10+ Year Old Account

Your favorite early RP'ing memory?

I recently went through my old computer and found a few files with old bios, old rp ideas, and half finished posts and just reading some old things got me thinking about when I first started Roleplaying. So I thought I'd share one of my old favorite memories and see what yall's were.

Here is mine: ((Link included! If you are interested: The Highlands Its between me (Robert) and Kazat. Starts about half way down and ends around page 11))

So I had just written my first Bio (Denhomle Stonehammer) but was having trouble finding an RP to fit him in. I kind of wrote him into a corner the first time around, but I started reading a new RP that Vadoor had just started about a War in Arathi and wanted in. So I thought up Robert Anderson and he let me in. Now I had never roleplayed before and really glad I did with Vadoor. He threw me into the deep end so to speak and gave me several NPCs to control from Refugee Point. Taught me a lot about being cautious and really staying down to Azeroth (see what i did there =D) with what a character can and can't do and the effort it requires. Looking back I still might of been a little over the top with Robert's abilities but not so much that anyone else thought so.

But onto the real great part about this and something I miss sorely, since we haven't had many rper vs rper combat lately, was Robert's first fight against Kazat's Razi'kale. We spent a lot of time back and forth in IRC talking about how the fight was going to go. Kazat at the time was also new so our first battle was a thrill. A lot of give and take and I think it ended pretty reasonably. Only regret about it was that the overall RP ended a little lack luster but still is one of my favorite RPs and really got me hooked.

So how about you guys?

Shit, I've got so many memories from WoW RP...

Probably the most memorable was one day back in may of 2010 when a bunch of people made accounts named after characters from WoW and were roleplaying in all these threads. It got so bad that Dinnerbone (one of the admins here) decided to talk about making a roleplaying forum. I was lucky enough to stumble on that announcement, jump onto IRC, and talk about what the forum would need. Back then, things were a lot different. For one thing, we had a Roleplay Discussion forum, where RP sign-ups, lore discussion, and character bios could be found. In order to post in the RP forums proper, you had to be approved to join the roleplayer subgroup which still exists, funnily enough! Doesn't serve too much of a purpose nowadays though, aside from giving you a fancy shmancy title. Anyway in order to be approved you had to have made one character bio that the community thought was acceptable. All this in the name of keeping out trolls!

About an hourish (give or take) after the forum was created, I made my first post: a little guide on how to design your character bio. That thing still stands today as the first sticky of these forums. After that, I continued to help out in the community until I was named its first full-fledged moderator.

Another silly memory was my first version of Archilios Lightspire... He was actually originally designed as a character for The Rhonin Diaries, this really hilarious set of comedic threads. He was a paladin who was so shook up at the destruction of Quel'Thalas that he went insane. He was normally a very polite person, but at times he became very zany. He was also a cannibal, I think.. In his first roleplay I think I had him steal something from a dragon (I THINK the charred corpse of some human he wanted to eat), and then accidentally kill himself.

Looking back, it seemed a lot more comedic at the time.

Well, I'm still new to forum-based RP but I've done loads of tabletop. D&D and Mutants&Masterminds are my favorite though. My first character was a Saurion (Lizard-Man) superhero in M&M who joined up with the new local Hero Team. We called ourselves The Troupe. It was me and four of my closest friends and we had a blast. The first day after making our characters we RP'd living together in our Secret HQ. We spent three hours "playing" a made-up video game and rolling D20's to see who won each round.

It was the most fun I've had and what made me decide to start doing forum RP here. I know this isn't WoW based but man were those some good times...
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    In order to post in the RP forums proper, you had to be approved to join the roleplayer subgroup which still exists, funnily enough! Doesn't serve too much of a purpose nowadays though, aside from giving you a fancy shmancy title.
    Does it need another reason? I love my fancy shmancy Role-player title.

Also any RP is welcome! I have always wanted to try out D&D but could never find a group near me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    Does it need another reason? I love my fancy shmancy Role-player title.
    Well I think you can also close your own threads, unless the admins took that away. Eh. Anyway. I'd wear mine if not for the fact I have a youtube video linked in my title.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    Also any RP is welcome! I have always wanted to try out D&D but could never find a group near me.
    Yeah I've always wanted to do pen and paper campaigns... I've helped out a couple friends with their plotlines, but I've never been a part of the actual experience. They always had a full group and it was the best I could manage... plus I have a knack for helping with stories and they're good friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, my favorite moment is also my most embarrassing. Here I am, new Role-player last March and I have no clue how to go about it. I tried World's Tavern, but they were jerks so I came here. I found a role-play called, "A War in the Snow." Hosted by someone name 'Elyaan'; I saw it was open and that a battle was going on in Dragonblight and I decided to jump in.... as Varian Wrynn, yes that one. There was a frostwyrm that was destroying the lines and I thought, "Someone should kill it." It turned out this dragon was an RP character and I had Varian jump on top of it after a narrow miss and smash the wyrm to the ground in an epic air battle. Alerts popped up as the MMO champion gestapo rained hell on me, "BIG NO-NO!" "You can't do that!" My face turned pale and I immediately responded, "Sorry! New! Didn't know Ehragos was a character!"

Luckily for me, 'Chonar' explained what I had done and how I should go about RPing. He mentioned characters and this "Super-Amazing" sticky made by someone named 'The Madgod.' I was pleased by his writing; the god Sheogorath's post led the way for Darced the Emberweaver. Who evidently is now a lich, going on something else... Well, that's my moment :P

Another funny story, I never used a forum before this so I didn't know what a sticky was :P

Check out page 1: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-Snow./page2
    Last edited by Darced; 2013-03-05 at 12:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My very first roleplay was at the age of twelve--I participated in some Pokemon RP on Yahoo! chat. I didn't even know it was called 'roleplay' at the time. I learned the rules of RP pretty quickly but I wasn't a very good writer as a tween. Then again, who is?

It was a lot of pseudo-furry RP where we pretended to be Pokemon. Then we roleplayed Digimon, then some Sonic the Hedgehog, then I moved on to Harry Potter... and finally I landed in Vanilla WoW a few years later. When I first started playing I didn't even know you could roleplay on this game (I came from Final Fantasy XI where RP was practically nonexistent). All of my IRL friends played on a PvP server, so I did the same. I kinda looked down on people who played on normal/RP servers, as I had that dumb superiority complex that so many PvP players had at the time.

Anyway, BC comes along and, somehow, I find out about roleplay in WoW. I decide to give it a shot and transferred to an RP-PvP server: The Venture Co. Fun place, great people, but almost no roleplay. I was also getting tired of PvP so I eventually made the leap to Moon Guard. Like most folks, my first RP characters were, for lack of a better world, horrible. I played a troll raised by blood elves (!?) and an immature, girly draenei who acted more human than anything. Slowly but surely, I learned the lore, improved my writing, and made my final server jump to Wyrmrest Accord. I've been here ever since, and I don't plan on leaving.

I suppose I don't have a specific moment I'm fond of, just certain periods of time during my roleplay career. It was a fun adventure, but god did I do some stupid stuff.