Natures Vigil and Cenarion Ward [Resto]

So!

Since 5.2 is tomorrow and I have had 'very' little chance to actually do anything on the PTR? Can anyone who has tell me how these two spells/abilites are doing?

Preferably a raider? :S

Is Cenarion ward buffed up to a point where it can viably be used? Or is it still the same toss away spell compared to Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch?

I understand Nature's Vigil got nerfed slightly, But will it still be viable to use it?

We now have a 10% buff to our healing across the board...plus Nature's Vigil giving an extra 10% healing every 90 seconds. If my theory is correct. That means we basically have an un-nerfed 20% healing every 90 seconds correct?

(10% healing buff + 10% from NV = 20% is the way I see it)

And yes, This is PvE related. Incase anyone missed me saying I was asking for a raiders perspective on these two spells
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-03-04 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Not too sure about cenarion ward, I believe its still going to be a useless spell, the reason for it being bad in 5.0 - 5.1 wasnt the healing it did, it was the masses amount of overhealing it did. I think its going to very encounter specific but expect to see alot of restos still playing with NS + HT. More control = more reliable healer

Yes we have a 10% healing increase across the board so you can consider that passive, but it doesnt turn our NV into a 20% healing buff. Imo I expect most restos are still going to be going for the 6% int increase that HotW provides. Unless there are specific and regular times in an encounter where a slight boost in healing is needed.

Note: What I write is opinions based on playstyle, I don't know any math behind this.

In 10mans, I find Cenarion Ward lacking still because Nature's Swiftness is the only tool for Restoration to get a big on demand heal. Swiftmend is almost there but not quite as it's used usually on cooldown and requires Rejuvenation or Regrowth HoT on target.

In 25mans, Cenarion Ward might have it's place as NS+HT isn't needed as an emergency heal that much and you'd be using it as a mana cooldown pretty much. It depends on real HPS/HPM numbers though.

I believe Nature's Vigil's effect is multiplicative, so the end result compared to 5.1's heals would be 1*1.1*1.1 = 1.21 instead of 1.1+1.1 = 1.20. A slight difference, but is there. But take in mind that you're only visioning and thinking with today's heals. In 5.2, ALL of your heals will heal more, so the effect of NV is diminished, naturally with the benefit of a shorter cooldown. Depending on the fight, but if you don't require a healing cooldown every 90 seconds, I find HotW winning just because the 6 % int you gain, outweighs the 10 % healing pretty quickly. Plus HotW has it's dps benefits as well, which are really good if you need to burst something down.

Quote Originally Posted by sexfacejonny View Post
    Not too sure about cenarion ward, I believe its still going to be a useless spell, the reason for it being bad in 5.0 - 5.1 wasnt the healing it did, it was the masses amount of overhealing it did. I think its going to very encounter specific but expect to see alot of restos still playing with NS + HT. More control = more reliable healer

Yes we have a 10% healing increase across the board so you can consider that passive, but it doesnt turn our NV into a 20% healing buff. Imo I expect most restos are still going to be going for the 6% int increase that HotW provides. Unless there are specific and regular times in an encounter where a slight boost in healing is needed.
    Even with the Nature's Vigil nerf? I still find myself hard pressed to go HoTW. Even if NV did get nerfed, I would rather have that extra healing cooldown that is not tree of life or tranquility

I suppose the 6% Int could be worth it but I am a healer damnit. I hate this new "EVERYONE MUST DPS" thing introduced in T-14. Tanks pull high DPS, DPS pull high DPS, Now healers.
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-03-04 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    Each to their own, most healers will opt for the passive healing benefit i.e. HotW because its a benefit to all of their spells all of the time. I use NV in certain fights, and mostly in challenge modes, it has its place but I dont think in 5.2 we are going to be needing as much...

Shouldnt be a problem in normal, but come hc you have to squeeze everything out of your character possible, unfortunately meaning we have to dps when the timers delegate! I personally like it, makes me feel healers are doing that much more than others in the raid :P
    Last edited by mmoc61c289e6a6; 2013-03-04 at 03:15 PM.

As far as I can tell it's a nice tank CD if it doesnt over heal.

And even then we dont need more hots we need the NS for the burst heal.

Quote Originally Posted by sexfacejonny View Post
    Each to their own, most healers will opt for the passive healing benefit i.e. HotW because its a benefit to all of their spells all of the time. I use NV in certain fights, and mostly in challenge modes, it has its place but I dont think in 5.2 we are going to be needing as much...

Shouldnt be a problem in normal, but come hc you have to squeeze everything out of your character possible, unfortunately meaning we have to dps when the timers delegate! I personally like it, makes me feel healers are doing that much more than others in the raid :P
    Hmmm, I can see that point as well. The int benefit on all of my spells all of the time instead of that 10% every 90 seconds...I might consider it, See how comfortable I feel with it. At the moment I feel more comfortable with NV than HoTW but, I suppose things might have to change.
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-03-04 at 03:23 PM.