5.2 and what to do

So I just hit 90 on my rogue recently. I've been running heroics and scenarios endlessly trying to gear up and working on the Golden Lotus rep.

My question is: when 5.2 drops, what should I do? Is there a specific rep I should be working on right away? Anything in particular that I shouldn't fall behind on? I'll be grabbing pvp pieces every week, but I am more focused on pve early on.

I've been really busy with work (70-80 hrs a week) and just recently got it lowered to about 60 hours a week, so I have some free time to work out and play. I haven't been able to keep up w/ all the changes, and would appreciate any help.

Do the new dailies (old dailies are a little less important), run the old LFR and the new LFR when you get the ilvl, cap VP every week, and get and use coins.

That's pretty much it.

EDIT: Oh, and progress through the Black Prince (legendary) quest line as quickly as you can.

Convert all your justice to honor and use that to purchase pvp gear. The 5.2 honor gear is much better than the gear available in heroics.

Also do whatever you can to hit 480 ilvl by the second week of 5.2 so that you can queue for LFR, letting you have a chance at free 502 epics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Convert all your justice to honor and use that to purchase pvp gear. The 5.2 honor gear is much better than the gear available in heroics.

Also do whatever you can to hit 480 ilvl by the second week of 5.2 so that you can queue for LFR, letting you have a chance at free 502 epics.
    There are 496 pve items you can buy for justice when 5.2 hits, so take this advice with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    There are 496 pve items you can buy for justice when 5.2 hits, so take this advice with a grain of salt.
    Oh really? Any links?

If you're talking about the current valor items, do know that they are still costing valor in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    there are no items available for JP other then the 458ilvl items that are allready available, there not dropping 5.0/5.1 items to JP..only dropping the valor price.

Capping valor is pretty easy even if you're alone - dailies and scenarios are awesome for that, aespecially for rogues that are DPS only and have long queue times.

I usually queue to LFR and while time passes do dailies or some scenarios. Maybe not the fastest way, but you got a week for 1k valor and it doesn't require much hours a day of playing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

You're kind of lucky in that chance at getting loot from lfr/bonus roll from t14 stuff has been upped dramatically with 5.2. Here's what I would do if I were you:

1. Depending on your supply of gold, buy epic BoEs. There are 496 Chest and Gloves that leatherworkers can make. Try and find a person on your server who has these patterns and look into buying. Darkmoon Faire is in town so look into getting a Relic of Xuen, an extremely strong agi trinket for being 476.

2. Along with Golden Lotus dailies, start doing the Kirin Tor Offensive dailies at the new island. They're incredibly easy and give access to I think three 476 items.

3. Farm older Elder Charms of Good Fortune on the new island. They can drop from mobs there and will give you an extra chance at loot on bosses from t14. They can really speed the rate at which you get gear.

All things considered, you should be able to easily get to 480+ before the new lfr starts to launch in a few weeks.

Thanks for the great advice so far. I've been honor capped since 85, and just recently hit jp cap (well ~100 off).

I cannot logg in until tonight, but I guess I will buy all the honor pieces that I can w/ my honor and jp->honor conversion.