Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I know that. ^_^ Not accusing anyone of anything here. It is sweet seeing you immediately leap to Sema's defense though.
    Went back and saw something that made me edit my post this interchange has essentially deepened my suspicions of Celtic. He CCd in response to having votes mounts up, right? Whereas Sema came forward with no pressure. She could be lying and trying to knock him out, but on the other hand that's a fairly aggressive move for someone who hasn't really played up until this point.

This going by the assumption that there is only one impala.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    This going by the assumption that there is only one impala.
    That's also going by the assumption there are Impala at all. ^_^

However, it does make sense to have them in game since they're herd animals, and are good prey for Lions, Leopards and Hyenas. If they are in the game I would assume they are fulfilling the VT role (no night role, vote is their only weapon) kind of deal, so I would predict there are a few around akin to the Masons. But none are dead yet to prove they are here, and there are plenty more herd animals around that could equally be VTs.

Oh and I had another idea. Giraffe's are Lookouts.

I wish we knew what Silkku was before he was made a Hyena.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain that elephants are in game, though they seem fairly.... prominent, so not sure that they would be the VTs. Impalas being VTs could explain having multiples though.

At this point, I'm kind of wondering who the other masons are. So far our lynches have been essentially useless in terms of voting since each one was so... simple that they made themselves the rational choice to lynch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I had a dream last night where Krayzy accidentally PMed me a list of all scum players in the game, the only name that I could read was Uggor's.

I'm not even joking, this dream did happen.
    Silly question but was this Lysah joking around or should we be paying attention to this post?

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 01:50 PM ----------

Also Id like to say this about my role and sema will know what Im on about if he/she has the same role: We have a minor ability based on our speed

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh it was Celtic, got mixed up with the whole Sema saying she's also an Impala and then people voting Listo.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by celtic209 View Post
    Silly question but was this Lysah joking around or should we be paying attention to this post?

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 01:50 PM ----------

Also Id like to say this about my role and sema will know what Im on about if he/she has the same role: We have a minor ability based on our speed
    I assume Lysah joking around, I mean...dream. Doesn't really stick in with game theory. It could be that she was trying to hint she'd found a scum somehow though without coming out and saying it, though I wouldn't bet on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, I'm kind of wondering who the other masons are. So far our lynches have been essentially useless in terms of voting since each one was so... simple that they made themselves the rational choice to lynch.
    TBH I don't think it's important at all.

It's unfortunate not having PMs allowed since the Mason's goal is that, since they're a core of known Townies, ideally they want to identify other Townies from their posts (especially those with night roles). Then to reach out to the chosen few they feel they can trust secretively and bring them into the fold to direct lynches and night actions to their own advantage. Naturally this runs the risk that they'll bring in a Mafia member, who will then pass on everything they uncover to their own team. Since they can't this game, they're just a group of VT's who can direct lynches away from other people or collectively decide to lynch someone they're come to a concensus are Scum. It would be cool if they had a night action where they can choose to extend an invitation to one person (via the Mod ofc) to join their QT thread, if they can all come to a consensus (all vote yay ) of who to invite. Might be a little OP in late game though I guess.

• Since celtic has been vehemently claiming Impala for some time now, I'm a little inclined to believe him. However I can't see why he hasn't already made the leap to say Impala are the VT role as well, so some suspicion remains there.
    • Listo says he will RC/CC if the votes rack up, so we'll see about that.
    • I can't see why Sema would have claimed Impala under very little provocation, though she may have been trying to catch out Celtic. But still, unusual.
    • Uggor is still fairly AFK (though conveniently posting thread bumps at night), but I know he works very odd hours, which might have something to do with it. But 3 full days is a long time to go without posting, especially since he has posted twice yesterday.
    • You wondering about the Masons in itself can be seen as scummy, as well as many other little things which has bought you under suspicion on previous days.
    • I'm still highly suspicious of FusedMass wanting to get days over with so quickly.
    • Finally, as well as Lysah, Robo just seems quieter than usual.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh... so if impalas have a role, same with zebras and warthogs, and I'm fairly certain we'll see elephants somewhere and doubt that they would be the VT's among the group... who would the VTs be?

