New to Panda. How to prepare for new season?

I just started playing the old paladin again and I've noticed there are some major changes to how you obtain pvp gear. There is upgrades now, restrictions that were previously in place no longer seem releveant etc etc.

So I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but how exactly should one prepare for the next season (this one has no meaning to me). I currently have the pvp weapon, and 3k conquest points. Should one save them? Upgrade some type of item before the season rolls over? Do points even roll over?

Sorry for the noobie questions and thanks again for the help in figuring everything out!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would upgrade your weapon if you haven't already. They are making Malevolent available through honor purchase as well. Upgrade your weapon and what pieces of Malevolent that you can, then just save your honor for the rest.

I could be wrong.

>Points don't roll over
    >Buy/Upgrade what you can now
    >Upgrades are non-existence in 5.2
    >Upgraded gear from 5.1 will be much higher Item level than purchasable 5.2 Malevolent.
    >Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    >Points don't roll over
    >Buy/Upgrade what you can now
    >Upgrades are non-existence in 5.2
    >Upgraded gear from 5.1 will be much higher Item level than purchasable 5.2 Malevolent.
    >Have a good day.
    So would you advice upgrading the gear I have now or trying to buy new pieces? Or is the un-upgraded 5.1 gear not as good as the purchasable 5.2 mal gear.

As far as i know 5.1 is always better, upgraded or nor, but if you can upgrade your weapon you should do it because thats the biggest gain of stats if you take into account that you will get full malev for honor in 5.2.

Deleted
    In preparation of 5.2 I'd very swiftly roll a rogue or a mage or a monk if I were you :>