522 Weapon an obvious upgrade?

I'm currently SMF w/two 504ilvl weapons (Kilrak and Scimitar) and this week 522 Greatsword of Frozen Hells dropped from a Rune of Fate. Since I have a 502 Starshatter in my bags as well do I go to TG until I can get a 522 weapon(s)?

I'm no good at SimC. Just wondering if this should be an obvious yes/no. I feel like the difference in iLvl would make it a yes until a 522 1-hander drops.

US/durotan/Durgaluurg

Thanks!

Go arms with the 522 weapon. I've seen various SimC results the couple of days so I'm not sure how accurate they are but seems arms with the 522 weapon will be best until you have two 522 onehanders. I might be biased cause I like arms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by relishwasray View Post
    I'm currently SMF w/two 504ilvl weapons (Kilrak and Scimitar) and this week 522 Greatsword of Frozen Hells dropped from a Rune of Fate. Since I have a 502 Starshatter in my bags as well do I go to TG until I can get a 522 weapon(s)?

I'm no good at SimC. Just wondering if this should be an obvious yes/no. I feel like the difference in iLvl would make it a yes until a 522 1-hander drops.

US/durotan/Durgaluurg

Thanks!
    Yes, it should be an improvement over SMF with that weapon. If you don't want to sim yourself just go try both set ups on a raid dummy and check recount to see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Yes, it should be an improvement over SMF with that weapon. If you don't want to sim yourself just go try both set ups on a raid dummy and check recount to see the difference.
    Dummy wont really help since TG beats SMF pre execute phase.

Deleted
    Arms seems to be the way forward in the situation where you have one 2h weapon that's way better than your other.

Thanks for the replies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurimlinn View Post
    Dummy wont really help since TG beats SMF pre execute phase.
    You're right it would skews things on the dummy but 522 TG execute vs 504 SMF execute are much closer to each other than it would be in an even ilvl match up. In all likelihood it doesn't matter anyways, always take the weapon dps especially in a case like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it does not have crit on it, it's very difficult to imagine it not yielding greater DPS as TG.

Still miss you guys in LD, hope you guys are still having fun

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    Go arms with the 522 weapon. I've seen various SimC results the couple of days so I'm not sure how accurate they are but seems arms with the 522 weapon will be best until you have two 522 onehanders. I might be biased cause I like arms
    Agree with this guy. The buff to Arms with 5.2 is insane, basically gave my warrior 15k+ free dps single target. Did LFR and was destroying people with 476/483 weapons versus my 463 Warmace.Plus you aren't hoping that RNG gives you procs as with Fury.