Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    My point was that WoL ranks are obtained rather by cheesing/whoring, than playing properly. For example, it is a well known fact among world's top guilds that Method has the most capable DPS'ers in the world, by far, but you will never (not just during the world first race, while their WoL's are hidden) see any of them rank even amongst top 100, as they will always prioritize nuking what poses a greater threat to the raid, rather than doing the stuff mentioned above that gets you WoL ranks, because that's how bosses are supposed to be killed in this game.
    Not all fights have the capacity for rank-whoring, nor do all ranking players do so to achieve said ranks. A skilled wol reader can determine which players are padding and which ones are legitimately handling the mechanics (and there are many methods to determine this, the expression editor is a great tool for this).

Many times WoL can help a struggling player find out where they are going wrong by comparing up-time, tracking cd usage, and comparing talent choices. Should someone blindly follow talent choices of a top parsing player, no! However this is a great resource for comparing/contrasting oneself to some of the best players out there.

Method does in-fact hold many top 100 parses on many fights. All you have to do is go to any fight in Tier 14, check US & EU only and look at first 1-2 pages of all classes and you will see several top 1-200 ranked players in various specs/classes from Method (as well as Blood Legion, Duality, etc).

To not quote a wall of text now, I'll just say that I do indeed agree with errything you said, but was just trying to prove a point, as I don't think everyone here is a "skilled WoL reader", such as you and I may be.
    Cheerios
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years