't be scum, I didn't even know they knew each other" It's just a little too obvious for my tastes and while yes, I could be absolutely wrong and they could really not know about that.

It does say on the post on the front page there are quick topic threads made for night actions.

To sum that up, I don't know 100% that Blueobelisk is scum but my gut is saying something is just not right and it's all a little too obvious.

Vote Blueobelisk
    In the spirit of fairness, here is Blue's response to my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

I'm not scum. All that stuff about deflection...It's probably true that it would be an obvious way to say "oh I'm not mafia I don't even know that" but I just didn't know the rules because I've never played before and I'm not scum right now.

How would I know that all the mafia can convene together just because there's a quick topic thread for that? I thought it was possible that any mafia could cast an individual vote in their own personal quick time threads. I think since there are less mafia roles than any other, there's a high chance that my "quick topic" thread is individual, no? So how would I know about something like that.

Also I have another question since we're doing this. Uhm. Say the mafia night kills someone. Is it all of them responsible for performing the kill or is it one person? (I'll ask this to Krazy if you guys don't know.)
    I don't know 100% if Blue is scum or not but I find him to be much more suspect than Celtic. It's the best vote I can make with info I currently have and for anyone who is undecided, my thought process is summed up in the above quote and if it helps someone to make a decision, to vote or not vote for Blue, awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. I missed about five pages in the time I was gone. I'll go back and review it. If it turns out that Blue is town. I'd strongly suspect of you and Xanjori as working counter to each other. You both seem to be on same page convinced of his guilt. . I just hope you're reasons are valid. If he is town. Then I'll remember who voted for him, when and how strongly they pushed for it.
    I've put a FoS on Xanjori, and he's fingered me twice :| we only agreed when I referred him to the post that undermined his assertions. Oh, and in case you didn't notice... there are a lot of people who suspect Blue right now, to varying degrees of certainty, and we're just the people active right now. Although, I've only put a FoS on him myself >.>

This I do really agree with.

At this point I'd FoS FusedMass and be less suspicious of Kas. Fused is just all over the place, its so hard to pin him down as something, but he has tried a lot harder to get Celtic lynched than Blueobelisk, and as Kas says, the evidence is stronger against Blueobelisk.
    @Blueobelisk.

These were my reasons for suspicion. This early in the game townies shouldn't be throwing votes away, if suddenly scum bandwagon onto the end of some townie votes you may have just lynched an innocent person. Day 1, sure, you've got absolutely nothing to base it on. Day 2 you've got 3 dead people, you can look at posting patterns and voting patterns a bit more closely.

Now I found the 5 votes within 15 posts suspicious, especially considering he only has 6 votes! Are a mafia group trying to get some momentum going into lynching a non-mafia member? It looks like that to me. The other 4 people I'll be keeping an eye on, but tied in with the other post you made you stuck out a bit, hence why I decided I'd change my FoS into an active vote.
    FoS Kasierith.

First up, shes on that list of people that joined in a voting spree. Secondly her latest posts.

She'll defend them by saying that is her posting style, and I'll be the first to admit she's a clever girl who can carry an intellectual conversation . However she's clever enough to know that when in Rome, do as the Romans do. If you want to bring to the fore the possibility of another player being a Mafia, you lay your argument out plain and simple, you don't talk in circles. Right now her posts are designed to cause confusion and misled people, there is no doubt that, in theory, her answers are very sound, but she can achieve the same without laying it on too thickly and she'd full well know that.

So you didn't want throw votes away. That was you're reason on top of that you changed you're FOS, to Blue, then Kasierith, then me all in the same day.. Now who's voting on impulse instead of logical arguments?

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    As for you... What makes you so adamant in your conviction? I've had posts linked to me and it was explained earlier why Blue is on trial. I don't think you can really argue that you've got more to go on when it comes to the Celtic vote over the Blue vote. You've got "the guy has a temper" (Did he mention it in regards to the game, or just a passing comment?) and the back and forth with Holz.

I'm suspicious of things as well, but you, too, seem to exaggerate your case to win the vote.
    I have almost no proof. These type of games do not let much room for you to spell out what he did during the night. It's because he's only one I'd suspect considering what took place last night, who died, and who last fought with him.

He mentioned he had a temper. I quoted his post to him about that. He doesn't deny it.

It makes it harder to know a persons sincere reaction when they...blow up like that. However given all of the prime suspects. I thought he had the most cause. The game is about hunting scum, which I'm trying to do.

So you didn't want throw votes away. That was you're reason on top of that you changed you're FOS, to Blue, then Kasierith, then me all in the same day.. Now who's voting on impulse instead of logical arguments?
    I don't really think Xanjori is voting on impulse... he's just saying he's suspicious of people who are making suspicious sounding posts?

I'm back. It would seem I will die in short order...I see.

To be fair they're are numerous posters. The one's that stand out to me are the one's I usually focus on. Day one we had almost nothing to go on. We got lucky, though I was convinced to wait to vote for him. Blue is inactive. I do not see him as a serious threat.

Sincerely, I wanted to start hunting scum early, based on the information. However..it's lacking a bit. Perhaps another night or two and I'll see a clear link. I'd still say it's very suspicious Holz ended up dead. Who else could have wanted him removed from the game.

