Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We also now know what's going on with FDCL. Basically, SoD has a 1sec ICD now, so you can't ever get a double-proc (from initial VT tick and a Mastery), but is still supposedly a 15% proc chance...though this isn't entirely accurate, as it is a 15% chance on Hit or Mastery, not both. This means in multidot situations we see a lot fewer procs, which effectively kills it as a talent choice (MBender was on par with it before in 1-target, and it is lousy with each extra target added).

Oh well. At least we know now. I'll try to math it out to give an idea of the 'real'/effective proc rate based on Mastery later this week.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Would have been nice for them to actually say that's what they were doing with FDCL/Surge of Darkness, instead of just stealth nerfing like that and leaving how many of us with no idea wtf is going on.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Blizzard never releases their true intentions until the community figures them out. Then go "ITS JUSTIFIED ITS JUSTIFIED ITS JUSTIFIED!!"

Regarding FDCL -- since it has yet to be confirmed -- I'm holding out hope that it was either something they've simply overlooked, or something they're "dry testing" to see how it affects players in PvP. While not too entirely un-Blizzard, I'm very uncomfortable with one of our most powerful talents being nerfed to one of our weakest. And although SW: I is a very appetizing offset for the nerf to FDCL, it still held value on council type encounters and the small amounts of controllable burst were nice.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Regarding FDCL -- since it has yet to be confirmed -- I'm holding out hope that it was either something they've simply overlooked, or something they're "dry testing" to see how it affects players in PvP. While not too entirely un-Blizzard, I'm very uncomfortable with one of our most powerful talents being nerfed to one of our weakest. And although SW: I is a very appetizing offset for the nerf to FDCL, it still held value on council type encounters and the small amounts of controllable burst were nice.
    Ghostcrawler himself confirmed that it has a 1sec ICD now.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...51624597700608

sorry forgot to put the whole link, there you go
    Had some fun with this the other day, Had just gotten the Unerring Vision of Lei Shen and was doing some proc tests and UI adjustments so I can actually tell when it goes. Was doing multi-dotting on all 4 horde side dummies for a good few minutes. (50 mil dmg total or something when I walked away). Anyways, when I left combat I went up to the bank and went afk. Came back a good 7 or 8 minutes later and low and behold, I'm still spawning apparitions and they walk down the stairs out to the dummies. Was quite comical.

Just as a followup, it APPEARS that the ICD on FDCL has been removed.

Why is it that as Holy I have Divine Aegis showing up in my healing done? I've seen this in other logs as well: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9686&e=10249
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Why is it that as Holy I have Divine Aegis showing up in my healing done? I've seen this in other logs as well: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9686&e=10249

Hacker! I knew it! :P

That's a strange bug, first time I've seen it.

Are you raiding with someone who is Disc? There have been weird occurrences where someone else's abilities will be attributed to the wrong person (it hasn't happened recently that I know of just has happened before).

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Are you raiding with someone who is Disc? There have been weird occurrences where someone else's abilities will be attributed to the wrong person (it hasn't happened recently that I know of just has happened before).
    Yes, 2 Disc priests. It just seems weird that it would attribute it to me.

Ya just a bug, looks like he somehow got two prayer of mending from you both at the same time.

[00:20:43.633] Gàrman gains Prayer of Mending from Starulean
    [00:20:43.949] Cleoboltra Prayer of Mending Gàrman +*102404*
    [00:20:44.459] Starulean's Prayer of Mending fades from Gàrman
    [00:20:44.754] Gàrman gains Divine Aegis from Starulean (Remaining: 102404)
    [00:20:44.839] Starulean's Divine Aegis fades from Gàrman (Remaining: 0)
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-03-25 at 10:34 PM.

So, if Prayer of Mending hits the same target it turns into DA... cool lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed Aegis buff on my grid (got show if mine), it happens once or twice per raid only, so definitly rare. I raid with a disc aswell and this has been going on for atleast several weeks maybe months. 5.1 is my guess. I also noticed its possible to double shield the same targets if you do it at the exact same time, but that is an older and known bug I guess.

Wish they could make poms from different healers stack rly.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Just as a followup, it APPEARS that the ICD on FDCL has been removed.
    Proc rate seems to be the same as it was in 5.1. Good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Proc rate seems to be the same as it was in 5.1. Good shit.
    That is good news I look forward to using it on Horridon.
    Hi Sephurik

So that idea about taking +Heal out of Chakra, but leaving the other effects in?

I kind of piggybacked off of a tweet from nobodysbaby and a "snowsam" (with regards to what differentiates Holy's usefulness in a raid compared to disc), and brought it up to Ghostcrawler today, and he asked for clarification:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    change the +heal to only be a penalty in Chastise. Keep all other funct. including HWords. It makes Chakra about the mechanics useful to situation, not the numbers. Becomes fun again.

@Ghostcrawler: @KelestiMMO So Sanctuary would say: Reduces the CD of your CoH spell by 2 sec, and transforms your HW: Chastise spell into HW: Sanctuary?
    (Source)
    Take from that what you will, but he didn't seem to reject it. An actual possibility down the road?
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-03-30 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So that idea about taking +Heal out of Chakra, but leaving the other effects in?

I kind of piggybacked off of a tweet from nobodysbaby and a "snowsam" (with regards to what differentiates Holy's usefulness in a raid compared to disc), and brought it up to Ghostcrawler today, and he asked for clarification:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    change the +heal to only be a penalty in Chastise. Keep all other funct. including HWords. It makes Chakra about the mechanics useful to situation, not the numbers. Becomes fun again.

@Ghostcrawler: @KelestiMMO So Sanctuary would say: Reduces the CD of your CoH spell by 2 sec, and transforms your HW: Chastise spell into HW: Sanctuary?

(Source)
    Take from that what you will, but he didn't seem to reject it. An actual possibility down the road?

I've actually tweeted this to him like 5 times... bout time he's recognizing it. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

I've actually tweeted this to him like 5 times... bout time he's recognizing it. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
    Oh, trust me love. So have I. But having him at least acknowledge it, well, might give them something to "try" for next PTR, or figure out what to do with it for next Expansion. Was also his last tweet of the day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mmmmhm, I've been tweeting so much about Chakras, I really start to feel like a bitter bitch (hm, maybe I am). But this... raises hope! I actually do think this is a bottle neck for playing the specc in raids (especially 10's) and one of the reasons it became unpopular in the first place.

I know most Holy Priest, yes, I can say that with certainity, dislike Chakra in it's current form (with the bonus to either AoE or ST on a 30s timer), I've been watching this very closely from the release of it, it's not just something I assume.

I don't think only to change Chakra bonus will do all the work to make Holy attractive again, it certainly will help, but I think we need something more, like the old Inspiration or Sanc groundspell to do something actually cool, like +heal or -dmg taken, since we lost both Twist of Fate, GS glyph (I actually think Holy got very few interesting glyphs now), PoH hot, +Meditation, the old FDCL and Inspiration (I'm sure I forgot something, start to get senile) with the new talent system wich only allows us a few choices. We became really "flat" as a healer the last years, not much depth, if you know what I mean. We didn't get a lot of changes or cool new mechanics, instead I feel we lost some (like the use of Sanctuary on a regular basis, and Chakra actually making us use less spells in our healing).

We got too simplified...?:O

Even the LS change made it more simple. Sure, I like it straight forward and reactive, but not with punishment for using "the wrong" spells.