Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is this exploiting?

So I found this group that does "premades" to farm hks. We only que for Av and IOC of course and just use vent to que at the same time. I'm guessing this first part is fine, but whenever we get people that aren't in the group the are told told no do anything but stay with the group. If the cap anything they are marked and the raid leader tells everyone to report them away. We are also told not to talk to the pugs or say anything as they are being booted. That is the part that seemed questionable to me. I would love to keep doing these for the huge number of kills towards bloodthirsty, but I really don't feel comfortable with this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not exploiting. If they dont want to do as they are told then they deserve to be booted.

Deleted
    if all your bothered about is getting a huge amount of honor kills, why not use the cross realm functions and do a massive world PVP.

Halaa in Nagrand could be a good spot as the res spots are pretty close together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Nope, not exploiting. If they dont want to do as they are told then they deserve to be booted.
    Dance monkey, dance or we kick you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that while it's not exactly exploiting, that attitude could get people in trouble if enough people bother to report it, although there are exploits in the middle of the whole situation. First off, the group is using an unintended method of getting a fully organized group into the same battleground. And then when it fails and they actually get PuG members as is intended, they pretty much do a "do as we say or you're screwed". It's pretty much blackmailing them into doing as you command, or have them mass reported. Not only is it blackmail, but it's also abusing the report feature to attack an innocent player who queued for a random battleground that is not supposed to be formed by fully organized groups.

Bottom line is: you are, in a way, doing a double exploit of unintended game mechanics (getting full non-PuG groups, and then using the report function on PuGs that make it onto the group to get rid of their presence despite them not doing anything reportable), and blackmailing them into doing what you want with the threat of a mass report if you don't comply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    clever use of game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Xin View Post
    If the cap anything they are marked and the raid leader tells everyone to report them away. We are also told not to talk to the pugs or say anything as they are being booted.
    Its not exploiting per se, but definitely griefing.

Griefing is actionable by Blizzard and Blizzard actually does hand out bans for griefing.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-03-03 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    Probably not an exploit, I would report you anyways because its disgusting behaviour.

It's not exploiting, but reporting people just because they aren't following objectives (especially because they aren't doing YOUR plan) is wrong.

It is not an exploit however it is disgusting behavior from your premade and if I ever got into a BG with people like you, I'd have my entire friend list and whole guild mass report you for griefing which is a bannable offense, might want to stop or you guys might see the ban hammer hit you.

Deleted
    Heh, chances are the people who arn't listening are actually bots anyway. Fair play imo. Don't feel bad about kicking them it's a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    Heh, chances are the people who arn't listening are actually bots anyway. Fair play imo. Don't feel bad about kicking them it's a bot.
    Bots don't cap objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    It is not an exploit however it is disgusting behavior from your premade and if I ever got into a BG with people like you, I'd have my entire friend list and whole guild mass report you for griefing which is a bannable offense, might want to stop or you guys might see the ban hammer hit you.

Yeah OP watch out he will mass report you for mass reporting people. lol leave this thread please.

I've been in these large premade groups before. I understand why it's important to not have random people doing their own thing to screw up what the group is trying to accomplish, especially when if they just go along with it their in for free honor farm as well. As far as kicking goes, well, if your in a dungeon, and not doing what the other 4 people need you to do, you get kicked then too, so not sure what the difference is here.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    As far as kicking goes, well, if your in a dungeon, and not doing what the other 4 people need you to do, you get kicked then too, so not sure what the difference is here.
    You dont really go off in a dungeon doing your own thing, they are quite linear. reporting/kicking someone because they are doing what they are meant to be doing
    i.e capping a flag in WSG is wrong.
    Its not their fault you want to farm HK's and they shouldn't be punished because they want to win the BG

Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    You dont really go off in a dungeon doing your own thing, they are quite linear. reporting/kicking someone because they are doing what they are meant to be doing
    i.e capping a flag in WSG is wrong.
    Its not their fault you want to farm HK's and they shouldn't be punished because they want to win the BG
    No idea if Blizz would do anything about this, not what I would call an exploit. But I'll agree with this person. Random queues up for a BG that has an objective (and we all none of them are to kill as many players as possible) - random does right and is then booted because he happened to get into your retarded HK BG, seems unfair. Lucky for you Blizz doesn't pay attention to what happens in 0.01% of their BGs - and really doesn't care if you offend a few of their players. Carry on OP, you fine product of the wow community.

Deleted
    Imo it's not exploiting, it's just being complete jerks towards people that just want to do some normal BGs.
    You guys are in fact ruining it for these people.
    I'd rather you did as suggested, and try some world pvp instead.

Griefing, causes other players to be unable to play the game in a "public" format, randoms is for everyone, they can report you if it's seen to be continuous you'll be actioned if it's like "do this or we'll kick you" when they have no relation to you or the guild

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    They don't have to listen to them, especially not since they are breaking the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    clever use of game mechanics.
    Abusing a system put into place to remove AFKers and Bots isn't meant to be used to kick random people and were far from "clever use of game mechanics".

On topic. HK farming groups bigger than 5 man are banned by now. You can get reported and suspended for doing it. Blizzard actively broke most addons allowing to queue with bigger groups. Sadly to few people actually report them.

I wouldn't call any of it exploiting, I'd call it straight up abuse of game mechanics.

Everything's been pointed out already, but just for the hell of it...

Not allowed premades bigger than 5 people anymore
    Using the report feature for things other than it's intended purpose (if someone is actually afk for instance) is straight up abuse

I guess those are the 2 things that are really against blizzard rules, however being assholes to people just because they actually follow the objectives of a bg is stupid.