Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

When exacly 5.2 hit?

Hey, as the topic said. 5.2 gonna hit 5th or 5 is only season closed and 5.2 hit on 12/13 ?

Arena seasons have been ending on the date of a new patch, with the new season starting one week after the patch.

So, if the trend continues, 5.2 should be coming on the 5th.

As the above poster said, usually it would hit this wednesday. However, seeing that PTR testing is only just done, and the fact that 3 days before the patch could launch no announcement has been made, my guess is the 12th.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    As the above poster said, usually it would hit this wednesday. However, seeing that PTR testing is only just done, and the fact that 3 days before the patch could launch no announcement has been made, my guess is the 12th.
    The 12th is the date where they will be rolling out the new SC2 expansion, not really a ideal day for a raid patch.

I honestly don't know how they're going to pull off a 5th release date without massive bugs, since raid testing literally just barely ended and all...and some fights STILL had bugs even after 4 rounds of testing. We'll obviously see though.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    The 12th is the date where they will be rolling out the new SC2 expansion, not really a ideal day for a raid patch.
    This part right here:

Blizzard wouldn't decide "Hey, we just launched StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm at midnight... time to take Battle.net down for maintenance and patch World of Warcraft!" Just no. Bad, bad, bad decision.

If we follow history, it hits on the 5th, with the end of season. And Blizzard is, if not known for how "soon" something will not happen, is predictable in that if it worked before, just keep doing it (Not always a good or bad thing, depending on context used).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    I sure hope it's not this week because they have barely ended boss testing.. Feels like they still got some tweaking to do.

But knowing blizzard we will probably get some broken ToS bosses that are extremely overtuned. (if they release patch this week)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I honestly don't know how they're going to pull off a 5th release date without massive bugs, since raid testing literally just barely ended and all...and some fights STILL had bugs even after 4 rounds of testing. We'll obviously see though.
    And that stupid bug with storm, earth and fire where monks can change you into ugly dwarf females still exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Man, these two weeks are going to be huge for Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just have to read what blues say and do the math. While everyone was going on about the last-week-of-Feb meme, a blue had given a hint that made that mathematically impossible ("you'll be able to cap valor from 0 before the patch drops"). The best hint we have right now is that "the patch will be released shortly after the raid unlocking schedule". If that's announced tomorrow, the patch will be this week. If we've reached end of business tomorrow PST and that schedule hasn't been announced, it'll be the 12th, regardless of Starcraft.

Part of me ish very happy because I am SO ready for 5.2.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering HotS comes out 3/13, it'll more than likely be Tuesday for 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP season ends this Tuesday. So if it's not this week, next week for sure.

Deleted
    look on the link https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status...896845824?p=vt liax gave it tells you there its this week...@CM_Zarhym is the patch definitely released on Tuesday, Mr. Zarhym, sir?? Or was there a change in plans??

reply: @oneblkbutterfly That's still the plan.

If the twitter post wasnt convincing enough for you, go to the 16:00 mark of this interview where Ion blatantly slips (or doesnt care and just blurps it out) that this upcoming week we will be raiding Throne of Thunder

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...nterview-gb-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    What you see and do on the PTR is not what Blizzard has in their internal testing, 90% of the bugs on the PTR have already been adressed and fixed in their own client.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That and well on the service forum although not unusual we have the usual 8 hour maintenance starting at 3am PST.

The patch is ready for the most part. Normals seems to be fine minus a few things that hopefully have already been fixed as normal testing ended last week. Heroic modes definitely need some work but Blizzard also has another week before players even get there to refine those.

Anyways, the patch will be this Tuesday, March 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlster View Post
    What you see and do on the PTR is not what Blizzard has in their internal testing, 90% of the bugs on the PTR have already been adressed and fixed in their own client.
    This means absolutely nothing, you obviously didn't play the beta where bugs were there even after the raids were tested for what.....7-8 MONTHS? yeah, pretty pathetic. This is of course when MoP was live, they stayed in-game for months. I personally hope they'll be fixed, but who really knows going from some of the bugs that persisted on the PTR, along with the bugs that lasted well into live for T14.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-03-04 at 02:42 AM.