Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT GRAPHICS!

Did you watch the damn demo? The aliens actually had better animations! They were crawling all over the place! They moved through terrain and obstacles! Their corpses stuck around and still had collision that didn't look like a total fucking joke!

Then the game ships and not only do they just plain look worse but they hardly interact with the terrain at all, they jump around like idiots, their corpses vanish after a few seconds and when they do exhibit some form of collision it's the jerky spastic kind of shit we saw in games like Oblivion!
    I agree and that is something lots of people are not getting.

The demo was a 200% better game then the full release version and that is what the problem is and people feel screwed cause of this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

All people have to do is stop preordering games because of hype or it's based a beloved license. It's not going to kill you to wait until release to buy a damn game.
    Unless you've seen reviews or actually played the game, you have no reason to preorder a game. Preorder bonuses most of the time just make the game easier, so why would you?

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    All people have to do is stop preordering games because of hype or it's based a beloved license. It's not going to kill you to wait until release to buy a damn game.
    Unless you've seen reviews or actually played the game, you have no reason to preorder a game.
    In this case many people seen/played a "Demo" of the game and that is what sold them on the game itself.

Then it turns out the full released version of the game is no where near what the demo was in anyway this has nothing to do with people preordering a game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-05 at 04:21 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Unless you've seen reviews or actually played the game, you have no reason to preorder a game. Preorder bonuses most of the time just make the game easier, so why would you?
    Didn't pre-order it. Didn't buy it.

Shit game still exists based on one of my favorite franchises. Game company saw fit to lie to me about it for years. Now it's out they refuse to accept responsibility.

This shit is canon.

Still pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't want to read opinions you think are stupid then don't come to a forum and find something else to do with your free time.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 03:58 AM ----------

off topic: what is ur avatar pic from I know I have seen it somewhere before.
    Sj's avatar pic is from the new Dreamfall game which looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Sj's avatar pic is from the new Dreamfall game which looks amazing!
    Cool mite check it out I though I seen it somewhere not sure if its from that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT GRAPHICS!

Did you watch the damn demo? The aliens actually had better animations! They were crawling all over the place! They moved through terrain and obstacles! Their corpses stuck around and still had collision that didn't look like a total fucking joke!

Then the game ships and not only do they just plain look worse but they hardly interact with the terrain at all, they jump around like idiots, their corpses vanish after a few seconds and when they do exhibit some form of collision it's the jerky spastic kind of shit we saw in games like Oblivion!
    Yeah I agree and I never said it was right, honestly I don't know what went wrong and I think it has to do with being thrown around like a hot potato and they got stuck with it right at the end and patched it up as best they could in a small amount of time. Also take in to consideration that a demo can be made to look good since it's a short view of what the full game might be, and since they didn't release an actual demo for the PC/xbox etc. I didn't bother pre-ordering and am glad I didn't. There's more to blame then just Gearbox.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 12:05 AM ----------

Here's the link for the kickstarter page The image is about half way down the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Here's the link for the kickstarter page The image is about half way down the page.
    Looks interesting mite have to check it out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    People just don't care and can't make a research. Gearbox worked on multiplayer of this game. Singplayer company and all assets are created by other minor companies.
    Their name is stamped all over it, they were the ones delegating the development, their are responsible for regardless of whether they actually did the development or not as it was their call, just like Sega is going to be held to account for it and their decision to give that much responsibility to Gearbox, they can't just palm it off as someone else's problem. Saying they only worked on the multiplayer is just an excuse and one for which being the project lead and all, they are not excused. And yes, in light of this and even in spite of enjoying borderlands a great deal I would say Gearbox is definitely making a bid for worst developer right now. Personally I would not stash my chips with them for anything for the minute and really who would? I would at the very least label them as pretty incompetent project managers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    [...]
    With games that have came out on both the ps3/xbox 360 that looked awesome it was not a hardware problem Crysis 3 proves this.
    [...]
    To be fair CryTek is leagues ahead of Gearbox for sure in terms of knowledge and programming efficiency. It could honestly be that GBX' skill cap didn't allow for more. Most stuff they did was using an actual engine (mostly Unreal which comes with its own scripting language). For AC:M they used a modified URE3 kit and depending on how much they have altered their experience may have limited the efficiency of their jobs. If CryTek had made AC:M then I am sure it would have become an awesome looking game however with a story as dry as a bone.

ACM's full game looks the same on both PC and Console no difference at all.
    Ah, no, the game looks much worse on consoles. I really don't envy people who bought this on console.

What they did was make a demo look awesome to sell the game because they knew the game would be shit.
    Almost certainly they knew it wasn't going to be awesome and Mr.Pitchford using his past variete magician skills convinced everyone even the press it's going to be awesome.

Gearbox dropped the ball hard on this and me personally they dropped the ball hard on BL2 cause to me all it is is a reskin BL1 there is little difference in the 2. The only main different is the UI setup but that is a different topic for a different day.

Disagree. Albeit from the obvious fact that they are still using cel-shading thus actually making no reskin at all, there's a lot of differences.
    Beginning from spawn mechanics over story mechanics to overhauled gun and class mechanics it offers a lot of differences. One notably is a far more punishing/challenging gameplay in singleplayer. Not mentioning an actual protagonist and main story line which dwarves that of BL1 easily adding multiple endgame bosses. Also BL1 actually never gave incentives for NG+ gameplay, BL2 does with Badass point mechanics. I remember a few threads on GBX forums asking whether after BL2 people would go back to BL1 most people said no, I know polls are hardly representative but I can say for me at least that I couldn't go back without feeling a bit of downgrading. Granted I only played about 430 hrs. of it so far, so I may be biased but I can honestly say it's 8/10 game for me. The only GBX game series I'd actually buy without being skeptical of the company itself. Probably they should just expand on this franchise as it seems to be their natural spiritual home to be honest.

Last edited by Ravenblade; 2013-03-05 at 10:56 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I wasn't a hue fan of the Borderlands games, but I only ever really soloed.

-Snip- Posted that in the wrong topic mybad lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-05 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrickey022 View Post
    I wasn't a hue fan of the Borderlands games, but I only ever really soloed.
    i tried the steam free weekend some time ago of BL1 and couldnt stand the graphics, id love to try BL2 even though graphics wise nothings changed but it being mainly a coop game it would probarly feel a bit dissappointing or something if i ever get it

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel as it is that colonel game that they made is kind of a piece of shit that should never EVER be played i mean the graphics stink kinda... and they barley do updates and when they do it takes like 5 hours to update them i mean like really AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT.