Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Balance] T90 Talents - What will you be using tomorrow?

Personally, I think I'll be using HotW for everything but Tortos who gets a 20% damage amp every time you kick a shell at him. As the tier goes along and we get more and more gear hotw will become even stronger, and as I recently started doing 25m I don't think the healing from NV will be too big a deal outside of maybe a couple of fights (keeping it open as an option).

I know many moonkins are sticking with NV as tried and true, but honestly I would rather see the class move closer to a real option of being bursty or sustained. I'm a lazykin and would rather have my dps not focused around 3 minute cooldowns if I can avoid it.

I'm probably going to roll HotW tomorrow as well. I don't enjoy the fact NV will have to be used twice every 3 minutes, and the shortest delay on the second use would also delay the power of further NV/Inc stacking. As you said, for damage amps I will consider switching to NV: Jin'rokh water, Horridon after you ram him into the first gate, Tortos after being kicked, or Primordius while fully mutated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incarnation/HotW for me tomorrow, still not sure if SotF is the better option. Need Hamlet to update his multi-target mod for WrathCalcs first.

I've been reading and talking to some of the top druids and they've been running hotw permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely HotW. I love Nature's Vigil and being able to stack cooldowns for massive burst, but I don't like how it's getting a shorter cooldown. I'll probably switch to HotW.

HotW most likely. NV for select fights where healing is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Incarnation/HotW for me tomorrow, still not sure if SotF is the better option. Need Hamlet to update his multi-target mod for WrathCalcs first.
    i hope sotf becomes viable. I hate it so much when, like on empress, i pop my cooldowns and its "--snip--"... bye bye deeps. Just based off intuition, since the sim is still not working, I think it will be a decent option since we'll have enough crit to get starsurges during Lunar -> Solar more often than not.

Please refrain from using such slurs in a post.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-03-08 at 06:27 AM.

I'm also disappointed with NV's changes, so i'll probably mostly use HotW for a while. Some fights - as said above - with amplify damage phases, might still be better with NV, but i just dislike it, it will be a pain to line up Incarnation with every 2nd NV use+correct eclipse...

Anyone have information on how the treants (Force of Nature) are performing?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'm also disappointed with NV's changes, so i'll probably mostly use HotW for a while. Some fights - as said above - with amplify damage phases, might still be better with NV, but i just dislike it, it will be a pain to line up Incarnation with every 2nd NV use+correct eclipse...

Anyone have information on how the treants (Force of Nature) are performing?

theyre good but i think many players feel like i do in the fact that they were so bad for so long seeing them on the goddamn screen again just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. they'd have to be really overpowered to get me to use them again. i mean, thanks to bad scaling, it got to the point in ds where it was, a lot of times, a dps loss to use the stupid things. what a great 3 minute cooldown...

I did a ton of PTR, 10/25 normal and hard modes. For level 90, there's no question in my mind, HotW > everything else. For level 60, I had pretty good results with all of them. Incarnation is good and bursty, SotF (with t15 4 piece) meant almost 100% uptime on NG, and Forces of Nature actually worked really well, but only on single target. The fact that you have to ground target the trees is still stupid, and you need to make sure you drop them at range, or they'll do stupid shit like melee the boss, but they're a solid dps cd, and line up nicely with eng gloves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crews View Post
    I did a ton of PTR, 10/25 normal and hard modes. For level 90, there's no question in my mind, HotW > everything else. For level 60, I had pretty good results with all of them. Incarnation is good and bursty, SotF (with t15 4 piece) meant almost 100% uptime on NG, and Forces of Nature actually worked really well, but only on single target. The fact that you have to ground target the trees is still stupid, and you need to make sure you drop them at range, or they'll do stupid shit like melee the boss, but they're a solid dps cd, and line up nicely with eng gloves.
    Do they scale with the engi gloves, ie treants then gloves, or do they snapshot your stats, ie gloves then treants?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by crews View Post
    I was considering using treants on Jinrokh tomorrow. Seems like a good fight for it.

Deleted
    Hang on, I swear like 3 days ago everyone was saying that NV was still viable on most fights.... Can a smarty pants explain why HotW is better now? is it only because of the 6% passive INt increase? or am i expected to shiftpwnincatformgg and carry on?

thanks

Deleted
    Gonna roll with Incarnation/HotW, probably. I just can't see how 33% uptime on 10% bonus damage is going to compete with 100% uptime on 6% bonus intellect. The healing possibilities are also nice. Will most likely try out SotF too, but I'll wait for some theorycrafting before deciding what to stick with.

Deleted
    No one has ever claimed NV isnt viable, its just not to expect that it will allways be easy to line it up with incarnation everytime, which will delay the use of them both. HotW gives an solid increase with the possibility to throw out a HUGE tranq.

Im wondering how SotF will work out aswell - would increase the value of mastery aswell i suppose and a greater uptime on NG ect.

HotW > NV. Without NV Incarnation becomes weaker too and SotF seem more and more attractive choice to me. Maybe on some fight with suitable timings and phases i'll go with both CD's and crit>haste>mastery again. But overall i'm thinking about HotW+SotF with haste>mastery>crit especially for multitarget fights. SotF will provide more starfalls, more uptime of N'sG and less time out of eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by Okorsis View Post
    HotW > NV. Without NV Incarnation becomes weaker too and SotF seem more and more attractive choice to me. Maybe on some fight with suitable timings and phases i'll go with both CD's and crit>haste>mastery again. But overall i'm thinking about HotW+SotF with haste>mastery>crit especially for multitarget fights. SotF will provide more starfalls, more uptime of N'sG and less time out of eclipse.
    Interesting. Why haste over-cap and not immediately mastery, tho?

Deleted
    I think most of you are missing the real point here at the moment. Most talents, except for DoC, are viable and situationally usefull. So its not just about what talent is just BiS and lets go with that, its more about understanding the strenghts and weaknesses of all talents. And then based on that information you decide per boss what talents you are going to run with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeri2 View Post
    I think most of you are missing the real point here at the moment. Most talents, except for DoC, are viable and situationally usefull. So its not just about what talent is just BiS and lets go with that, its more about understanding the strenghts and weaknesses of all talents. And then based on that information you decide per boss what talents you are going to run with.
    One problem with that statement is if you would go SotF instead of incarnation - your stats values would probably change and benefit mastery alot more meaning different gear and all... which most people wont have complete crit/master sets to swap out for obvious reasons. ^^

Deleted
    Well this thread just made me extremely happy, was getting so bored of relying on burst for DPS, felt really punishing in 5-mans especially Challenge Modes.

So with HoTW / SotF, will we be going for the first Haste break point then stacking Mastery? How will this effect gemming, will we go for full Mastery gems (in place of Crit) or Brilliant in red / Artful in yellow to benefit from the HoTW Int bonus.