New to Lock PVP - Help Appreciated

Hey guys, I've had a lock since cata and really enjoyed aff + demo pve but never got into pvp.

I think I've finally given up on my ret ever being viable in competitive pvp so I decided to start leveling my lock in bgs (@87 currently). I'm having a good time and I think maybe I will mainly pvp on the lock in 5.2.

What are some good and/or necessary addons for lock PVP?

Also, I'm playing destruction mainly, is this the best pvp spec or will aff still pull ahead next patch even with the nerfs.

*On a final note: ranged dps almost seems unfair to me after playing melee for the last 8 years. 85% of the time people don't even know I'm targeting them until a chaos bolt for 155k hits them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    Hey guys, I've had a lock since cata and really enjoyed aff + demo pve but never got into pvp.

I think I've finally given up on my ret ever being viable in competitive pvp so I decided to start leveling my lock in bgs (@87 currently). I'm having a good time and I think maybe I will mainly pvp on the lock in 5.2.

Also, I'm playing destruction mainly, is this the best pvp spec or will aff still pull ahead next patch even with the nerfs.

*On a final note: ranged dps almost seems unfair to me after playing melee for the last 8 years. 85% of the time people don't even know I'm targeting them until a chaos bolt for 155k hits them...
    Enjoy your 155k Chaos Bolts while they last, the only reasons you're doing that much is because at 87 you still don't have a noticeable Mastery drop and you're fighting enemies with nothing above the base 40% Resilience. Chaos Bolt damage is good, but it's definitely not great for its cast time. If anything, you want to chain CBs with Dark Soul when it's available for maximum burst. I just feel like otherwise using your Embers to heal yourself seems a better option.

As for addons, there's no such thing as 'necessary' addons, just use the standard addons needed for a pleasant arena experience (i.e. Gladius, Decursive). If you're doing battlegrounds, Healers Have to Die and BGSpy are highly recommended.

Spec-wise, if I were you I would invest in getting used to Unbound Will, as Blood Fear is getting butchered next patch. Whether Grimoire of Sacrifice will be optimal next patch (post 10% nerf) remains unknown until it's tested properly. Run KJC if you're doing arena and Mannoroth's Fury if you're doing BGs. Soul Link can be worth choosing over Dark Bargain depending on your playstyle.

That's all I can tell you, I apologize in advance I can't help you a lot with addons.

Click signature for main character's armory.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post

ranged is a bit unfair in random BGs yes. and destro is awsome fun in random BGs. even at 90