Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, If you're wearing the same gear to tank as to DPS except for maybe a really solid mastery/haste piece...well. I think that speaks for itself.

3 sets. Prot PvE, Ret PvE (2ndary but ends up better more than it should) Ret PvP. Also have outfitter programed for Prot PvP as a mix of Prot PvE and Ret PvE. I use 5, 22 slot bags. Between gear and 'must' carry consumables and stuff I farm I still usually have a full 22 slot open. Buying a vendor mount helps keep the bags empty too.

It is pretty annoying that one spec from 1 class needs a full set to be considered all the time. Priest has the option of having dps gear in their main spec if they're over the amount of spirit required making them open to pretty flexible gear sets and spirit is even interchangeable as hit for all other healers. It just seems odd but I suppose cloth spirit gear is in the same boat, only 1 class can use them too. Only leather and mail have the benefit of spirt = hit for their DPS caster specs.

Maybe it's just me but 1 piece of gear being the only option you have and it not even being optimized for your spec seems like they just put random stats on gear with no real thought. Plate healer, lets stick on crit for ya, I heard you love that reforge fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post
    If that is true, than it's a serious fail in class design :/
    Its nothing new, people haven't valued Parry or Dodge for many many years now

I do have two sets, Holy Pve (mainspec) and Ret PvE. Though i pretty much never use the Retgear. I dont see why ppl always complain that "gahh dps is so useless as holy"
    Sure enough it is compared to a Ret. But i never die when doing dailies or quests and i normally can pull whole shiploads of mobs and smack up Lights hammer and wings and spam Denounce and stand there a min after and having killed pretty much all mobs needed on one or perhaps two such kills. Ofc you can do it with Prot or some may even do it with ret. But i never had any problems doing it with holy either.

Deleted
    I carry around my Prot/Ret/Holy PvE gear aswell as some random pieces that are statted better for CMs. Gear is over half my bagslots, but it doesn't really bother me - what else are you carrying around that you need lots of bag space for? My other chars store all my materials and stuff... with flasks/food/pots/spirits/quest items etc in "normal" amounts I have about 12 slots for greys/greens and that's plenty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    So far from correct that's not even funny.

OT Tanks use a completely different set of gear than DPS some pieces can be interchanged but by no means do they not reforge all the crit away and they do value dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rioik View Post
    so my question is do i really need 3 sets of gear to be able to play a holy pally? How do you holy pallys do dailys if not? I got 1 set for pve, one for pvp and i gotta carry a ret set to do dailys? Do anyone else have this problem? any tips would be great cause thats alot of bag space..they should make a gear bag, they go bags for everything else.
    Well as many mentioned, you can either do a Holy DPS spec and reduce one set of gear or you can group with a dps. That's about it on options of reducing gear.

Plus, 3 sets isn't too bad. I carry about five on my paladin and never have bag room because of it :P I have a tank set, holy set, ret set, holy pvp set and ret pvp set. Usually I tank for a bunch of friends or I'll heal depending on who's coming. I have a ret set because I like to do dailies by myself, old content, raids, etc. Then I have a ret and holy pvp set depending on whatever mood I'm in for the day or if others are coming.

So yea, if you think three are bad just remember you could always be carrying more :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I don't know which game were you playing in these "many many years".. MoP changes came in September 2012. Before that Cata had high value for mastery, dodge, parry to complete the table coverage for incoming hits. Even now it feels nice when I see streaks of dodges and parries (damn useful on many incoming hits = packs of adds). Too bad magic damage doesn't care about dodge, parry, block or ShOtR's melee damage reduction.

And since we're in 2013, my math can't convince me that ~6 months stand for those "many many years" you talk about.
    Last edited by mmocda47e9f641; 2013-03-05 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioik View Post
    so my question is do i really need 3 sets of gear to be able to play a holy pally? How do you holy pallys do dailys if not? I got 1 set for pve, one for pvp and i gotta carry a ret set to do dailys? Do anyone else have this problem? any tips would be great cause thats alot of bag space..they should make a gear bag, they go bags for everything else.
    The answer to your question is yes. That's exactly what I carry around in my bag. I'm starting to think I need a Ret PVP set to do dailies in, also, since I'm on a PvP realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    So far from correct that's not even funny.

OT Tanks use a completely different set of gear than DPS some pieces can be interchanged but by no means do they not reforge all the crit away and they do value dodge.
    Crit is valued far and away above dodge, there is no reason to have any Parry or Dodge on your gear anymore unless you're bleeding edge 25H raiding, which is just such a small minority these days unfortunately. The true stat priority is something along the lines of Hit = Expertise > Haste => Mastery > Stamina > Crit > Parry => Dodge, for the majority who are 10hc/25n

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    I don't know which game were you playing in these "many many years".. MoP changes came in September 2012. Before that Cata had high value for mastery, dodge, parry to complete the table coverage for incoming hits. Even now it feels nice when I see streaks of dodges and parries (damn useful on many incoming hits = packs of adds). Too bad magic damage doesn't care about dodge, parry, block or ShOtR's melee damage reduction.

And since we're in 2013, my math can't convince me that ~6 months stand for those "many many years" you talk about.
    Yes you had to complete the table, but every bit of Dodge/Parry was merely a stopgap until you could replace them with more Mastery, the last time that Dodge/Parry had some actual value was TBC when you still needed to 102% yourself to avoid crushes, but even then Stamina > Block > BV > Dodge => Parry
    If you'd like the maths, that makes it 5ish months since we've cared about them at all, 2 years since we valued them for any length of time and ~4.5 years since we truly valued them

Also please don't get "we valued them" confused with "I didn't understand the current meta, so didn't correctly gear".