10+ Year Old Account

DMF Ox Deck, Upgrades and 5.2

A lot of people are saying that the Relic of Niuzao is the best thing since sliced bread. A lot of people are also saying that we will never have the opportunity to upgrade items, ever again. Both are, of course, opinions and speculation, but today could potentially be the last day to upgrade this item.

So let's get a quick discussion. Which makes more sense?
    -- Spend VP now on upgrading the Relic, because it's already very good and upgrading it makes it better, or
    -- Reserve VP for other items, and potentially replace Relic with a 5.2 trinket later on.

Thoughts? Opinions? What's your plan?

15+ Year Old Account
    Only reason I see to not upgrade it is if you're in a guild that can clear it the first week but not really into heroic progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question to answer to determine whether to upgrade or not is this: Is the 750/1500 valor spent upgrading this trinket better used on getting another piece quickly? Also, how soon will I replace this trinket with another?

Personally, although I'm a DPS, I'm saving all 3k valor for new gear. Getting bracers/ring/necklace week one, unless I get one from raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    The question to answer to determine whether to upgrade or not is this: Is the 750/1500 valor spent upgrading this trinket better used on getting another piece quickly? Also, how soon will I replace this trinket with another?

Personally, although I'm a DPS, I'm saving all 3k valor for new gear. Getting bracers/ring/necklace week one, unless I get one from raid.
    The thing is that, according to Ask Mr Robot, a fully upgraded Relic of Niuzao ranks higher than T15 tanking trinkets, even heroic ones.
    Probably because the only stamina trinket option (Soul Barrier) only provides a moderate shield (9-12k) for each next 6 hits every 2 mn.

Personally, I've fully upgraded my relic of Niuzao on my prot warrior even though I only do LFR with him and despite the fact that I won't be VP capped before the patch hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think Relic is a great trinket, much better than others in 5.2.