The Good and Bad of 5.2

I wanted to list the stuff I like and the stuff I am disappointed in 5.2. Let's see what people are happy about and not so happy about!

This is just a start, I will likely update as time goes on:

Pros:

Rogue dps! Feels like I mowing mobs down in PvE, haven't tried pvp.
    New areas to explore, I love the feel and the graphics (Well done Blizzard!)
    Faction tagging rares
    More random rewards (coins, rep ensignias, etc.)
    New one person scenario for gold and rewards

Cons:

They didn't implement the engineering items...not happy bob, not happy...
    Upgrade vendor is gone (hate it when they remove content)
    Butt-ton-more-dailies for little reward
    Heirlooms are too expensive (at least 25-50% too much) Old staff plus 3500 JPs? Really? Why?
    Can't just portal to Isle...Why do I need to travel to a portal that could have been set up in the Veil?

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuous View Post
    Cons:

They didn't implement the engineering items...not happy bob, not happy...
    Upgrade vendor is gone (hate it when they remove content)
    Heirlooms are too expensive (at least 25-50% too much) Old staff plus 3500 JPs? Really? Why?
    Can't just portal to Isle...Why do I need to travel to a portal that could have been set up in the Veil?
    The engineering items needed tweaking
    The upgrade vendor was removed so people wouldn't mow through content with super ilvl gear, stated only intended for lore patches.
    Butt-ton-more dailies have a smaller reward so they don't feel mandatory but also have decent reward if you are lacking in ilvl (Elder Charms)
    Heirlooms are ment to be expensive you are making 80-85 easier for the rest of your toon forever and its a JP burn
    Can't portal too Isle from Veil - Would be exploited for porting in and out and swarm of lag for main cities making them unusable also trying to keep people out in the world not in cities
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I as a raider consider this an improvement after the hell I gone through in 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Can't portal too Isle from Veil - Would be exploited for porting in and out and swarm of lag for main cities making them unusable also trying to keep people out in the world not in cities
    Ok I'll give you the porting in and out and lag for the cities...

But trying to say that having people out in the world is a motivating factor is stretching it a bit. You still portal to the island. They just made you have to take a taxi for a couple minutes THEN port to the island. I mean, I suppose that counts. People (who don't alt-tab out or afk during the flight) will get to see some scenery. But I don't think that is the "out in the world" type of interaction that Blizzard is trying to push.

I totally agree with everything else you said though.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

The only thing I don't like is the trash. But I like the dinosaurs, I love dinosaurs.

Thank you for informing me on why my dislikes are irrational...Feel free to post your own lists...

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Heirlooms are ment to be expensive you are making 80-85 easier for the rest of your toon forever and its a JP burn
    Agreed that it's a JP burn, but that's it. As implemented, the new level-85 upgrade heirlooms are a useless waste of time and effort.

Spending at least a few hours per existing (1-80) heirloom item is a good investment: not only do you save a lot of time leveling a new alt, and guarantee outgearing most of the leveling content until Cataclysm, you also save time and money you may otherwise have spent upgrading those item slots as you level.

The marginal utility on a mere five additional levels of usefulness, however -- those being five levels characterized by decently itemized quest rewards and plentiful dungeon loot, as well -- is not even close to worth a 100% increase in cost to obtain these new BoAs. The time you spend farming those justice points, even if you are speed farming heroics on a heroic-BiS tank ([Edit] or running random battlegrounds with your decked-out gladiator and converting honor to JP -- apparently a lot quicker unless you hit a losing streak), is inevitably greater than the time you'd be leveling from 80 to 85 in Cataclysm content without the benefit of the "upgraded" heirlooms those points would purchase.

The new upgrade heirlooms are a slap in the face. They're not worth it. For anyone. They're only there to bait players into wasting time better spent leveling the actual alt/reroll who might have stood to benefit from their use -- had they been priced appropriately.

Blizzard needed a shiny new point sink after turning JP into garbage beyond the first couple of weeks of this expansion. So this is what they did. And they failed hard.
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2013-03-06 at 08:20 PM.