Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I believe I'm an exceptional destro lock FOR MY LEVEL OF GEAR. I'm 8 ilevels lower than most heroic raiders at least.
    The Armory is down so I can't see your ilvl, but just looking at your epeen bot and whatever your ilvl is, you are nowhere near being "an exceptional destro lock", sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    The Armory is down so I can't see your ilvl, but just looking at your epeen bot and whatever your ilvl is, you are nowhere near being "an exceptional destro lock", sorry.
    495 ilevel. Look at the more recent numbers. Sha: 72 percentile last kill, major drop before it. Corresponds to my 4 set. Lei Shi: 74 last kill. Slight drop before it. 75 on Wind Lord. 88 on Vizier. 70+ on Blade lord. I'm consistently showing better numbers than 75% of destro locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I've now lost a spot on a raid for the second time this expansion because my guild felt that "I was not doing DPS a warlock should be with them being in such a good place right now". I'm consistently beating half of the DPS, including the mages and hunters and such. However, their affliction lock is ahead of me on every fight, so they assume that I'm doing something wrong.

They keep telling me that I'm hindering myself and therefore hindering their heroic progression because affliction is so far ahead right now, forgetting the fact that I play a spec that isn't completely unviable. It has its niche of aoe/cleave and even still on single target, it's not horrendous.

Looking at the buffs for destruction next patch, I suppose this will help a bit, but since we've gone these past 2 patches with affliction so stupidly far ahead, will anyone actually take a destruction lock seriously?
    You are doing something terribly wrong if they beat you.
    They said you are doing bad DPS not that you are the wrong spec. And... problems at Elegon? How?
    Maghteridon's Fury, kill all the sparks, havoc another spark to kill 2, havoc elegon shadowburn spark, havoc elegon and hit protector, save embers for under 20% and LOL OMFG 4mil shadowburn crits...
    Really >.> you are under performing and they are right to push you out.

And if you want to talk epeen bot:
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/sylvanas/ichiago/ (I was under 490 ilvl most of that time. I only got over 492 ilvl ~2 weeks ago)
    This is the warlock complaining that destro is doing bad: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/sylvanas/daschven/
    Check my destro parses. Most of them, I didn't give a rat's ass. I only played Destro because we had another warlock that said destro is doing badly. I had lower iLVL than him at the time and I blew his face out of this planet. Should I say that I'm doing better than 80% of the destro warlocks out there?
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-03-05 at 10:08 AM.

I really don't understand the people that say they refuse to play DPS spec Y because spec Y doesn't "feel as good" as spec X. If you're a pure DPS class, you should be willing to play whatever does the most damage on a given fight. For me personally, topping the meter is all I care about. I couldn't care less about how "clunky" the rotation is or "spec X has better spell effects."

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    495 ilevel. Look at the more recent numbers. Sha: 72 percentile last kill, major drop before it. Corresponds to my 4 set. Lei Shi: 74 last kill. Slight drop before it. 75 on Wind Lord. 88 on Vizier. 70+ on Blade lord. I'm consistently showing better numbers than 75% of destro locks.
    Do you understand that epeen bot i used to compare to all other raiders right? Not just your spec. Sha log is skewed so that fight cannot really be measure with precision so on 4 fights you are better than 75% of raiding population. But if you look at some fight that destro lock should shine such as elegon with cleaving, you did 100k dps. You might did well in those 4 fights but the rest look horrid and the leader is probably seeing the same thing

Deleted
    Do you understand that epeen bot i used to compare to all other raiders right? Not just your spec.
    Wait... it doesn't compare just with the other Destro parses ?

Its only comparing the specc you made the parse in. Would make zero sense otherwise.

Epeen Bot charts all of a character's parses on a timeline and shows them in relation to a large number of other raiders (specifically, all those who publically log on World of Logs).

I read through the info many times..doesnt say anything about being your spec only

I think we see the problem here. You're performing so-so, but not fabulous (middle of the meters) despite playing the "best class". You're getting punked by the other guy playing the same class. You're causing problems by dying to basic mechanics (4 deaths by falling through the floor on elegon? That's LFR shit man). And to top it off, you insist that you can't play the best spec for your class and instead want to play the worst spec - which incidentally is also the easiest spec to play. You also have the type of personality that will throw this up on MMO-C and complain looking for sympathy.

Sounds to me like they just feel like you're not really cutting it and want to replace you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Sounds like you and your guild don't have the same attitude towards raiding, if you want to play the spec you want, go right ahead, but don't join a guild where everyone is expected to do whatever they can to improve their performance. Destro definitely has its place even now (it's excellent in a few situations, e.g. cleave or lei-shi fog stacking), but this doesn't mean that you need to play it every fight, dual specs are there for a reason and most ambitious guilds expect you to make use of it.
    This pretty much sums it up. There are plenty of guilds that are less progression minded where you don't have to min/max and can play whatever spec you want and you'll kill bosses at whatever rate you happen to. These guilds, in my experience, are usually more for the fun of just hanging out with each other. Then there are progression-minded guilds, where you're expected to min/max and play the best spec for each encounter. These are usually the ones trying to clear as many Heroic bosses as possible.