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 02:54 PM ----------

I'm still highly suspicious of FusedMass wanting to get days over with so quickly.
    I'm most suspicious of Fusedmass right now, although I made the noobish mistake of drawing my suspicions into an argument.. more out of this being my first game ever than trying to bury anything (not like we were trying to bury a few threads remarking on the NKs, there wasn't any actual discussion before that that I can recall). But on the other hand... it's not like he doesn't post in such a way on a daily basis either.

As for me wondering about mason, why is that suspicious? With a mason down already, it isn't exactly like they're a potent power role for the mafia to target.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-03-11 at 01:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would doubt that we have another warthog, impalas though, I'm not sure. Impala would be a really good fake claim because it seems harmless (if we do have an impala, it's almost certainly a VT), and of all of the animals, impala sounds the safest due to the possibility of duplicates, it's harmless nature and its also something lots of people didn't know existed before this game, making us think that he is more likely to have received that role over actually knowing it beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry listo - about getting your roles mixed up. It was in the middle of the night and I only had about 3 1/2 hours of sleep at that point.

Also - Xanjori has been awfully quiet as of late ... I'll double-check on that though - he has posted stuff relevant to the game though. And still no Uggor? hmmm.
    so I still can't make up my mind between listo & celtic >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh... so if impalas have a role, same with zebras and warthogs, and I'm fairly certain we'll see elephants somewhere and doubt that they would be the VT's among the group... who would the VTs be?

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 02:54 PM ----------

I'm most suspicious of Fusedmass right now, although I made the noobish mistake of drawing my suspicions into an argument.. more out of this being my first game ever than trying to bury anything (not like we were trying to bury a few threads remarking on the NKs, there wasn't any actual discussion before that that I can recall). But on the other hand... it's not like he doesn't post in such a way on a daily basis either.

As for me wondering about mason, why is that suspicious? With a mason down already, it isn't exactly like they're a potent power role for the mafia to target.
    My other guess for the VT role was Wildebeest. But there is a distinct possibility that with a game apparently chock full of predators/Scum, we could have no normal VTs whatsoever. This would throw off my inital guess of a 2:1 Town:Scum ratio. I am curious about this speed part of the role Celtic was talking about though. Very intriguing.

And I don't know. While I agree, that while Masons aren't really the most important targets for the Scum right now, why wonder about them at all? They're there, just like VTs only with an extra benefit or two. Just seems like you were fishing so you might know who to avoid. Just doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I assume Lysah joking around, I mean...dream. Doesn't really stick in with game theory. It could be that she was trying to hint she'd found a scum somehow though without coming out and saying it, though I wouldn't bet on that.
    No I really did have that dream. I'm not a cop, unfortunately.

we could have no normal VTs whatsoever
    Soft claiming power role?
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-03-11 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, no Uggor still. I would have thought that he would have posted by now or something. I would like to see what listo claims before I unvote and switch to someone else (Celtic/Uggor)
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and Elephant/Rhino theory. If they are around, they would be multiple life Townies, or just un-NKable by the Mafia. Since they're both animals with extremely valuable tusks/horns, they would be able to be killed by Poachers. I couldn't see there being more than 1 in either case. This would fit in with there only having been a few NKs every night. Though they would both make for fun PGOs/Bombs (similar to my former idea of Hippo being one as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out the last post Xanjori made was just after he voted for me - he got after me for still being awake - which I told him I was just waiting for him to reply. He had switched his vote to me after first putting it on Kel. Also, on previous days, he seemed to go back and forth with fused for a bit. So I'm not sure which side he might be - town or scum?

