Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bo-Ris, Horror in the Night Screenshot?

Dose anyone know what Bo-Ris, Horror in the Night looks like? Trying to figure out if I need to hunt polearm transmog since it'll be BiS for Blood.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96621

WoWhead has all of your model desires.

Bo-Ris has a pretty meh model, in my opinion, but the fact that it'll allow my DK to use Black Ice makes it all gravy.

Also does the Staff <-> Polearm transmog changes mean that we could transmog it to staff even though we can't equip staves?

I believe you need to be able to equip both the items involved in a transmog, so no shouldn't be able to hit things with a staff looking polearm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janicia View Post
    I believe you need to be able to equip both the items involved in a transmog, so no shouldn't be able to hit things with a staff looking polearm.
    you definitely need to be able to equip both items. tried it.

Hate to break it to you but Bo-ris, Horror in the Night is a trash drop, thus there will be no heroic version of and it since it won't exist it can't be BIS.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DK itemization is pure garbage for 5.2, from what I've seen.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mionelol, your chart makes me a very sad cow.

Damnit blizzard!
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

We do have the axe off of Lei Shen, which at least has SOME mastery on it, but sadly i'll be keeping my 517 Shinka until heroic Uroe if the polearm never drops.. also pretty sure that the heroic version of the polearm will end up on the BMAH like some of the heroic trash pieces that did this tier, which makes me wanna puke....
    Last edited by Reniat; 2013-03-04 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    We do have the axe off of Lei Shen, which at least has SOME mastery on it, but sadly i'll be keeping my 517 Shinka until heroic Uroe if the polearm never drops.. also pretty sure that the heroic version of the polearm will end up on the BMAH like some of the heroic trash pieces that did this tier, which makes me wanna puke....
    The fact BiS items end up on the BMAH (heroic trash bracers from HoF, for example) makes me a seriously sad panda. If a heroic Greatsword of Frozen Hells ends up on the BMAH it'll be a travesty.

I am a raider 100%. I don't play the AH at all. I make enough gold to fund my raiding and maybe a bit on the side. Right now i'm sitting at about 25k. If my BiS goes on the BMAH, there is simply NO way i'm getting it. we should be 13/13H by the end, yet no matter how well we do this tier I will not get my BiS simply because I don't care about in game gold. That is completely ridiculous.
    Last edited by Reniat; 2013-03-04 at 05:57 PM.

I will not get my BiS simply because I don't care about in game gold.
    There's a statement about WoW I never wanted to see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    There's a statement about WoW I never wanted to see.
    Why? Quite a few people play the game for raiding only, not for the gold gaining-minigame. I've a comfortable amount myself, gaining more every day but having to get BiS items from a completely retarded gold-sink (especially so since the raid gold drop nerf) is just bullshit in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Why? Quite a few people play the game for raiding only, not for the gold gaining-minigame. I've a comfortable amount myself, gaining more every day but having to get BiS items from a completely retarded gold-sink (especially so since the raid gold drop nerf) is just bullshit in my opinion.
    I think he meant that he didn't want to see BiS via gold but i could be mistaken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Enjoy the retardation that Throne of Thunder itemisation is, where some spellcasters have access to 7 weapons when other specs have 2 (or 1, blood dks!)
    I count 4 for Blood DKs.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a raider 100%. I don't play the AH at all. I make enough gold to fund my raiding and maybe a bit on the side. Right now i'm sitting at about 25k. If my BiS goes on the BMAH, there is simply NO way i'm getting it. we should be 13/13H by the end, yet no matter how well we do this tier I will not get my BiS simply because I don't care about in game gold. That is completely ridiculous.
    To play devil's advocate it's "optional content" just like dailies and capping valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    To play devil's advocate it's "optional content" just like dailies and capping valor.
    Is the term "optional content" going to be the cop out counter argument for everything relating to WoW going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I would argue that if you play at the level I try to play at, things like that no longer become optional. I've planned every point of valor up until now, and i've capped every week. But here's the difference: valor capping is done via PvE content as well as dailies. Meaning after you've done enough dailies for your 3 elder charms you no longer have to do any dailies if you wish with absolutely no raiding consequence. In other words, I can do PvE things to be optimal in PvE. With the polearm, I have to do LOTS of non-PvE things to be optimal in pve. In fact, I had to have been doing lots of non-pve things to have built up the gold to be able to do this, which i have not done. If the heroic version dropped off heroic trash, then this would be a non issue. The problem is not that it's on the BMAH, it's that it is ONLY on the BMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Blood dks? How about 2handed users in general. Meanwhile hunters get 3 weapons! More weapons to themselves then the entire str dps 2hand specs. Oh lawd. Same thing with assassination having 2 exclusive dagger weapon options and 3 agi combat options.

