Thread: WWE thread

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

WWE thread

wwe is pissing me off. been watching wwe since i was like 2 (20yrs later), it is getting so predictable and bland.
    the shield is the best thing to happen to the wwe in years.
    rock returns after 10 years and beat cm punk for the title(400+ days held) and goes to face cena at wrestlemainia for "once in a lifetime 2".
    i think it is cena who is ruining the show with his saint gimmick "i do not give up, i will fight till the end" booooring and unoriginal.
    (cena needs to go rogue hes been good for too long)
    i try to watch tna but it is just uninteresting.

your thoughts on WWE

dont post " durrr wwe is fake durrr", well so is everything that is shown on tv
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

chat thread is that a way ^^^^

A: not everything on tv shown is fake.
    B: I think its bland, i also don't tend to care for people beating each other for no reason.
    c: bad acting
    d: somehow im forced to watch it everyonce in awhile :| and i agree with you

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way they can change Cena's gimmick. If he'd go heel he'd lose a lot of support from fans, let alone all the make-a-wish foundation requests and all those promos he does that are in tune with his alignment.

He's been this way for too long, WWE built an entire decade of the brand on the shoulders of that persona, they can't change it now without risking making the worse marketing decision of the company.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens as you grown up. The reason wrestling was so much more entertaining to you when you were younger is because you became submersed in what was going on. It was more believable.

I was a teenager during the "Monday night wars" and it was great to watch at the time. Part of that, at least at first, was because you believed the WWF was actually invading WCW. Part of it was because almost none of it was ever spoiled on the internet before it happened. You actually were surprised to find out that a guys contract had run out with one company because you'd go from seeing him on one show and then you'd be shocked to see he was with the other company a week later.

Now onto the problems with wrestling today, most of it has to do with the fans. The fans have a new mindset now (it's been this way for quite a few years and I honestly haven't watched much more than a show here or there over the last 10 years). The fans wont allow the WWE to create heels or faces. The fans will boo faces if they aren't the best actual wrestlers. They'll cheer heels if they are good wrestlers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    There's no way they can change Cena's gimmick. If he'd go heel he'd lose a lot of support from fans, let alone all the make-a-wish foundation requests and all those promos he does that are in tune with his alignment.

He's been this way for too long, WWE built an entire decade of the brand on the shoulders of that persona, they can't change it now without risking making the worse marketing decision of the company.
    Hogan turning heel was one of the biggest shockers of all time. It was probably the best thing to ever happen to the wrestling business as well (all the stuff he got away with backstage is another story). Changing Cena to a heel could work if the fans would allow it. I just don't see them allowing it. Fans wont have the same reaction that they had to the NWO when it first came around. Fans back then literally hated Hogan and the NWO because of the storyline. In today's environment those guys would get boo'd because none of them could wrestle. They'd probably get cheered for destroying sets and attacking all the faces though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the PG theme they've gone with, the promo's are so lame and the wrestlers don't take risks like they used to. I was impressed when the blading of Lesnar happened last week aswell as the piledriver to Cena later on in the night, impressive just impressive, I was actually enjoying Raw for once after what seemed like years of disliking it, even though everyone else on the show last week sucked, those two moments were pretty cool and you could actually get a feel for the vibe.

I think today's WWE needs to be more chaotic like it used to be. Catering to the masses of children with this PG crap is getting old, Linda McMahon your run for Senate is getting a bit old don't you think? Don't hurt the TV show because you don't want any controversy in your campaign. It amazes me she's going for a 3rd run in 2014.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-03-05 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post

He will go back to heel when his merchandise stops selling.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I don't like the PG theme they've gone with, the promo's are so lame and the wrestlers don't take risks like they used to. I was impressed when the blading of Lesnar happened last week aswell as the piledriver to Cena later on in the night, impressive just impressive, I was actually enjoying Raw for once after what seemed like years of disliking it, even though everyone else on the show last week sucked, those two moments were pretty cool and you could actually get a feel for the vibe.
    last weeks raw, cm punk vs cena was a fun match to watch. cm punks badass piledriver was awesome followed by cenas failed hurricarana into a AA(wtf Fu>AA). thats probably why i like the shield so much. the shields matches are fun to watch almost as fun as watching classic jeff hardy
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    Got interested in wrestling back in the Attitude Era, but my parents wouldn't let me watch back then. Started watching regularly in high school during the Ruthless Aggression Era, but started losing interest after a while, then stopped watching completely after the Benoit incident. Got somewhat interested again a few years ago when someone on this site made a thread about CM Punk's famous worked shoot. I still don't watch Raw/Smackdown or any of that, but I occasionally check wwe.com to see if there is anything interesting. I decided to watch the Royal Rumble a few weeks ago, my first PPV since WM24.