While on the one hand, I sympathize with you wanting to play Destro, on the other hand I can understand your guild wanting to get the maximum theoretical output from all its members. If you had a 2-3% wipe on a T14 Heroic boss, it's entirely possible playing Aff well would have been the difference. While I blame Blizzard for such a large (theoretical) difference between the specs, in a progression guild, it's usually the player's responsibility to take advantage of this.

Just find a guild that is more compatible with your outlook. You can't always have everything your way, and yes, sometimes that means you can't play your favorite spec AND kill all the Heroic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by petesakan View Post
    Do you understand that epeen bot i used to compare to all other raiders right? Not just your spec. Sha log is skewed so that fight cannot really be measure with precision so on 4 fights you are better than 75% of raiding population. But if you look at some fight that destro lock should shine such as elegon with cleaving, you did 100k dps. You might did well in those 4 fights but the rest look horrid and the leader is probably seeing the same thing
    Not true. It does just compare with your spec.

PROOF: Check the percentile thresholds on the same date for different specs. Example.
    Affliction 95th percentile on Feb 1 for Elegon 10N: 218,854
    Demonology 95th percentile on Feb 1 for Elegon 10N: 141,283
    Destruction 95th percentile on Feb 1 for Elegon 10N: 162,419

10+ Year Old Account
    This epeenbot doesn't work for EU Russia servers.
    PoS.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ight=Epeen+bot

Its assume that it would be notmal distribution. Let say the mean is 100k dps and standard deviation is 25k..the gap betweeen 95%-96% is extreamly huge with the distribution. I might not be right but if you look at fight that other classes performs way better than destro lock such as Garalon or Wind Lord. You can see that you can rank on wol but get lower percentile for epeen bot

Epeen Bot charts all of a character's parses on a timeline and shows them in relation to a large number of other raiders (specifically, all those who publically log on World of Logs).

I read through the info many times..doesnt say anything about being your spec only

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you're right about this... it doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Epeen Bot compares your current spec's parse to all other parses of that spec, not overall. Otherwise, classes who played underused/underpowered specs would constantly get ranked at low percentiles.

Here's a Destruction clip from Epeen bot for myself on Heroic Grand Empress when I tried it one night. I didn't do as well as I could have (we had to hold dps for about 40seconds to line up explosions with phase transition as well) but I still managed to do decent:

2/21/13 13m 29s 129,163 100

Does that mean I was 100th percentile overall? No, of course not. The highest dps for any spec on that fight for Heroic 10 is around 271k from a Korean guild's prot pally... so if your logic was correct, my percentile for the kill would be much, much lower if it compared all specs.

Anyway, my point is that Epeen bot compares the spec your playing and not overall.

OT- I think destro does need some more buffs. I will definitely try it out in 5.2, but since it's losing a lot of the cleaving potential because of gosac nerf, it may not be able to keep up with other specs. I'm hoping it scales really well but from the looks of T15H sims it's still behind the other specs by quite a bit
    Last edited by Sabsy; 2013-03-05 at 05:40 PM.

As a Dps pure class you need to be able to use all specs so you can all ways be the top DPS your class can be. if a Destro could not respec to up their DPS I would bench them too.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ight=Epeen+bot

Its assume that it would be notmal distribution. Let say the mean is 100k dps and standard deviation is 25k..the gap betweeen 95%-96% is extreamly huge with the distribution. I might not be right but if you look at fight that other classes performs way better than destro lock such as Garalon or Wind Lord. You can see that you can rank on wol but get lower percentile for epeen bot
    Read my post above. Look at the y-axis for different specs. They shouldn't change for different specs if you are correct.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I really don't understand the people that say they refuse to play DPS spec Y because spec Y doesn't "feel as good" as spec X. If you're a pure DPS class, you should be willing to play whatever does the most damage on a given fight. For me personally, topping the meter is all I care about. I couldn't care less about how "clunky" the rotation is or "spec X has better spell effects."
    Wow is a game, it is my hobby. I play WoW to have fun as should everyone else. If a spec is not enjoyable, why on Earth would you spend your recreational time playing something that doesn't make you happy. Unless a spec is really underperforming for PvE (say Frost Mages in Cata) you should be able to play whatever spec you like.

It is really a matter of finding a guild that shares your philosophy.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    As a Dps pure class you need to be able to use all specs so you can all ways be the top DPS your class can be. if a Destro could not respec to up their DPS I would bench them too.
    About the 4th time someone has said something to this affect. I OFFERED TO RESPEC. I wasn't given the opportunity because apparently doing good destro numbers means you can only be destro.

Deleted
    Perhaps they are very bad at getting rid of people.