I can't see why Sema would have claimed Impala under very little provocation, though she may have been trying to catch out Celtic. But still, unusual.
    Lysah asked me upfront =(

It seemed a good idea to just admit it than to look suspicious refusing to answer or making something up.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I don't know. While I agree, that while Masons aren't really the most important targets for the Scum right now, why wonder about them at all? They're there, just like VTs only with an extra benefit or two. Just seems like you were fishing so you might know who to avoid. Just doesn't seem right.
    My interest is more speculation about what roles are currently in the game more than anything substantial... currently, with the number of players and scum being killed but lack of a lot of NKs, there are a number of possibilities:

There are a lot of scum that have limits on their NKs, which seems possible especially since we didn't see the cannibal strike until day 3. There are lots of scum but a lot of external protective TPR's that have gotten lucky (which considering getting lucky three nights in a row is a bit abstract, I'm less apt to believe). I'll get to my final theory later. Then there are few scum left because we have been getting lucky. We are fairly sure that there is a cannibal out there, although the page I read describing cannibals also says that cannibal townies are possible. If mafia teams are balanced, there should be at least two more Scar Pride mafia still in the game. And considering the consistency in which we've been turning up mafia, I would say that there are 1-2 more on each side. I'm also certain that there are elephants in the game, as they are an iconic figure of the Maasai Mara and are intrinsically tied to poaching and such, as well as being mentioned along with a photo in one lynching. Going off the wikipedia article, the "big five" of poaching which also happen to all be present in the Massai Mara are the lion, leopard, African elephant, African buffalo, and Black Rhinoceros, and considering our moderators passion for preservation (at least from what I've observed) I wouldn't be surprised if he's given each one of them a place in the game.

Based on this and the game setting, I believe that the game is set up to have an about even average between predators and prey, and the prey will have defensive capabilities. Masons protect each other so they have lynching security (interestingly synonymous with the defense mechanism of real zebras). We've had a vengeful townie that was used to take down its attacker. We had a warthog whose power was to survive NK's for a day. Then there is the speed aspect of impalas, which I'm guessing is going to be used to "outrun" certain predators, perhaps targeting a specific player and becoming immune to NKs from said player (you see them coming and get out of there). In terms of speculated roles, rhinos or elephants having multiple lives and killing protection sounds fairly likely, although I'm afraid I don't know much about buffalo apart from they're large herd animals. I doubt at this point that we have actual VT's, as the ones who would normally be VTs have very limited survival capabilities similar to what you would find in the wild; and overall, the TPR's are likely focused not on finding the mafia, but on surviving the mafia. This is survival of the fittest, not cloak and dagger. There are also a few more roles that can be used. The presence of a cop is very likely if we have the presence of a poacher to represent the cannibal; a local tribe or ranger or other security to kind of balance it out.

Sorry if I'm rambling... kind of elaborating on why I was speculating on the presence of other zebras.

Quote Originally Posted by falbacca View Post
    Turns out the last post Xanjori made was just after he voted for me - he got after me for still being awake - which I told him I was just waiting for him to reply. He had switched his vote to me after first putting it on Kel. Also, on previous days, he seemed to go back and forth with fused for a bit. So I'm not sure which side he might be - town or scum?
    You can look at the gen-OT threads if you wish, and see how... normal arguing back and forth with FusedMass is. It's his desire to push night as soon as possible as well as directly qualifying that he was defending someone to get credibility for himself that makes me suspect him, not his presentation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out I miscounted this morning (I blame losing an hour of sleep) I thought I only had like 3-4, but if I counted right this time I have 5, so I will CC. I am a......

Conservationist!

Take that and look it up if you have to, I will not RC until I am about L-3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Turns out I miscounted this morning (I blame losing an hour of sleep) I thought I only had like 3-4, but if I counted right this time I have 5, so I will CC. I am a......

Conservationist!

Take that and look it up if you have to, I will not RC until I am about L-3.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservationist
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_biology

Vote listo

I call a fake - This is an animal mafia and its been pointed out many times that the animals gather at the end of the day to sacrifice one of their own.

My vote is staying here unless you come up with an awesome RC that explains this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conservationist? Hmm. Well, I suppose if there are poachers, conversationists are possible. I don't really believe that there are poachers though, there would have been more hints towards that and like celtic said, this is an animal mafia.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

10+ Year Old Account
    So what makes this a lie? Treann did not appear to be an animal since his TRIBE said he was missing. So yes humans can be in this game. I am not the 1st human and probably not the last.