Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Moving high amounts of gold to another server?

Lately a friend have mine have been talking about moving his toon over to my server. The problem is that he is sitting on about 2m gold..

So we have been thinking about moving his gold via a guild bank. Is that possible to move that much gold by having it in a guild bank and then transferring the guild to the other server? (maybe only 1m gold per transferred guild)
    Last edited by mmoc935eff747a; 2013-03-03 at 12:07 AM. Reason: I have been searching for information on this via google and havent found anything

Deleted
    Unless it is under de restrictions of guild transfers on battle.net it should be possible.

I'm thinking you could also purchase BoE's, Transfer, and sell them on the new server.

Deleted
    I believe the goldcap for Guildbanks is 1 Million. There are no restrictions whatsoever besides that.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clampz View Post
    I'm thinking you could also purchase BoE's, Transfer, and sell them on the new server.
    2M worth of BoE's is alot to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your best bet is to actually make a support post through your account and get a definitive straight answer from the help desk. From what I can tell there's nothing about gold restrictions or transfer restrictions in the guild transfer FAQ. It's usually best to find out for sure though if you don't want to run into unexpected problems while attempting this.

If you can't transfer the gold with a GB then you're down to buying expensive stuff. Either mounts or BoE's is probably your best bet, but be prepared to spend a long time waiting before you've cashed in your gold again.

Battle pets. Account wide battle pets.

Buy rare battle pets on server 1
    Create new toon on new server.
    Cage and sell pets on server 2.
    (PS: Unless you want to level a pet on your new toon, you will be limited to level 1 pets).
    (PPS: I've only read about people doing this, as I don't have the gold to have your problem).

Cool thing is - you can do it before you move your main.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2013-03-03 at 01:33 AM.

Yeah sadly the best way is to either transfer over a few times, or invest in mats/items to transfer. Look into scrolls that require sha crystals, sha crystals themselves, living steel bars, both cut and uncut primal diamonds,

The scrolls will roughly be 3.5k in value (Well at least on my server) so a stack of that is 70k with about 2 stacks of each, 3 types of enchants - 6 stacks - 420k

Living steels, primal diamonds and sha crystals value at about 300g (On my server) each - easier to acquire and a greater demand for them, so its the safer investment. A stack = 6k. Buy a bag thats relevant - enchanting bags etc and fill it with matts that are pricey.

Royal tailor bags are a nice alternative at 4k a bag - but thats a slot.

Buy large quantities of something (anything really). You can go small with mats like Ghost Iron or you can go big with Blood Spirits. Try to find something that will, at least, not cost you vast amounts of gold to rid yourself of. You can even make a profit if you research both markets well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use the Fortune Cards (5k), just offer to buy them in trade for a higher price. Maybe 100g more.

Some Rare Pets really go well, as someone already mentioned. It's also possible to get more out of them as you have used to buy them, if you take the effort to bring them to lvl 25 + blue quallity. people pay much to get those.

Fortune cards and orbs of mystery. People love those mounts.

from the experience of doing it frequently the caps to transfer are 50k per char and the gbank can now hold max 999999g99s99c so thats what you can transfer with it , your best way would be either transfering 2 guilds or investing in battle pets as this seems the best way to conserve the value of your gold . feel free to message me for more tips and info as im more than glad to share my experience

10+ Year Old Account
    The safest but not usually cheapest or easiest way is through the mystery cards. people post the 5k epic cards on the AH fairly often, because people will buy them up, use up all their gold (or as much as needed), transfer servers, and then just vendor (or heck, resell) them. I don't recommend spending more than, say, 5500g per 5k card; that's a 10% charge for the card is how I look at it. Normally people will post them for ~5100g, which I find to be perfectly acceptable, albeit a bit odd, because at that price they are losing money from the AH cut. Some people actually know what the fees and stuff add up to, and will sell a card at that price - that way you get what you want, and they still get their 5k. However, this rarely happens as our community is full of greedy people and see no reason to help others out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The safest but not usually cheapest or easiest way is through the mystery cards. people post the 5k epic cards on the AH fairly often, because people will buy them up, use up all their gold (or as much as needed), transfer servers, and then just vendor (or heck, resell) them. I don't recommend spending more than, say, 5500g per 5k card; that's a 10% charge for the card is how I look at it. Normally people will post them for ~5100g, which I find to be perfectly acceptable, albeit a bit odd, because at that price they are losing money from the AH cut. Some people actually know what the fees and stuff add up to, and will sell a card at that price - that way you get what you want, and they still get their 5k. However, this rarely happens as our community is full of greedy people and see no reason to help others out.
    People putting them on AH for less than 6500 are fools. It's got a 1500 AH price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question- don't the Orbs of Mystery have a 2 hour resell thing? So you can buy up 2 mil gold worth of orbs, transfer, and resell for the full 2 mil refund?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Question- don't the Orbs of Mystery have a 2 hour resell thing? So you can buy up 2 mil gold worth of orbs, transfer, and resell for the full 2 mil refund?
    No, items with a gold cost aren't refundable, the refund system only works with other currencies, not gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Use the Fortune Cards (5k), just offer to buy them in trade for a higher price. Maybe 100g more.
    The big advantage of pets is you can learn them on one toon, then sell them on another.

Make two guilds with 999999.99.99 gold in each, then transfer them (if possible).
    Sounds more reasonable than buying BoE materials worth 2 million. They may never sell, specially with the new patch coming soon.

Deleted
    Either 2 guilds or mix of 1 guild + lots of materials.
    If you plan to invest 1 million into materials to sell - be diverse in what you buy That way you cater to many markets at once and will sell it faster.
    -Buy as much 5k fortune cards as possible
    -Living steels
    -Meta gems
    -Sha crystals
    -Some blood spirits (i'd avoid buying many of them as they drop in value quite a lot with new patch)
    -High-end enchants
    -Stacks of +300 food
    -Epic bags
    -Stacks of starlight inks
    -2x each regular Panther mounts (blue ones - steer clear of Jeweled Onyx duped shit)
    -BOE 496 gear. While new patch is soon people will still need that for alts or to break 480 ilvl for new raid finder.
    -Some Orbs of Mystery. The 18k gold mount reagent - offer in trade to sell a bit below that, like 16.500-17000.
    -High vendor value Blingtron rewards like Eternium Rose. They DO stack to 20. Same deal as with 5k Fortune Cards.

With character bags/bank AND guild bank you are having possibly 1000 slots to use for transfering a million gold worth of mats. Should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    Make two guilds with 999999.99.99 gold in each, then transfer them (if possible).
    Sounds more reasonable than buying BoE materials worth 2 million. They may never sell, specially with the new patch coming soon.
    Easiest way. BoEs / mats are way too volatile.