Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ine-Blue-Posts

You mean MMO-Champ being my inside line? Scroll down to this:

LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.

That's from Ion Hazzikostas, Lead Encounter Designer.

Yeah cuz blues don't ever spin a tale to make a big screw up seem like something good, look at the CRZ hate and how they spin that one. It's their job!

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Yeah cuz blues don't ever spin a tale to make a big screw up seem like something good, look at the CRZ hate and how they spin that one. It's their job!
    Sure, it's their job, but it makes sense from a business and practical standpoint. You can throw logic and reason to the wind if you chose, though.

The problem is, a lot of players cannot separate their myopic viewpoints from the reality of the situation. I'm fine with hardcore raiders getting their slice of the pie. I'm fine with them getting an extra boss that's not available in LFR. I'm fine with them getting better gear, if that makes them happy. I'm not fine with people saying that I'm not allowed to enjoy the portion of the game I enjoy because I'm a lesser player and not worthy. Thankfully, Blizzard agrees.

The staggering of the LFR is a little annoying, but honestly, I'd probably have waited a few weeks before jumping in anyway, so I can deal with it. Besides that, I plan on taking advantage of OpenRaid to clear 5.0 raids in the meantime. People are making a mountain out of molehill in this situation. It's just sad that it always devolves into "LFR destroyed the game, we need to lynch and hang all casuals because they're bads and need to leave MY GAME!"
    Last edited by Chudah; 2013-03-05 at 02:04 PM.

it's so real raiders don't feel the need to do LFR to supplement their gear, even though they probably will anyways to fill in missing pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    Sure, it's their job, but it makes sense from a business and practical standpoint. You can throw logic and reason to the wind if you chose, though.

The problem is, a lot of players cannot separate their myopic viewpoints from the reality of the situation. I'm fine with hardcore raiders getting their slice of the pie. I'm fine with them getting an extra boss that's not available in LFR. I'm fine with them getting better gear, if that makes them happy. I'm not fine with people saying that I'm not allowed to enjoy the portion of the game I enjoy because I'm a lesser player and not worthy. Thankfully, Blizzard agrees.

The staggering of the LFR is a little annoying, but honestly, I'd probably have waited a few weeks before jumping in anyway, so I can deal with it. Besides that, I plan on taking advantage of OpenRaid to clear 5.0 raids in the meantime. People are making a mountain out of molehill in this situation. It's just sad that it always devolves into "LFR destroyed the game, we need to lynch and hang all casuals because they're bads and need to leave MY GAME!"

LFD and LFR both had a hand in hurting this game, LFD because it killed any form of community in the game and LFR because of that as well but also because it breeds poor players, those who think because they did LFR it counts as experience and teaches people to ignore mechanics, not to mention since LFR progression has dropped drastically because people choose the path of least resistance. Pretty soon this game is going to have no need for guilds and everything is going to be done by a queue, heck they are even thinking of making Arena cross realm! So yes, because of the people who can't manage to take 2 hours out of their night/day/afternoon the game is being hurt.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly amused the LFR people have the sense to call themselves "raiders'. Enjoy the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    What classification am I? I raid all three modes, I don't care what other people have or do and I help struggling groups in LFR if we are struggling.
    a decent human being?

LFD and LFR both had a hand in hurting this game, LFD because it killed any form of community in the game and LFR because of that as well but also because it breeds poor players, those who think because they did LFR it counts as experience and teaches people to ignore mechanics, not to mention since LFR progression has dropped drastically because people choose the path of least resistance. Pretty soon this game is going to have no need for guilds and everything is going to be done by a queue, heck they are even thinking of making Arena cross realm! So yes, because of the people who can't manage to take 2 hours out of their night/day/afternoon the game is being hurt.
    You know those people who can't take 2 hours out of their day... They're called grown ups. One day you will understand that being good at World of Warcraft is not that important and a pretty, shitty yardstick to measure your life by.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I understand that not all of LFR should be available from day one, and I'm fine with waiting, but I'd rather see it more like

5.3. normal raid
    12.3. LFR part 1 + 2
    19.3 LFR part 3+4

That's still two weeks to wait for the whole LFR to be playable. Even releasing one part every week would be better than having to wait 2 weeks for each part 3 and 4. Over a month seems extreme. If I subscribe this week, my one month of subscription will run out before I can do the whole raid. Is that intentional to keep casual players more tied to the game?
    Go watch youtube videos --- it's plenty more satisfying than doing LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You know those people who can't take 2 hours out of their day... They're called grown ups. One day you will understand that being good at World of Warcraft is not that important and a pretty, shitty yardstick to measure your life by.
    So my raid leader and his wife both of whom have a job and 3 children who are good at the game who SCHEDULE time to raid (we raid from 10p-1a Fri and Sat) are not grown ups? Oh what about the military couple in our raid? Or the college student? Or me who is 33 and has a job? Make more excuses and stereotypes to validate you being bad at the game.

