Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow1912 View Post
    Umm..No. A hybrid is any class that can do more than one role. Not at the same time. Just has the capability to do more than one role. There are only 4 pure classes in the game. Mage, rogue, hunter, and warlock. Everything else is a hybrid.
    No.

hy·brid (hbrd)
    n.
    1. Genetics The offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock, especially the offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties, species, or races.
    a. Something of mixed origin or composition, such as a word whose elements are derived from different languages.
    b. Something having two kinds of components that produce the same or similar results, such as a vehicle powered by both an electric motor and an internal combustion engine as sources of power for the drive train.

I don't care what WoW has told you.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    You misunderstand the meaning of "hybrid" in terms of classes within wow.

This is what is considered Hybrid within the WoW community.
    You know, back in vanilla, an enhancement shaman or an elemental shaman was a real hybrid because it could both damage and heal effectively.

That's a real hybrid.

If you want to call a class with 3-4 distinct roles a hybrid when they can only perform one role (competitively) at a time, feel free.

10+ Year Old Account
    where is the Grand crusader Change mentioned? don't stealth this change on us, it is after all a MAJOR change o.O

I am so scared to see this patch go live tomorrow. ..Its a proven fact whenever Blizz DARES buff ret in any small way whatsoever that everything suddenly turns upon it's own ear, dives through a blackhole and comes out the other end a jumbled mess of "WHY PALLY SO BROKEN, BLIZZ FIX THEY CAN KEEP UP NOW!!!" and we get "THE-D" one patch later.

I'm so scared.. ._.

By your logic, there are no hybrids in game. Try tanking or healing "competitively" as a ret paladin or DPS as a prot warrior.

Hybrid = more than one role. No class in WoW can fill more than one role at a time (unless you count 3 Flash of Lights as "competitive" healing).

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

Except we aren't talking about the dictionary version of hybrid. We are specifically talking about the WoW version. And the WoW version is that you can perform more than one role, but you can't do them at the same time competitively. Sure, a ret could dps, then tank, and throw out some heals. But, his heals will suck, and he will drop faster than a specced prot paladin. As said before, there are only 4 "pure" classes. Everything else is a hybrid.

Deleted
    Umm..No. A hybrid is any class that can do more than one role. Not at the same time. Just has the capability to do more than one role. There are only 4 pure classes in the game. Mage, rogue, hunter, and warlock. Everything else is a hybrid.
    Imo hybrids died when patch 4.0.1 hit and this change came "Once a talent specialization has been chosen, players may only place points in the primary tree until at least 31 points have been spent there."

So there are no true hybrids in the game anymore.
    But thats just how I personally see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Boomkins and Spriests have no right to complain, they have always been way higher than Ele Shamans. Both of them even have the highest burst of all classes.
    Shadowpriests burst is very situational...you need to have 3 orbs and is not so easy to obtain them and still you need to have some back to back mind spikes procs,if you don't know what you say then don't say it at all...spriests can reach ele's burst only in their dreams

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katamai View Post
    By your logic, there are no hybrids in game. Try tanking or healing "competitively" as a ret paladin or DPS as a prot warrior.

Hybrid = more than one role. No class in WoW can fill more than one role at a time (unless you count 3 Flash of Lights as "competitive" healing).
    Sorry dude, but ret paladins were healing on heroic Rag in Firelands because their healing was so good.

They are still a true warrior/healer hybrid, which is why they are so hard to balance.

Except we aren't talking about the dictionary version of hybrid. We are specifically talking about the WoW version. And the WoW version is that you can perform more than one role, but you can't do them at the same time competitively. Sure, a ret could dps, then tank, and throw out some heals. But, his heals will suck, and he will drop faster than a specced prot paladin. As said before, there are only 4 "pure" classes. Everything else is a hybrid.
    Ret healing was amazing in Firelands and 4.3. Read above.

And I am talking about the actual definition of hybrid.

That's a real hybrid.
    OK lets make is short no mather whot anone say his alwais right .....

No.

hy·brid (hbrd)
    n.
    1. Genetics The offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock, especially the offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties, species, or races.
    a. Something of mixed origin or composition, such as a word whose elements are derived from different languages.
    b. Something having two kinds of components that produce the same or similar results, such as a vehicle powered by both an electric motor and an internal combustion engine as sources of power for the drive train.

You know, back in vanilla, an enhancement shaman or an elemental shaman was a real hybrid because it could both damage and heal effectively.

That's a real hybrid.

If you want to call a class with 3-4 distinct roles a hybrid when they can only perform one role (competitively) at a time, feel free.
    Most classes that have a healing spec could also effectively off-heal, right up until quite recently, what's your point? You're still misinformed on the meaning of a hybrid class in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Wut? Ele Shams burst is way higher than Boomkins and Spriests, hello Ascendance?
    You're doing it wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Most classes that have a healing spec could also effectively off-heal, right up until quite recently, what's your point? You're still misinformed on the meaning of a hybrid class in WoW.
    Most classes that could heal but were DPS could not heal as well as ret in Firelands and 4.3 (to the point where ret paladins replaced healers in 3v3). Ret wasn't too bad at the start of MOP either.

Try again. Not to mention the fact that a ret paladin is an armor plated holy warrior (not that that matters in PVE but it was something that made it hard to balance in PVP). It's still a true hybrid.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2013-03-04 at 04:25 PM.

None of the engineering awesomeness is in the official patch notes. *sad panda*
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

no because you cant even use scorch as anything except fire..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    And Shamans will still be the weakest ranged dps class, this takes the piss.... they need at least a 20% buff across the board to be equal to other classes.
    I don't know if it adds up to 20%, but the Shaman patch notes are filled to the brim with Elemental buffs.

The least Ghostcrawler could have done was provide some KY Jelly before raping mages.

Finally us guardian druid are getting a much needed buff.
    This patch is going to be amazing.
    "I dont blame my failures on the game and say: "ooh the game needs to be nerfed down to my level" NO!! I need to raise myself to the level of the game, and if i cant beat the content thats my own fault."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Losing a 2 piece that increases damage THAT much for the new Tier is why they did.

If they hadn't of buffed DKs, they would've fallen insanely behind on damage. I don't think you realize how amazing that 2 piece was for us.

To make up for it, and nerfing it so that we wouldn't stay with Tier 14 and not move onto 15, they buffed abilities and what not so that the damage decrease wouldn't happen, and DK dps would still be viable.
    TIL It matters more where you are on the meters than having an entire aspect of the game that's fun to play.

Seriously, PvE'ers are the most selfish sort.

Unless you're world top 100 your shitty guild will take you even if you do less DPS than your warrior.

[infracted]
    Last edited by razski; 2014-06-17 at 08:06 AM.

Deleted
    Guys is the patch going out tomorrow or rather Wednesday? Please answer.

Thanks.