But the concern isn't only about Oh only 2 weapons. It's also ONLY TWO CHANCES at a heroic thunderforged weapons. Casters get 8 seperate bosses to see if Heroic TF caster weapons drop. Which is a pretty high chance to see one weekly vs a single 2h.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-03-05 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would argue that if you play at the level I try to play at, things like that no longer become optional. I've planned every point of valor up until now, and i've capped every week. But here's the difference: valor capping is done via PvE content as well as dailies. Meaning after you've done enough dailies for your 3 elder charms you no longer have to do any dailies if you wish with absolutely no raiding consequence. In other words, I can do PvE things to be optimal in PvE. With the polearm, I have to do LOTS of non-PvE things to be optimal in pve. In fact, I had to have been doing lots of non-pve things to have built up the gold to be able to do this, which i have not done. If the heroic version dropped off heroic trash, then this would be a non issue. The problem is not that it's on the BMAH, it's that it is ONLY on the BMAH.
    Well, to counter, I do the same thing. I plan/sim/test/chat everything. The only reason I'm in a less progressed guild is to play with friends. But (again playing devil's advocate, personally I think EFFECTIVELY requiring raiders to do dailies etc is bad design) this is a MMO, which includes aspects and scopes beyond simply the raid playstyle. To what extent is it acceptable for one activity to either interact, or be required to perform another more efficiently? That should be the real discussion. Example, racials and professions. Both of which are "required" to min/max, but which don't directly relate to raiding. So does cooking/alchemy and the work required to keep raiders in stock of consumables. Should this be required? Or what about capping valor outside of raids, or dailies? Heck, even PVP has been a requirement to min/max at the start of expansions.

So I ask this, is it really a stretch to make gold making a requirement to perfectly min/max? If the answer is yes, than where is the line drawn? Should the game be made so that each aspect can be readily and with no harm detached from another? Making zin'rokh an arch drop, was that ok?

My point being, logically, it sort of makes sense to say "Hey now people with gold can get an advantage, just like people who chose to play a better race, or have better professions." That being said, due to the uneven nature of server pops, and the RNG of the BMAH, I'd say no, it's a poor design. Allowing raid level pieces to be purchased is fine, but making pieces exclusive to BMAH, or making pieces drop from the last few bosses available on the BMAH is a bad design.

In addition, gold making isn't technically "playing the AH." There are plenty of ways to make gold through PVE, whether that be farming, running old instances, leveling, or the like. I'm not saying that makes it acceptable, I'm simply saying that gold making, like other raid related drudgery, isn't outside the realm of PVE.

Oh, another point. What about BOEs, whether crafted, trash drops, or world drops? These require large quantities of gold, and yet I rarely hear raiders complain. Granted, that is likely since these are often not BiS pieces, but I'd counter argue and say that a major upgrade like Relic at the start of an expac or tier can be far more beneficial than an upgrade from normal to BiS in another slot.

Personally, I'd like to be able to valor cap through ONLY raiding, I'm fine with racials/professions and their state of PVE impact, as well as consumables (Although IDK how many potions I've used, easily 2k this tier.) And with BOEs.

And last but not least, I have a question. Outside of personal enjoyment (whether just getting it all, or for ranking, etc), why does full BiS matter? If it doesn't impact progression, I don't see as much harm. I dislike not getting it (That damn belt never won it in DS...) but really, with no impact it doesn't really matter.

TL;DR, ONLY on BMAH is bad design. Items on BMAH are bad/good depending on how hard they are to get. Ultimately, I don't see full BiS happening anyway w/ thunderforge RNG, so it's rather moot.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Is the term "optional content" going to be the cop out counter argument for everything relating to WoW going forward?
    I don't think you understand what "devil's advocate" means. Read the rest of post to see the rest of the arguments.