How fast is Shado-Pan Assault rep?

I was looking through the rep gear from 5.2 and saw that even at Neutral, Friendly, and Honored with Shado-Pan Assault, you could get some pretty good stuff. That's a surprise seeing as any good gear currently is gated at Revered with all the factions. I know that Shado-Pan Assault rep can only be earned through raiding, so my question is, for those who have played PTR, how fast can you gain rep with them? Would you say it's possible to get to at least Friendly this week, or does it take much longer?

Blizzard said that it would take 1-2 boss kills to hit Friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Blizzard said that it would take 1-2 boss kills to hit Friendly.
    i read that you can farm trash till friendly

Thought they said "no trash farming"

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After friendly
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

i cant seem to find anything stating either rep/no rep from trash best wait till tomorrow i guess

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    After friendly
    thought so

Deleted
    i tought they made a "weekly cap" on rep from trash? so that you can get it in lfr but wont farm lfr for it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    i tought they made a "weekly cap" on rep from trash? so that you can get it in lfr but wont farm lfr for it.
    there's no cap, but bosses give rep only once per week.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    You don't get rep from trash after Friendly anyway. No point in preventing people from taking the 30 minutes tops it will take to farm that.

10+ Year Old Account
    After Friendly, you can only gain rep from Bosses, but If I recall correctly its actually a pretty big amount per kill. All Bosses will give rep even after you've killed thier ''other mode counterparts'' for example, pretty sure you can gain Rep after killing Council of Elders on Normal or Heroic, even if you've killed the LFR version of it. So all in all, it wont really wont take long at all if you're guild is capable of getting a few good solid kills or progression.

And yes, You can only gain Rep from LFR once a week, to prevent you from just spamming the hell out of the thing. But you still have the normal and heroic mode counter parts if you're actually progressing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    After Friendly, you can only gain rep from Bosses, but If I recall correctly its actually a pretty big amount per kill. All Bosses will give rep even after you've killed thier ''other mode counterparts'' for example, pretty sure you can gain Rep after killing Council of Elders on Normal or Heroic, even if you've killed the LFR version of it. So all in all, it wont really wont take long at all if you're guild is capable of getting a few good solid kills or progression.

And yes, You can only gain Rep from LFR once a week, to prevent you from just spamming the hell out of the thing. But you still have the normal and heroic mode counter parts if you're actually progressing.
    I thought they said you can only get rep once per boss per week, so high-end raiding guilds don't feel obligated to run LFR for rep?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    I thought they said you can only get rep once per boss per week, so high-end raiding guilds don't feel obligated to run LFR for rep?
    Oh thats the case? Well, thought I heard that a few weeks ago, well it makes sense tbh. If you're already in a pretty solid guild and are progressing at a pretty fast rate, the LFR bonus shouldn't be that great. Oh well. I still think the ammount of rep was pretty nice though, when I killed Jin on the PTR LFR it gave us like 800 rep for it, not sure if they've changed it since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    just for clarification source. rep gained from a boss is once a week only, no matter its difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

can any1 in the us tell me the following?

how much shadow pan assult rep do u get per trash mob?

how much black prince rep do you get per mob?

They have too many reps this expansion already... seriously..

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many already or not, nothing really that special about getting to exalted at least for me, friendly is the main goal. It's pretty much just another source of achievement points and valor sink. Can't really complain about that...it's just like Cata and the release of Firelands with minor differences. Besides, you're still going to farm lesser coins, the more reps the better, because some dailies really suck.

Are you able to hit friendly on trash alone or do you stagnate at 2999/3000 ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IsoLovesYou View Post
    There is rare item you can get from daily faction bags that gives you 100 rep for shado-pan assault. I thought too about trying LFR for the first time to run trash and leaving before boss but i think i can resist it.

Quote Originally Posted by IsoLovesYou View Post
    I did trash today. It caps at 2999, so you need to kill a boss to get to Friendly. Still worth doing the trash IMO because it only took about an hour and a half and now on my first LFR boss kill next week I'll be Friendly. Then I can go get my awesome new trinket.