Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy with Mogu, Murlocs, Vryku - As a Paid Premium race.

The game doesn't need more races when we are still harboring legacy models that are nearly 12 years old in their current iterations.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Vrykul and High Elf for Alliance.

Ogre and Hobgoblin for Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wait..what..you don't want the race out of the Horde but the people PLAYING them? What sort of attitude is that? Is every BE player in your guild a lesser person or a bad person? People won't leave their social structures and re-roll on the opposite side for a character model.

Me - I think Ogres would be cool...
    Not the original poster, but I pretty much feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Vrykul and High Elf for Alliance.

Ogre and Hobgoblin for Horde.
    I don't think hobgoblin will work, their lifespans are really short and they're essentially just goblins given an alchemic treatment rather than a prison sentence.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    What's a Kindred?

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 10:31 AM ----------

Why not Pandaria? Mogu and Jinyu are pretty cool.
    Yeah they're cool, but I think it'll be too soon to add a Pandaria race. They should start backtracking and bring us Outland races first.

I would just like when you chose the race you can chose it's faction e.g:
    Dwarf -> Dark iron, wildhammer, normal dwarf skins
    Orc -> Dragonmaw/Mag'har

Just stuff like that would REALLY do it for me!

Vykrul, Naga, and Murlocks.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ethereal, Ogre, Broken, Murloc, Jinyu. Those are the 5 pre-seeded races I want to see added. I do have a few others, but they're not yet seeded.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard still hasn't done anything with this area. Given it's location and lore I think it'd be the perfect place for Blizzard to pull a Gilneas and introduce High Elves to the Alliance, maybe toss a battleground between there and Ghostlands. They would have enemies encroaching from both sides with the Forsaken and Belves which would make a nice sense of desperation. And there's still the rest of Zul'Aman outside the city they could work with.

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Blizzard still hasn't done anything with this area. Given it's location and lore I think it'd be the perfect place for Blizzard to pull a Gilneas and introduce High Elves to the Alliance, maybe toss a battleground between there and Ghostlands. They would have enemies encroaching from both sides with the Forsaken and Belves which would make a nice sense of desperation. And there's still the rest of Zul'Aman outside the city they could work with.
    Why would they choose to settle there if it's between two enemies?
    Twas brillig

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know the RPG is non-canon but Blizzard has taken parts out of it to make canon before, the zone still exists on the EK map. If you got to the zone there were elven buildings. They took refuge there before there were enemies on all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I mean, sure, if players want to just go for "if I could play as any race ever," I'd just play as a full-blown dragon.
    You know, that's not completely unviable. You'd probably do most of your questing in humanoid form, but have a worgen-esque "secondary" shape, which would be draconic in nature.

Where your draconic features change as you change your appearance. (Like a reverse worgen)

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Yeah they're cool, but I think it'll be too soon to add a Pandaria race. They should start backtracking and bring us Outland races first.
    they can bring kindred in next expansion if they want (if it the expansion is about burning legion -outland etc), demonics energies transformed the missing high elves from outland ( alleria etc) to the vampiric faction of kindred

kindred are vampires , they are playable at Forsaken world MMORPG .

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    I know the RPG is non-canon but Blizzard has taken parts out of it to make canon before, the zone still exists on the EK map. If you got to the zone there were elven buildings. They took refuge there before there were enemies on all sides.
    Actually no they didn't.

The Area you're referring to is Vanilla Quel'thalas that was never meant to be accessible, it doesn't exist in the "Northern Lordaeron" area.

And again, settling there at any time since the fall of quel'thalas would've had them surrounded by enemies so it still wouldn't have made sense.

Big part of why I'm against High Elves, requires a lot of nonsense to justify them being anywhere.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually no they didn't.

The Area you're referring to is Vanilla Quel'thalas that was never meant to be accessible, it doesn't exist in the "Northern Lordaeron" area.

And again, settling there at any time since the fall of quel'thalas would've had them surrounded by enemies so it still wouldn't have made sense.

Big part of why I'm against High Elves, requires a lot of nonsense to justify them being anywhere.
    We have already established that it just seems like nonsense to you. The Northern Lordaeron strip could be very secluded, making access by sea difficult. The same speculative argumentation you use against, can be used in favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We have already established that it just seems like nonsense to you. The Northern Lordaeron strip could be very secluded, making access by sea difficult. The same speculative argumentation you use against, can be used in favor.
    Interesting take on the situation, here's mine.

I'm arguing against his/her original point that it would be 'cool' because they would be attacked on both sides and that could make a 'cool' starting zone.

I then point out that no one would settle their population in an area isolated from their allies and with enemies on both sides.

You then proceed to jump in without reading what I'm responding to and make assumptions because I rub you the wrong way, and ignore the fact that I never said anything about being attacked by sea.
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2013-03-05 at 06:33 PM. Reason: dunno the gender
    Twas brillig

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they withdrew from outside following the scourge rampage and became isolationist to focus on rebuilding. There's mountains on all sides that would've stopped the Horde races from going previously, similar to the Greymane Wall. Blizzard could make there be a powerful artifact there like SotA or the Divine Bell that are discovered and make it highly desired by the Reliquary. The forsaken don't want another backdoor enemy so they have reason to be there too when the Silver Covenant shows up to persuade them to aid the Alliance. There's a lot Blizzard could do with it, you just gotta use your imagination. And there's still the mysterious entity under Tirisfal- don't know if that's too far away to have an effect though. There could be an encounter between the Windrunner sisters, who knows how that would play out. Having enemies on both sides helps reinforce the Alliance vs Horde that was wearing away in WotLK.
    Last edited by bohapjut; 2013-03-05 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting take on the situation, here's mine.

I'm arguing against his/her original point that it would be 'cool' because they would be attacked on both sides and that could make a 'cool' starting zone.

I then point out that no one would settle their population in an area isolated from their allies and with enemies on both sides.

You then proceed to jump in without reading what I'm responding to and make assumptions because I rub you the wrong way, and ignore the fact that I never said anything about being attacked by sea.
    I mean assaults coming only through east and west would be easier to repel as compared to a naval assault through the length of the shore. If Northern Lordaeron were to be mountainous and difficult to access by sea, invaders would have only two points resembling bottlenecks on Tirisfal north of the scarlet monastery and east of Stratholme on EPL. This would make things difficult for an assaulting army.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-03-05 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spellcheck