Not me. He has about eight on his "FOS List" and I wasn't even on it. So it could be anyone.

The majority wants blue out for some reason, so I'll follow along. If there's not enough people convinced someone is a threat, then they will just continue till caught..so if I wind up killed..you know who did it..
    I'm not defending Celtic though, apart from his angry denials which seem to just be part of him as a person, I personally haven't seen anything else (although I may have missed it, I went back a few pages pre-lynch and didn't see much.)

Blueobelisk is either a real noob being insanely nooby, or he is just trying to get by by passing himself off as a complete noob.
    I forgot why I quoted these posts.

I just want to point out the people I think are suspicious while I'm still alive. Uhm I think Xanjori is really pushing for me, so I suspect him. So ya. Everyone else is suspicious but it seems like you guys want to kill me just because I'm semi-active/attention drawing or just bandwagoning to get the job done...

Also, I find it kind of funny some of these posts where you try to speculate roles and stuff just from random animals you think exist in the Masai Mara. Makes me giggle.

Uhmmm. When I die can someone give me a eulogy post? And like, can someone from the town avenge me? (Sounds stupid to say but it looks like I'm gonna die and I should make some meaningful post before I bite the dust.)

10+ Year Old Account

It makes it harder to know a persons sincere reaction when they...blow up like that. However given all of the prime suspects. I thought he had the most cause. The game is about hunting scum, which I'm trying to do.
    The more you post, the more the American Salem Witch Trials come to mind. You're basing your views on flimsy speculation, while criticizing others for doing the same.

FoS != a vote. I've used only one vote this day phase. I also only used one vote last day phase. FoS is there to signify that I feel another player is acting suspiciously, and I want other players to take note of them and see themselves if they feel something suspicious is going on.

and he's fingered me twice
    And I loved every second of it.

The more you post, the more the American Salem Witch Trials come to mind. You're basing your views on flimsy speculation, while criticizing others for doing the same.
    Because even if my reason is piss poor..

It's better then...he was acting suspiciously...if it's his first game..that'd be expected. Honestly I wouldn't think a first time player to be given a seasoned mafia role for most experienced posters.

I just want to point out the people I think are suspicious while I'm still alive. Uhm I think Xanjori is really pushing for me, so I suspect him. So ya. Everyone else is suspicious but it seems like you guys want to kill me just because I'm semi-active/attention drawing or just bandwagoning to get the job done...
    Come on dude, if you're innocent then defend yourself! Make a post and explain things clearly, we don't wanna lynch innocents, but you're really not putting up much of a defence here.

Come on dude, if you're innocent then defend yourself! Make a post and explain things clearly, we don't wanna lynch innocents, but you're really not putting up much of a defence here.
    Let's see how close Xanjori can go before realizing that he might have made a mistake. Look at Blue acknowledge there was a problem, hoping to fix it. First time player's are expected to act..suspiciously ..because they don't fully understand the game. Now it looks like he may finally something to say. By all means Proceed with the Lynch though.

I'm eager to discover if he was town or not..

I'm not sure what I'd say to defend myself. You guys make some good arguments. I was really impressed by that "you bandwagoned on celtic to get to night quicker so you can kill" post.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    As long as it's with GF's consent

His inquisitiveness does seem quite scummy, as he could've just directed his questions about gameplay to the mods in private rather than using it as an alibi in the thread. Regardless, I find it very tough to pass judgment on new players because I know I wasn't (and still am not) very bright when I started out. I want to believe in the naivety of players and that they wouldn't use it as a cloak.

Regardless... Yeah, there's legitimate reason to suspect
    Nah, your reasoning is sound Everything Nice, unfortunately (for Blue) I'm sticking by my convictions. I guess when it's a choice to play a game I have a hard time with the noob card. Isn't the whole point of mafia informed minority vs uninformed majority? It's just obvious to me that the baddies know each other.

I'm a new player and I think I'm holding my own, yeah I had questions but I just PM'd them to the mods as to avoid "Obvious scum is obvious" from the more seasoned players.

And I'm pretty sure Fused is new and he's rather... zealous.

We all have our styles and I am sorry to Blue and to the town if he is town but with 27 alive and a good hunch, I think this is an alright call for me to make without being concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm not sure what I'd say to defend myself. You guys make some good arguments. I was really impressed by that "you bandwagoned on celtic to get to night quicker so you can kill" post.
    The poster who said that, jumped on the bandwagon to vote you off instead. Unless I'm mistaken, most people don't even understand what you did. Can you at least explain if you're Innocent or guilty. Give us something we can work with.

10+ Year Old Account
    The poster who said that, jumped on the bandwagon to vote you off instead. Unless I'm mistaken, most people don't even understand what you did. Can you at least explain if you're Innocent or guilty. Give us something we can work with.
    Fused.... check the posts, please. I have yet to vote against Blue, because I see no reason to vote him down (yet) and there's no purpose in adding a stresser to an already stressed situation like I did with Celtic. All I've really done is refer people to the post that I found suspect when they asked, and I didn't even do that until I had my own situation straightened out.