Deleted
    BS, my raiding team are all grown ups, most with children, and we are raiding 4 times a week for 3 hours. As adult you create your time, the one with limited time are kids who are restricted by the rules of their parents.

with the exception of two people (one full time student and one student who also works) everyone i raid with is 30+ with family and job obligations. sure RL keeps a raid from happening sometimes, shit happens. implying that only children can make time for a hobby is pretty ignorant, maybe you should budget your time a little better.

So my raid leader and his wife both of whom have a job and 3 children who are good at the game who SCHEDULE time to raid (we raid from 10p-1a Fri and Sat) are not grown ups? Oh what about the military couple in our raid? Or the college student? Or me who is 33 and has a job? Make more excuses and stereotypes to validate you being bad at the game.
    It is not news that adults with jobs and children raid. But, hold on... you're 33 and think it is acceptable to throw around insults based on what content people play in game? Wow.

Maybe hes not bad at game, just bad at organising time and life

It is not news that adults with jobs and children raid. But, hold on... you're 33 and think it is acceptable to throw around insults based on what content people play in game? Wow.
    where was he throwing around insults?

10+ Year Old Account
    How old are you and think it's acceptable to sling insults calling people who schedule time to raid and be good at the game "no lifers" and "children"? I never made a disparaging remark about the content people play, just that said content.......

#1 is not raiding

and

#2 breeds bad players and kills a servers community.

Also your claim was that people who can't take the time out of their day have families and jobs and "are adults" back peddling much?
    Last edited by Seefer; 2013-03-05 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seefer made a good point of what happen to the game with the coming of LFD and LFR...I tend to agree that with that added to the game it ruined much of the community of the realms that was built up over time, back before LFD or LFR if you were a idiot or lousy player on any realm you pretty much got black listed from any of the better guilds and raids....it kept out under geared under preforming toons and idiots out of raids....

the MAJORITY of people that play wow has almost always 'seen' content much later than the top 1 % of the player base.

Thats just how it is. the top 1% have more time available to dedicate to clearing content in a timely manner, and most people start seeing the content weeks after, often times PATCHES later than the people that get to see it fast.

Could the 6 week til last wing be too much of a delay?
    Possibly, but in the meantime you can do other stuff that the patch brings to you. (I think its a bit long too, but staggered release of 5.0 turned out fine imo)

To the majority of casual players (NOT meaning in a derogatory sense) the amount of content that this patch brings (and also any unfinished business they may have with 5.0 -5.1) will keep them busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Seefer made a good point of what happen to the game with the coming of LFD and LFR...I tend to agree that with that added to the game it ruined much of the community of the realms that was built up over time, back before LFD or LFR if you were a idiot or lousy player on any realm you pretty much got black listed from any of the better guilds and raids....it kept out under geared under preforming toons and idiots out of raids....
    Not to mention trolling was kept to a minimum or not as harsh as it is today because again, you needed a guild and friends.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    the MAJORITY of people that play wow has almost always 'seen' content much later than the top 1 % of the player base.

Thats just how it is. the top 1% have more time available to dedicate to clearing content in a timely manner, and most people start seeing the content weeks after, often times PATCHES later than the people that get to see it fast.

Could the 6 week til last wing be too much of a delay?
    Possibly, but in the meantime you can do other stuff that the patch brings to you. (I think its a bit long too, but staggered release of 5.0 turned out fine imo)

To the majority of casual players (NOT meaning in a derogatory sense) the amount of content that this patch brings (and also any unfinished business they may have with 5.0 -5.1) will keep them busy.

Also that top 1% gets paid to be great at the game by gaming accessory companies such as Naga and Steel Series.
    Last edited by Seefer; 2013-03-05 at 02:37 PM.

Also that top 1% gets paid to be great at the game by gaming accessory companies such as Naga and Steel Series.
    That would be top .01% :P

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    The community is there. It's much bigger now in fact. I interact with people on many realms everyday. Easy way to do it for me going to elwyn forest, do some duels, chat with people and see if anyone is doing world pvp raids or older content raids. Got several on friends list with battletags.

I also got my nice guild where I am very happy and I consider many of them good friends.

LFD and LFR made it possible for everyone to see the content. No matter your life situation these days, you are able to see the content in one way or another. It's up to you to find out what you want. You can be a loner in the game and do the odd bg, LFD and lfr. You can join a normal mode raiding guild and raid 2-4 times a week with OK progression without huge pressure. You can also join a top end HC raiding guild that expects the very best out of everyone.

The game has so many options for all kinds of players now. Everything is right there and you actually get something out of your playtime. I think there are so many people that are narrow minded and dont see whats there and do not want to take a choice themself. They want the game to take the choice for them.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.