Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

US high school student suspended for refusing to wear an chipped ID tag

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...S-tracker.html

http://www.nisd.net/studentlocator/s...nes-Letter.pdf

http://www.zdnet.com/student-expelle...ge-7000007723/

"What we're teaching kids is that they live in a total surveillance state and if they do not comply, they will be punished"
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2013-02-17 at 07:32 AM.

I can understand not wanting to wear the gps badge, but come on for religious reasons? If she did a little reading she and her family would realize everything after one of the early chapters (I forget which) is simply the Apostle John writing down his dreams which were to be interpreted for events that were to happen shortly after that book was written.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...S-tracker.html

http://www.nisd.net/studentlocator/s...nes-Letter.pdf

http://www.zdnet.com/student-expelle...ge-7000007723/

"What we're teaching kids is that they live in a total surveillance state and if they do not comply, they will be punished"
    Somehow I think the real disturbing part of that story is WHY she refused to wear the chip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion strikes again etc.

The real problem is that kids are being given the same tracking methods as dogs. And if they do not comply with complete tracking then they will be punished.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    I can understand not wanting to wear the gps badge, but come on for religious reasons? If she did a little reading she and her family would realize everything after one of the early chapters (I forget which) is simply the Apostle John writing down his dreams which were to be interpreted for events that were to happen shortly after that book was written.
    That is your own interpretation of what the books of the bible mean. Since we were not there, nobody now can say for certain what the meaning was intended to be, or when the events were to take place.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Somehow I think the real disturbing part of that story is WHY she refused to wear the chip.
    Ya Im a Christian and even I think she is bat-shit crazy

I wonder if anyone in her family has a driver's license...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get the badge, throw in microwave for 5 seconds to pop the chip, after 8-10 replacements and saying it must be gods will they are breaking the school will stop replacing it to save $ which is reason they use them to begin with

This seems like a rather slippery slope is they do actually think its against her religious beliefs.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Government is crackin down on free-thinkin an ma ideas!!"

Okay, what are your ideas?

"Dat Satan is inside-a these here micromachips! The barcode even says 666! The Devil be tryin ta get at me coz of the government!"

This is what these people actually believe. When trying to argue that your free thoughts shouldn't be monitored (not that they even are in this case), you should not have such stupid and insane thoughts. It's a school ID card...what is the big deal? They will know infinitely more about you from Facebook. Stop being bad at life, America.

Infracted: Please do not insult religions or nation bash
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-02-17 at 08:31 AM.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

As someone who actually lives in San Antonio Texas, and knows the school and district very well, I'd like to comment that Jay High School is notorious in my city. It's a shit hole to be honest. Then again, this is the stupidest fucking decision they could have made. What's (almost, maybe, this is debatable) more stupid is the fact that she cited the bible as a reason not to wear the ID. All around, this is total bullshit.

However, they do need to do something, the damn kids here don't give a shit about school and they're truancy rate is atrocious.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Stop being bad at life, America.
    You'd think the whole "1 student out of 4200" thing might have been enough to quell the pointless over-generalizations. Clearly not.

I think it's an intrusive measure and I don't really think it's wrong to oppose it. But, her's is a pretty lousy reason o.O

Honestly I wouldn't feel to comfortable going to school with a GPS tracking device on me. If I ever do have children I wonder how bad it will be for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the heck? This is in my old school district. I've never heard of this!

Edit: Jay Highschool, well that answers that, lmao!

So glad I'm done with grade school.
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2013-02-17 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly... I'm very much an anti-theist. Anti-christianity in all its forms.

This still strikes me as wrong. Forcing people to wear identification tags and GPS tracking devices, even if they're only schoolkids and it's only for the purposes of getting funding, makes me very uneasy. I could insert a generic slippery slope argument, but I think we all know how that would go.

Forcing people to wear GPS tags is frankly Orwellian and I would honestly refuse to wear one as well.

Wearing a GPS / Tracking Device I can understand is rather intrusive, but I've never understood why some people get so worked up over it. If you've got nothing to hide, I see no cause for concern.

That said, I don't believe the use of it on School Children is worthwhile, and her excuse is lousy. Religion or not, she is required / requested to wear it, so if she doesn't the punishment fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Get the badge, throw in microwave for 5 seconds to pop the chip, after 8-10 replacements and saying it must be gods will they are breaking the school will stop replacing it to save $ which is reason they use them to begin with

leaves evidence, i would use a magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    The apostle John is not the author of the Revelation. Just a point of correction. The Revelation according to John was written by John of Patmos, and was written some 70-100 years after Jesus's death.

10+ Year Old Account
    1984 Detected.