Thread: Worms!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    LOL i dont know if theres much you can do to curb this behaviour as cats are generally pretty stubborn pets. you can take comfort in the fact that animals generally find a hiding spot for their their things and stick to it, so there probably wont be too many other caches of worms around your house. stop giving her treats!

hahaha

Deleted
    Your cat is either making a worm army or killing them and leaving their corpses all over in a way of gaining Khornes blessing.

Well it would seem you have trained your cat to hunt for worms, I bid you good fortune on trying to get her to stop doing it :P

Quote Originally Posted by bigwaffles View Post
    I had heard that cats bring in animals and stuff as a gift so I didn't want to be rude. She brings one in every time she goes out.
    like someone mentioned, it's not a gift really, i think she's trying to tell you you suck at hunting ;p not sure what to do with it tho.

and be glad it's worms, my cat brings dead fucking birds ;p although only every once in a while.

Take solace in the fact that it isn't the neighbors pet birds (or the neighbours food birds - my cat went through a stage of breaking in to the neighbors house and bringing me the chicken/meat they'd left out to defrost for dinner). I'd like to give more words of wisdom but I'm too busy laughing at the image of a cat slowly and secretly building an army of worms.

+10 for this thread though.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-03-04 at 06:01 AM. Reason: typos!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    like someone mentioned, it's not a gift really, i think she's trying to tell you you suck at hunting ;p not sure what to do with it tho.

and be glad it's worms, my cat brings dead fucking birds ;p although only every once in a while.
    UGH that reminded me... a couple of weeks ago my cat brought in a dead bird. it had no head and there was blood EVERYWHERE. it looked like elizabeth goddamn bathory's tower in my living room.

you got off light OP

My old cat was a monster. I remember her dragging in a full grown rabbit it was as large as her. Under the old caravan was a grave yard of mice etc. Nothing compared to one of dogs! Old lab called skipper. One day he ran to the other end of the garden started digging killed a mole. I shit you not! He never went out and hunted or anything just one day ran up and got it.

My new cat is an indoor cat like my other one. We have two cats now. Tiggy and Nala. Tiggy was cat napped a few years back from my brothers flat. He moved flat but then got a call from a cat shelter saying they found his cat with a tag. Turns out some guy had it kept in his house and when he got raided for some offense they took the cats to a shelter. She was tagged so they let us know. His new flat doesnt allow animals so I took it in. She doesnt leave the house not because I dont want her to, but she just wont leave. I've left the door open she looks out side then runs away.

The newest cat is 1 year old and doesnt leave as im unsure if I should let him out. I'd have to make a cat flap and I srs cba with it. In the summer I may start letting him out as he has a collar and is tagged and I generally have the conservatory open for the animals to roam around outside during the day and having some sheltar if it rains. Leaving the rest of the house locked if I am out.

But yeh cats be strange.