Exactly. There's no way they will let anyone defeat Undertaker at Wrestlemania unless it's Kane, and the final match for Undertaker.

And ya, like others said, Cena is the current face of the company, they won't change his persona.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-03-05 at 05:11 AM.

I stopped watching probably sometime in 2006 after I realized how bad it was getting. But I caught WM last year and slowly started following more and more. I still refuse to watch Smackdown(I haven't since the original brand split), but Ill catch Raw every week. It definitely seems better now than it was when I left. The entire Real American storyline just screams oldschool.

I will say I could do without the overabundance of boring main eventers. Supercena(I really don't need to elaborate do I). ADR was NEVER entertaining. Big Show has been the same boring character for 15 years and its never come close to interesting. And Sheamus is a disaster in every way from a character standpoint(with possibly the worst entrance theme I've ever heard). And speaking of music, what is with all of the dopey modern rock?

I still watch it sometimes when I get bored. Not regularly though, so I'm usually not caught up on all the various feuds/rivalries and such that they have going on. I liked it better back when WCW was around and they had the "Monday night war" thing going on between Monday Nitro and Monday Night Raw. Was watching WCW the night they did their last broadcast and made a big show about how they were being taken over.

Meh, I'll still watch Wrestlemania/Royal Rumble but most WWE stuff is stale these days - I know it's all scripted & stuff but hey atleast change the damn script once in a while!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paul Bearer dead at 58

10+ Year Old Account
    WWF/E hasn't been good since the Attitude Era.

EDIT: And a personal opinion of mine is that The Rock is only back now to boost the ratings.

Ultimately, Vince needs to retire and let in some new blood in the creative process. I thought Shane would have taken it over but he quit and started an outside venture. I would also cut back with the number of hours they spend on tv per week. Raw is up to 3 hours and Smackdown is 2. Add in 3 hours for a PPV and all the other shows they are up over 10 hours sometimes a week which is insane.

So sad on Paul Bearer. You could tell he was a nice guy away from the ring unlike some guys. I was really happy to meet him last year and get a picture and autograph at Axxess. RIP Paul.

10+ Year Old Account

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrestlemania tomorrow, any predictions? Mine are in bold.

John Cena vs The Rock - WWE Championship - John Cena

Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio - World Heavyweight Championship - Jack Swagger, with Dolph Ziggler cashing in afterwards

CM Punk vs Undertaker - Undertaker

HHH vs Brock Lesnar - No Holds Barred; if HHH loses, he retires - Brock Lesnar

Randy Orton, Sheamus & Big Show vs The Shield - The Shield

Ryback vs Mark Henry - Ryback

Wade Barrett vs The Miz - Intercontinental Championship - Wade Barrett

Team Hell No vs Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston - WWE Tag Team Championship - Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston

Chris Jericho vs Fandango - Chris Jericho

Brodus Clay, Tensai, Funkadactyls vs Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins - Rhodes Scholars & Bellas

Deleted
    I watched WWF/WWE since the early 90s till mid 2000's so mostly the attitude era and loved it the fights and the memories bring me back to watch it every so often. I noticed as of late they seem to have run out of good plot points or stories.

I recently bought WWE 12 and noticed I knew less than half of the roster, however most of the new comers all looked similar to me and I think that is one of the problems, they nearly all seem to be mid 20s medium build white men in shorts. What happened to the days of the APA, the Dudley Boyz, and the various other awesome tag teams.

I think a sign that the new stories are just bad is shown by the fact that WWE 13s story mode is based on the Attitude Era and I cannot remember the last WWE game that didn't have unlockables legends in.

Deleted
    Used to love it about 10 years ago. The "Attitude" era was by far the best, it's just not that same these days.