So what has happend to mage the last couple of months?

Yes,

This is an kinda odd question as obviously there is a possiblity that i can collect these facts my self.
    i just wanted an open opinon regarding how mage was moved in the PVE scene since last time i played which was Pre heroic raids in MoP.

i did reroll first the cause was the level 90 talent whom i hated with all my heart, i didnt find casting an evocation every 40sec very appealing. so i rerolled and quit only a month after that.

So my question is, how is the mage going in the pve scene again? regarding specs, talents and etc. Are they yet as power they used to be? and how will they look after the new patch comming up.

Thanks for all the awnsers i really would like some inside information, cause this is depending if im going to begin play again after my 6month break ^^!

Cheerio!

Quote Originally Posted by Glaid View Post
    Yes,

This is an kinda odd question as obviously there is a possiblity that i can collect these facts my self.
    i just wanted an open opinon regarding how mage was moved in the PVE scene since last time i played which was Pre heroic raids in MoP.

i did reroll first the cause was the level 90 talent whom i hated with all my heart, i didnt find casting an evocation every 40sec very appealing. so i rerolled and quit only a month after that.

So my question is, how is the mage going in the pve scene again? regarding specs, talents and etc. Are they yet as power they used to be? and how will they look after the new patch comming up.

Thanks for all the awnsers i really would like some inside information, cause this is depending if im going to begin play again after my 6month break ^^!

Cheerio!
    Honestly, u Might want to consider warlock instead, becauße they are right Now better at. Everything

The thing is i have played mage for 5 years before i rerolled in mop ;/ and i didnt like the one i rerolled to, wtich was a boomer

Deleted
    Played mage since '05 as main, rerolled monk for MoP, because of 90's talents and all the stuff that comes with it. From what I've seen on the PTR, it's not getting better. And monk is even more fun now, so the mage will sit on the bench for another big chunk of content, maybe the whole expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaid View Post
    Yes,

Cheerio!
    Honestly, anytime nerfs/changes happen....the world cries Underpowered, reroll, we're usless, bla bla. Just as there's fotm OP classes, there's the fotm "worst class"

They are currently the very tippy top of DPS in 5.1, in 5.2 changes have been made for arcane to bring it back down in line, Fire seems to be going okay up to really strong as gear continues, and Frost sounds to be in pretty good shape.

Don't listen to naysayers, if you enjoy your Mage, is just fine and will likely be even more than that, as it always ends up being. If you know your class and aren't on the cusp of world progression, any class you master will be completely okay and Mages are always a comfortably and sound DPS choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    The real reason why everyone hates Garrosh...he sparkles in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    Saw a hunter named Michaelvick with no pet out

This is not concerning if mage are good or not, this is if they have changed any major things with spec, rotation and such, i hated the level 90 talents
    and apprently the lack of "fun" mechanincs and what not.

What spec is currently meta? atm in pve? last time i played it was fire and it was dooing fine.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 02:48 PM ----------

I dont like the idea of rerolling that much, i have been loyal to mage so long. And i dont belive i will become as good on any class other than mage. :/ Im really spoiled when it comes to expect the best preformance from my self.

The main Fire gameplay change is that scorch is baseline so you can take Pom every fight. Talent-wise Invocation makes evocation half as long to cast and the 15% damage buff lasts 1 minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would appreciate it if you could read the first post in our main 5.2. thread to see the discussions. Who is the top or best dps class or spec is still not certain. We will open a new thread when the patch notes come out on Tuesday. Until then focus the discussion in the dedicated thread and I will be locking this.