Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm ok with it. I've done LFR every week this xpac and only won 3 items, so a month with the increased droprates in the old LFR raids is probably going to be needed for me anyway. I might actually get a tier piece before I see the new instance :O

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I'm not at all against waiting even longer, but if it's for 'full of shit' reasons, then yeah - I do.
    I really hate Bashiok's arguments. What he means is that on normal the bosses still require effort and coordination. Killing them on LFR, which is tuned for ultra bad players and requires 0 effort, ruins the thrill of the first kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The purpose of LFR is to act as a teaser and a stepping stone to get people interested in real raiding. It gives the wrong impression if people can just blow through all the bosses in a couple weeks when normal mode isn't like that.

Personally, 6 weeks seems a bit much because I do HM and it doesn't take me that long to clear normal. But I see a lot of people who struggle in normal on my server, so maybe 6 weeks is just right.
    No it is not, the purpose of LFR is to give the people who for whatever reason cannot raid with an organised group something to do. Organised raiders seem to have taken it upon themselves to think that LFR players aspire to be just like them but are not good enough when the reality is most want to fit the game around their lives and not the other way around.

I have to say I am not impressed with this decision to delay the release of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I really hate Bashiok's arguments. What he means is that on normal the bosses still require effort and coordination. Killing them on LFR, which is tuned for ultra bad players and requires 0 effort, ruins the thrill of the first kill.
    I think his argument is BS. If they want to put normal and heroic mode raiding on an pedestal they should make it so that the final boss of any raid is only killable in normal/heroic mode or something. They should design LFR to actually funnel players into normal and heroic raiding guilds instead of what it is now, which is endgame for a lot of players that are casual or can't find a solid team for whatever reason.

There is no contradiction. I want to wipe 20-40 times on bosses before I kill them normal. I find that fun. I don't want to spoil that with being group with some randoms that just stand there and still manage to roll down to the treasure chest.
    nothing is stopping you from doing exactly that. How can you spoil it when you yourself said theirs no comparison between lfr and normal? It's a massive contradiction. If you don't think their comparable then you shouldn't feel your sense of achievement spoiled by doing one first or the other. Even still having said all that you don't need a 6 week gap to do that. 6 weeks is excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But I said, all of it shouldn't be released at day one. I'm fine with waiting 2-3 weeks, it's just that 6 weeks seeems a bit too much for me.
    It's not about gear or anything like that. They just don't want you to see all content in a matter of 2-3 weeks and then have nothing to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No it is not, the purpose of LFR is to give the people who for whatever reason cannot raid with an organised group something to do. Organised raiders seem to have taken it upon themselves to think that LFR players aspire to be just like them but are not good enough when the reality is most want to fit the game around their lives and not the other way around.

I have to say I am not impressed with this decision to delay the release of LFR.
    It really kills half of the fun of patch release. Like now I'm thinkin resubbing was a mistake and I shoulda held off till next month. I didn't plan on subbing for two months but now I guess I'm gonna?

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It's not about gear or anything like that. They just don't want you to see all content in a matter of 2-3 weeks and then have nothing to look forward to.
    As opposed to running the non boss available to me tmmrw? and having nothing to do afterwards? I fail to see the difference really. Aside form the fact that they've stretched this content out like mr.fantastic. Being bored NOW is worse than being bored later. Well except for Blizzard I guess.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Even better. Release heroic the first week, Normal 2 weeks later and LFR 2 weeks after that. I mean the heroic raiders dont want their heroic kills trivialized by normal mode content and gear.
    Yuup. I mean it's ass backwards but the argument they're making is equally as stupid. If were gonna cater to minorities let's start right from the top.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-05 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I feel it'd be better if they opened with the first wing tomorrow. Then released one wing a week, and just delayed the last wing by 2 weeks. Mainly, I'm just annoyed I won't have much to do outside of dailies until next week, and I've long been tired of re-running the same things by now. Oh well. Being treated like a second class citizen. Nothing new there.
    So, you realize, that the "first class citizens" have been re-running the same content over and over and over too, except more than you, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a stab to the casual playerbase, but to keep each mode on the same track. Ask yourself, "Why see all content in one night, and complain later on that there's not enough to do?" With that being said, as an example, try waiting to see a boss three or four months down the road. A month is nothing in comparison to that.

