Is it worth it? Raiding? Gear? Time?

Hello All,

I am making this post, because I have recently wanted to come back for MoP. First, let me tell you a little about my WoW history. I am a Veteran player since Vanilla and quit after BC, but came back with friends to WotLK, and we made a guild that was 2nd on server. I quit again, and came back at the very end of WotLK quitting right before MoP came out. I've done the 10 day trial of MoP hoping that would get the urges out, but that was awhile ago and the urge is back. I really like the raiding, working together, and slaying bosses. Money won't be a issue, and neither will leveling, because If I come back I'm using a addon/guide to help me so I can get to endgame faster.

So these are my questions about MoP

- As a fresh 90 how long does it take to (Gear) and actually start raiding?
    - How long do the raids usually take now?
    - Is the endgame better than it was?
    - How long would it take to get into a weekly raiding guild that is consistent?
    - Do Shaman healers suck?

Just buy it and try it yourself and make the decision if it was good or not to do it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Mueshahaha View Post
    Hello All,
    So these are my questions about MoP

1 As a fresh 90 how long does it take to (Gear) and actually start raiding?
    2 How long do the raids usually take now?
    3 Is the endgame better than it was?
    4 How long would it take to get into a weekly raiding guild that is consistent?
    5 Do Shaman healers suck?
    1: Depends on the time invested. Our hunter recently came back to raiding and with the help of some lucky drops + craftables he was raid-ready (ish) within a week, jumping into heroics. Two weeks and some more lucky drops later and his ilvl was on par with most of our raiders. If it's just normals you're aiming for initially, you should be good to go within a matter of 1-2 weeks at the most.

2: That really depends on your guild.... Find one with a number of raiddays/hours that fits your schedule.

3: Define 'better'.... I very much enjoy it and i've been playing since ZG in vanilla. I'm impressed that they still manage to come up with new mechanics (not on every boss, but enough not to get bored sick)

4: 5 min or 5 weeks, depending on how badly they want to gear you up

5: Nope, they are pretty good.

Most of your questions seem to surround the question 'how much time does X take...' The problem with those questions is that we don't know what type of guild you are aiming for (normal modes? a guild that can ill a few heroics? server 1st? world top 10?) nor that we know how much you can afford to spend on craftables and/or how lucky you will be with raid drops. All of that factors in.

3: Define 'better'.... I very much enjoy it and i've been playing since ZG in vanilla. I'm impressed that they still manage to come up with new mechanics (not on every boss, but enough not to get bored sick)

4: 5 min or 5 weeks, depending on how badly they want to gear you up

5: Nope, they are pretty good.
    3: Do they have new mechanics ? Aiming for a guild that is just getting into heroic runs at the time. 10 or 25 I think as a shaman healer I would be more able to fit in

4: Say by myself running heroics and looking at maxdps/ gear guides

5: Awesome!

Like I said Im a Vet, but I dont want to spend 4hrs a night on grinding/getting prepared to raid/or raiding by its self... have they cut the raid times down?

-As a fresh 90 how long does it take to (Gear) and actually start raiding? If you invest a bit of gold(10-15k depending on server), and you are lucky with lfr, it could take 1 day even to reach 470ilvl-ish. In reality, your class knowledge, personal effort and how good the rest of your team is, will be the most important factor in your normal progression.
    - How long do the raids usually take now? Normal MsV with no wipes should take ~2-3 hours.
    - Is the endgame better than it was? Sorry I can't answer this one 'cause I started playing in Cata. 5.2 looks very promising though, do some research about it and you decide.
    - How long would it take to get into a weekly raiding guild that is consistent? That's a hard question to answer. It depends on 2 things:
    1) How populated your server is and the quality of that population, and
    2) How reliable to seem to be in the first raids you attend, that being pugs or guild runs or whatever.
    - Do Shaman healers suck? I don't really know what you mean by 'suck', but all healers are equally useful throughout different encounters, that's what I have learned. Good luck deciding

So my experience here: I hit 90 on late October and started raiding after that.

-463 (full heroic blues) took me a couple of days, and 475 took about a week. I got into a raiding guild at 475.
    -Varies wildly. My raiding guild clears 11-12 bosses in HOF and MSV in one night, and then clears TOES the night after.
    -Endgame is pretty good right now. Easily up there with my favorites.
    -Depends on how much experience you have raiding. It's easier to sell yourself to a raiding guild if you have a lot of really good raiding experience.
    -Shaman are the opposite of bad. Dat Mana Tide.

My casual guild who does only normals in this expansion, runs 6 bosses in MSV normal in 1 hour 15 mins tops, and our team kinda sucks comparing to real raiding guilds.
    So I d say - a good (non heroic) raid team can do normal difficulty raid in all 3 instances in 4 hours.

Gearing up depends on your resources, if you dont have gold it will be totally luck depending (drops in random dungs) to get to 460 I lvl, allowing to do MSV LFR.

When you get there (LFR I mean) it should be easier because in new patch 5.0 LFR loot droprate is significantly increased.

So unless you find a guild that is willing to drag you fast through normal modes in your fresh I lvl 448 gear :P, it will take at least a week before you can get into HoF and terrace LFRs.

- As a fresh 90 how long does it take to (Gear) and actually start raiding?
    - How long do the raids usually take now?
    - Is the endgame better than it was?
    - How long would it take to get into a weekly raiding guild that is consistent?
    - Do Shaman healers suck?
    - Just doing this on my new Warlock, hoping to get into ToT with my guild 3 days after taking 90.
    - Uhm, depends on how long the raidnight is? We clear T14 HC in 4 hours, but it'll last longer if you're new to the content.
    - Yes.
    - Depends on previous progression.
    - No.

Deleted
    1. As a fresh 90 how long does it take to (Gear) and actually start raiding?
    2. How long do the raids usually take now?
    3. Is the endgame better than it was?
    4. How long would it take to get into a weekly raiding guild that is consistent?
    5. Do Shaman healers suck?
    1. When MoP came out dedicated raiders leveled from 85 to 90, geared up, and were ready for Mogu'shan Vaults normal clear within a week before raiding content became available. For 5.2 content it will take longer just because gear requirements are higher. You will likely want a mix of previous raid tier gier, new LFR gear, and reputation rewards.
    2. In tier 14 a farm raid of an instance with 6 bosses would usually take a bit over an hour for us. Progression raids are different depending on guild. Top guilds often raid 12+ hours a day until everything is dead, less hardcore guilds usually have several 3-4 hour raids a week.
    3. In my opinion the first tier of MoP was one of the best in history of WoW, and what I saw from PTR of 5.2 looked very promising as well.
    4. This depends on how fast is the guild progressing really. Right now 5.2 is about to get released with new raid tier so most top guilds won't take a raider without heroic raid gear into progression raids. It will be significantly easier when said guild does not have to worry about progress and have time to test and gear up a new trial member.
    5. In 25 man I hear Resto shamans are really good, in 10 man they are not. I am not certain how or if this changes with 5.2 coming out.