5.2 Gearing question

I am a little unsure of how the gearing will work. Here is how I think it will work.

After the patch, all current malevolent gear, ilvl483, will be available for honor points.
    At the beginning of next season, the new malevolent gear, ilvl470, will be available for honor.

Example.
    5.2 - ilvl483 helm, 2200 honor
    Next season - ilvl470 helm, 2200 honor

Am I thinking about this right? They said that ilvl483 malevolent won't be downgraded at the beginning of the new season. Does this mean I should grind the 483s with honor while I can?

Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    I am a little unsure of how the gearing will work. Here is how I think it will work.

After the patch, all current malevolent gear, ilvl483, will be available for honor points.
    At the beginning of next season, the new malevolent gear, ilvl470, will be available for honor.

Example.
    5.2 - ilvl483 helm, 2200 honor
    Next season - ilvl470 helm, 2200 honor

Am I thinking about this right? They said that ilvl483 malevolent won't be downgraded at the beginning of the new season. Does this mean I should grind the 483s with honor while I can?
    For PVP gear you have to start ignoring itemlevel and focus more on the stats.

The blues have already said that the 470 malevolent will have better stats than current 483 malevolent, but not as good as 2/2 upgraded current malevolent. The only reason the itemlevel doesn't correspond is because they don't wnat you to use PVP gear to cheat ilvl queue requirements for 5.2 LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    For PVP gear you have to start ignoring itemlevel and focus more on the stats.

The blues have already said that the 470 malevolent will have better stats than current 483 malevolent, but not as good as 2/2 upgraded current malevolent. The only reason the itemlevel doesn't correspond is because they don't wnat you to use PVP gear to cheat ilvl queue requirements for 5.2 LFR.
    Aaaaah ok.

So ilvl 470 and ilvl 483 will be essentially the same, just that the 470 will have more PvP stats to bring it on par with 483 gear.

Does this mean that I dont have to wait for the new season to start my gear grind?

Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    Aaaaah ok.

So ilvl 470 and ilvl 483 will be essentially the same, just that the 470 will have more PvP stats to bring it on par with 483 gear.

Does this mean that I dont have to wait for the new season to start my gear grind?
    Yes, you can start grinding on your honor right now and spend them later this week for the new PVP gear when 5.2 arrives.