Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    I don't understand what the debate is here.

One time there were these people and they had a situation. They agreed that if something happened they would take a certain action. Something happened and the agreement was upheld.

Happy ending!
    You must remember that people from all over the world are posting here and they just might have problems dealing with this. Since it's illegal where they live and they have no prior experience with it.

But yeah you summed it up pretty nice. ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Her presence there indicated she did. A retirement home does not have the means to provide long-term prevention of pulmonary failure.
    We dont know that either. She might have been too poor to be hospitalized fort a long period of time, family unable to care for her etc.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    We dont know that either. She might have been too poor to be hospitalized fort a long period of time, family unable to care for her etc.
    Well, technically if you're poor a retirement home would be a financially bad decision on your part.... but the cost of continued treatment with little to no benefit is a fairly significant factor in treatment of the elderly. When you get into the treatments that are thousands of dollars per week, sometimes holding on longer simply isn't feasible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That woman didn't want to die.
    She lived in a nursing home....and was 87. Pretty sure she wanted to die at that point.

I know I'd rather be dead than live in those circumstances.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    I don't understand what the debate is here.
    The debate is pretty much the standard mindset of the "Seers of MMO-Champion" that every life can be saved/preserved, no matter the person, scenario, legal ramifications, or anything that adds context to the argument otherwise. Even if posts like this or this show up, the Seers will barge right though, culminating all their knowledge of movies/tv/games/etc to create a 80 page epic that boils down to, "I thought of this, so they should of too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Jeeze....imagine that. You'd rather let someone die than break the rules.
    Yeah, if I thought I would lose my job. Especially with the idiot currently in the White House.

Plus if you don't want to follow the rules then don't take that job.

We need less people on this planet not more. We need more people working, not sucking up health care funds being useless.
    Last edited by Super Friendly Kitty Cat; 2013-03-04 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    The debate is pretty much the standard mindset of the "Seers of MMO-Champion" that every life can be saved/preserved, no matter the person, scenario, legal ramifications, or anything that adds context to the argument otherwise. Even if posts like this or this show up, the Seers will barge right though, culminating all their knowledge of movies/tv/games/etc to create a 80 page epic that boils down to, "I thought of this, so they should of too!"
    I think I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicuros View Post
    In my country you would have to go to jail for such neglect against humanity. Not sure if it's the correct word, but "exposition" and cause of death for not helping is a crime. After all, I think most of us thinks it's our moral oblication to help.
    Please, read the rest of the thread.. You know, that small part about how there was pretty much nothing that nurse COULD have done to help, or that other part where the nurse would have done more harm than good, or hey this other part over here about how the FAMILY MEMBERS AGREE WITH THE ACTIONS TAKEN.

oi.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my country you would have to go to jail for such neglect against humanity. Not sure if it's the correct word, but "exposition" and cause of death for not helping is a crime. After all, I think most of us thinks it's our moral oblication to help.

Which country would that be? Most Western countries employ DNR's in standard medical practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Then I feel sorry for anyone you might know that wanted to die in peace rather than have continued suffering.

Different sitautions call for different measures so your argument falls flat on it's face.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Something is off about this story. There are details not being given.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Ugh, tell us what country this is. Being forced through consequence to get involved with strangers safety. I would never want to go there under such draconian laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Something is off about this story. There are details not being given.
    Any details concerning personal information, including the legal status of DNR's and other such agreements, are protected under law by HIPAA.

Not sure what the story is here. Apparently these are the accepted rules of the nursing home. The nurse didn't want to lose her job? I wouldn't break the rules either. On top of all that, the female in question is 87 years old, let her die with dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/201...on-dying-woman

An elderly woman died at a US retirement home after a nurse refused to perform CPR on her, despite a 911 operator pleading with her to do so.

In audio of the emergency services call, the nurse at Glenwood Gardens in California can be heard repeatedly refusing to perform CPR on 87-year-old resident Lorraine Bayless after she collapsed on Tuesday.
    The dispatcher begs the nurse to perform resuscitation until paramedics can arrive, but she insists it is against the centre's policy for staff to perform CPR and says she won't bend the rules.

"As a human being … is there anybody there that is willing to help this lady and not let her die?" the dispatcher says in the call.
    But the nurse says, "not at this time".
    The dispatcher appears to become increasingly desperate and urges the nurse to hand the phone to someone not employed by the centre so they can do CPR instead.

"Is there a gardener or any staff, anybody that doesn't work for you, anywhere?" she said.
    "Can we flag someone down in the street and get them to help this lady?"
    Ms Bayless, a resident of the independent living part of the centre, was pronounced dead at hospital after collapsing and having trouble breathing at the centre, authorities said.

Glenwood Gardens said it would launch an investigation but stood by its CPR policy.
    "In the event of a health emergency at this independent living community, our practice is to immediately call emergency medical personnel for assistance and to wait with the individual needing attention until such personnel arrives," it said in a written statement.
    "That is the protocol we followed."
    Ms Bayless' daughter, who is also a nurse, says she is satisfied with the care her mother received

Additional Sources:
    ABC NEws: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/911-...m-cpr-18640828
    NBC: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...194588781.html

I would of given CPR regardless
    Wait...."Ms Bayless' daughter, who is also a nurse, says she is satisfied with the care her mother received."

How the fuck can the daughter of a dead mother be okay with that????

+1

And they think everyone wants to live to be 120, and everyone thinks "This only happens in USA"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Wait...."Ms Bayless' daughter, who is also a nurse, says she is satisfied with the care her mother received."

How the fuck can the daughter of a dead mother be okay with that????
    Because the mother likely had a chronic condition (pulmonary failures don't come out of nowhere), and she and her mother decided that death should come with dignity? Yours is pretty much the mindset of someone who has never experienced the pain of a love one dying from a chronic condition.

Quote Originally Posted by lasheric View Post
    On top of all that, the female in question is 87 years old, let her die with dignity.
    No, she should be put back in her wheelchair, strapped down and have 20 tubes going into every orifice!! That's what baby jesus would want!

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, it doesn't specify if the had a DNR. Secondly, the nurse could've gotten into a hell of a lot of trouble had she performed CPR (not everywhere in the US has good samaritan laws). Thirdly, going along with the second point, it is against the rules for her to do so. Let's say she did CPR, the woman still died. Now the nurse gets fired. Congratulations all you bleeding hearts, you just cost someone their job. The company that runs the place obviously has this rule in place for a reason, did you ever stop to think about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I just saw the ABC video and never saw anything about there being a DNR order on this lady. So figuring this, lets see...

If there was a DNR, why would they have even called 911?
    If there wasn't a DNR, why would live in a place where they have a policy that says, hey if you go unconscious we won't do anything to help you. we just call 911 for you?