Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Engineering shafted yet again in 5.2

So i was on Wowhead and came across the following and to be honest it pissed me off.

I removed the engineering section as the engineering pet was just confirmed to not be coming in 5.2 and users haven't been able to craft Engineering items on the PTR--in contrast, we've got some users making new Blacksmithing epics. There's also not an engineering section in the most recent patch notes so I don't want to mislead users.
    I was hyped about Sky Claw and Pierre and now this.

Thanks blizz I almost believed you cared.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

That really does suck. I was hording the mats too, all ready to go. Oh well.

There you go, Scrapbot. Is my Signature small enough now? Will you finally shut up, you automated pretentious &##(@)!?

Better luck next time in 5.3 I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
    So i was on Wowhead and came across the following and to be honest it pissed me off.

I was hyped about Sky Claw and Pierre and now this.

Thanks blizz I almost believed you cared.
    I started to fear this truth only last week, when I noticed that there wasn't an engineering section in the patch notes, and the Sky Claw still had the craptastic flying machine engine model in the release candidate.

Realizing it early doesn't do anything for the pain though.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

engineering is one of the most complete profession out there i think a lot other prof are getting shafted but not engineering

15+ Year Old Account
    "yet again" would imply that Engineering hasn't been the best profession for over 2 entire expansion packs, which would be a false implication.

Sure, you can't make that much money off of it, but you get such a stupid amount of perks for being an Engineer that there is no other choice for most high-end raiders.

Still, it is disappointing, especially because I just caved and am dropping Enchanting for Engineering tonight.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-03-05 at 01:27 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Wait so the Skyclaw isn't being released with 5.2?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigitybones View Post
    engineering is one of the most complete profession out there i think a lot other prof are getting shafted but not engineering
    please do share how can i get a reliable income with engineering

Engineering is not only the #1 profession for fun shit, was the #1 profession for PvP AND PvE in Arena. AND Cata. AND MoP.
    I'm not sure what we're complaining about. I wish I made all my toons engineering, but I haven't got around to even changing my mains, but my warrior is ridiculously fun as an engineer, even with fail chances (ImissyouWotLK), rocket boots errywhere is amazing fun. Add on the glove enchant being able to be used as a CD and stacked with things is ridonkulous compared to regular +X stats that other professions give you.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    please do share how can i get a reliable income with engineering
    >reliable income
    >mentions any profession except JCing/Alch/Ench
    Get those 3 on like, alts, and you can make huge bank, and then just have Engineering as your 2nd prof on all your toons.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

what will dupers dupe now?....

ahhh yeh there's still haunted spirits for them, phew for a second there i was wondering how dupers would make a living.

The only useful things about engineering is that you get the rocket boost, which can back fire (and does).... it's helpful for some fights, but it's not a real game changer lol... and on many fights you don't want to risk it backfiring because it could lead to you dying. Beyond that you can use the goblin glider enchant, which is only useful for world pvp really.

On the opposite side, you make no money, and can get an epic helmet... as opposed to other professions which will either net you a ton of cash or provide many epic armors you can craft (and not just for yourself). Bombs haven't really been useful since vanilla and possibly TBC too.

Engineering is the best profession in the game for raiders. The frag belt, synapse springs, and the goblin glider are really good in a raid environment. Too bad you can't make any gold with it lol.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Engineering is the best profession in the game for raiders. The frag belt, synapse springs, and the goblin glider are really good in a raid environment. Too bad you can't make any gold with it lol.
    Best for non-raiders too. Super easy to pad your ilevel with the "free" epic helm w/ meta socket.

Kind of sucks if your only goal is to make money, but other than that it's an amazing profession. We'll live if we didn't get 2 pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Frag belt? Who uses this in raid?! Are you kidding me?
    Synapse springs are just +320 stat like every other professions.
    Goblin glider, where you could use this in raid exactly? And for what?
    Rocket boots are the only useful thing and still you don't use it unless you are going to die anyway becuase they backfire all the time when you need it, I know bad luck is bad but why on earth it CAN backfire on the first place? Why should I be afraid of using my profession perk?...
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2013-03-05 at 01:21 PM.

This is a load of crap! I'm sorry but I pretty much am now sitting on a stack of 30 Living Steels and several stacks of Ghost Iron Bars clogging up my bag for nothing! They better have a good explanation as to why because this is completely ridiculous! And I also hope that someone comes out of the woodshed and tells us if the engineering stuff will even be coming at all in the future so I should know to save the mats or auction them off!

Engineering still is, and has been for a while, the best profession(for pvp at least, I know it was good for raiding back in wrath but I honestly have no idea now). The positives greatly outweigh the negatives imo.

I can't believe anyone seriously thinks Engineering is the best profession... Seriously outside of mounts, scopes, Jeeves, and the Synapse Springs... I have no reason to play a damn engineer!

Wowhead just removed the section as they aren't sure what will be craftable, doesn't mean anything is necessarily gone (except Pierre which was confirmed to not be in 5.2). At least wait until we can check live servers. Though engineering does typically seem to be the lowest priority for updates most of the time, compared to the "staple" professions. Definitely getting worried they ran out of time to get the skyclaw design they wanted done so they just scrapped all the new eng stuff, but I'll wait and see first before abandoning all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Frag belt? Who uses this in raid?! Are you kidding me?
    Synapse springs are just +320 stat like every other professions.
    Goblin glider, where you could use this in raid exactly? And for what?
    Rocket boots are the only useful thing and still you don't use it unless you are going to die anyway becuase they backfire all the time when you need it, I know bad luck is bad but why on earth it CAN backfire on the first place? Why should I be afraid of using my profession perk?...
    I have no idea what you are talking about man.

Nitro boosts are useless and the synapse springs IS +320 just like everything else that's what makes it good. It's on demand burst compared to just a flat out stat gain. You can use it at opportune times making it much better.

Everyone who is interested in min maxing will use the frag belt for the extra dps and the goblin glider. Even on a 3 minute CD you can squeeze out more dps with it as small as it may be. Be it you use the off to GCD thrust to close a small gap as melee thus increasing your uptime and thus increasing your dps. Or as a class who is soaking sparks on H will and you need to close the gap. There are other examples, but I hope you get it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Grandore View Post
    I can't believe anyone seriously thinks Engineering is the best profession... Seriously outside of mounts, scopes, Jeeves, and the Synapse Springs... I have no reason to play a damn engineer!
    HaHa agreed!

Anyone who whines that engineering sucks because they can't make boatloads of gold chose the profession for the wrong reason, period. This profession WILL NEVER be about making gold, it's about being fun, useful, and one of the best pvp/raiding professions. If you want to make gold, there are plenty of other boring professions out there that are good for nothing other than gold making.