Quote Originally Posted by rinea View Post
    This isn't a stab to the casual playerbase, but to keep each mode on the same track. Ask yourself, "Why see all content in one night, and complain later on that there's not enough to do?" With that being said, as an example, try waiting to see a boss three or four months down the road. A month is nothing in comparison to that.
    Right. It's better to be bored now than later. Gotcha. I don't agree but that's the asanine logic we have to work with these days. I'd rather be bored later to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    nothing is stopping you from doing exactly that. How can you spoil it when you yourself said theirs no comparison between lfr and normal? It's a massive contradiction. If you don't think their comparable then you shouldn't feel your sense of achievement spoiled by doing one first or the other. Even still having said all that you don't need a 6 week gap to do that. 6 weeks is excessive.
    I still have a 489 trinket and a couple of 496 items. ToT LFR will still have upgrades for me even in 2 weeks + it gives too much valor. This means i will likely run it as well. It's better to gate it and remove it from the picture until I dont need LFR any more.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    I think his argument is BS. If they want to put normal and heroic mode raiding on an pedestal they should make it so that the final boss of any raid is only killable in normal/heroic mode or something. They should design LFR to actually funnel players into normal and heroic raiding guilds instead of what it is now, which is endgame for a lot of players that are casual or can't find a solid team for whatever reason.
    Organized raiding is slowly dying out but LFR isn't intended to do anything about that. Nothing can do anything about that.

LFR is there so that Blizzard isn't developing large amounts of content that 98% of players won't see until it's obsolete.

I still have a 489 trinket and a couple of 496 items. ToT LFR will still have upgrades for me even in 2 weeks + it gives too much valor. This means i will likely run it as well. It's better to gate it and remove it from the picture until I dont need LFR any more.
    well I agree I don't want you be overwhelmed by incentive offered you from lfr by the same token a balance must be weighed here. I don't think 6 weeks is balanced properly for everyones interests.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    So, you realize, that the "first class citizens" have been re-running the same content over and over and over too, except more than you, right?
    Yeah and they dont have to wait to start raid content. They may not have run it more it kind of depends on how long it took them to clear the raid and how often it was farmed after. And if they ran LFR which they probably stopped after a while. The only reason you can say a normal or heroic only raider has run content more often than an LFR only player is that LFR was gated later than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    well I agree I don't want you be overwhelmed by incentive offered you from lfr by the same token a balance must be weighed here. I don't think 6 weeks is balanced properly for everyones interests.
    It really depends on the difficult level of ToT. If they really tuned and made it as hard as they promised and it takes guilds 4-5 weeks to clear it on normal then 6 weeks could be reasonable. The fact they said that they have no Dps checks on normal (like elegon) that were some of the biggest road blocks in t14 makes me sceptical. I think it will take 2-3 weeks max for decent guilds to clear it. We will know soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rinea View Post
    If a player can see all the content in one night then there is only one night's worth of content trying to spread over a number of weeks by delaying its release is not going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Yeah and they dont have to wait to start raid content. They may not have run it more it kind of depends on how long it took them to clear the raid and how often it was farmed after. And if they ran LFR which they probably stopped after a while. The only reason you can say a normal or heroic only raider has run content more often than an LFR only player is that LFR was gated later than the others.
    No, I don't think very many people running LFR have wiped 5 times on a boss on one night, or 10 times, or 20 times.

That's part of what I mean by "more often."

I basically only run LFR nowadays, and I think this schedule is fine. I have 8 toons between 85 and 90 and I can always run a different one through T14 when I get bored with what I'm doing now.

This thread amuses me to great extent.

Why not run T14 heroics instead? The gear is better or at least equal to LFR. And if you need valor just run dungeons, its faster.

Or you could do ToT the hard way without LFR gear, wipe a few more times like you said you enjoy and then feel even better once youve defeated the boss. I still dont understand why people who say they want a challenge try every means possible to trivialize the challenge and make it easier. T15 normal is designed to be done in T14 normal gear. T15 heroic is designed to be done in T14 heroic gear with some normal pieces. If you can do T15 heroic, you can also do T14 heroic which has better gear than LFR.

Deleted
    It's like 25 v 10 man all over again. People who do LFR expect to get everything raiders get because they pay the same and raiders expect to get everything first because they commit to end game content.