Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Insane lagg on Sha of fear HC 25

This only happens in P2 when we pop heroism. Once we enter the water wasteland, sha emerges for the 1st time and we pop heroism. Boom, 3 fps. This lasts for about 10 seconds then resumes to the 80+ standard that I got.

I recently bought a new PC to avoid these problems but on this fight only I lagg horribly. Tried to disable recount but it still happens. Anyone has same problem? And how fix?

10+ Year Old Account
    FPS isn't LAG. But it sounds like a problem with the Heroism animation. The problem is on your end since its FPS not a connection issue. Have you made a post on the wow tech fourms? They might no something about it.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    This only happens in P2 when we pop heroism. Once we enter the water wasteland, sha emerges for the 1st time and we pop heroism. Boom, 3 fps. This lasts for about 10 seconds then resumes to the 80+ standard that I got.

I recently bought a new PC to avoid these problems but on this fight only I lagg horribly. Tried to disable recount but it still happens. Anyone has same problem? And how fix?
    Maybe you should move this to the computer forum and post your PC specs there. What kind of PC did you get exactly?

And FPS has nothing to do with latency. Are you streaming while this happens?

Is there a hunter popping stampede??

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

Deleted
    It's Stampede causing it.

Deleted
    Had this happen to me also, a few months ago. Issue went away as soon as I disabled Recount and switched to Skada. No problems at all after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Megazorrd View Post
    Is there a hunter popping stampede??
    They have 3 hunters with the "progress" to be on that fight so I'm guessing they are taking all 3. That sounds like it could cause some serious issues .

I pop mine every week knowing it will cause lag because #yolo

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

Have you tried lowering your settings for that fight to the minimum needed for the bosses effects to be seen well? May just be that your comp can't take all of that at once

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm? What's wrong with Stampede? I've been using it while levelling my hunter without problems. Is it in a raid environment where Stampede mucks up?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Hmm? What's wrong with Stampede? I've been using it while levelling my hunter without problems. Is it in a raid environment where Stampede mucks up?
    You have 25 people in the raid. You have the boss. You have some players pets that are there 100% of the time. Adding 5-15 more pets to the fight + all the environment detail will make your PC crumble to a particle of dust. It's just too much for it to handle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    You have 25 people in the raid. You have the boss. You have some players pets that are there 100% of the time. Adding 5-15 more pets to the fight + all the environment detail will make your PC crumble to a particle of dust. It's just too much for it to handle.
    Years ago I ran 40-mans in plague-spewing, electricity-sizzling, spiderswarming, meteorlanding Naxxramas and things ran smooth enough to be manageable. Sounds more of a bug than a "the shields cannae hold it captain!" to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    If Stampede is causing this issue then blizzard needs to fix it.....they can expect hunters not to use stampede in fights like this....

Deleted
    I was wondering for a while why that was happening to me and when I realized it happened every time a hunter called a pet (or 5 times longer when they use stampede) I tested it with my friend, disabling addon by one. Turns out it was Omen that was causing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken4death View Post
    I was wondering for a while why that was happening to me and when I realized it happened every time a hunter called a pet (or 5 times longer when they use stampede) I tested it with my friend, disabling addon by one. Turns out it was Omen that was causing it.
    Now that seems more logical. Omen suddenly having to recalculate threat tables for 10-15 additional targets, some of which have a threat modifier on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Years ago I ran 40-mans in plague-spewing, electricity-sizzling, spiderswarming, meteorlanding Naxxramas and things ran smooth enough to be manageable. Sounds more of a bug than a "the shields cannae hold it captain!" to me.
    It is a bug. Our whole raid went down to under 10 FPS on a couple of bosses when our hunters popped Stampede. Now our hunters aren't allowed to use Stampede on certain bosses/certain phases until the bug gets fixed. Examples of bosses where Stampede has lagged us are Ambershaper(P2/3) and Sha of Fear(main platform)
    It's just a bug with the spell in certain situations.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken4death View Post
    I don't run Omen(theres no point anymore), I still lag when hunters pop Stampede on some bosses.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn off recount(skada is fine) and the lag goes away completely.

for reference my raid has 3 hunters in our 25m and after disabling recount I had no problems running the game on ultra while frapsing like normal

Yeah i was streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/dreoras/b/373889220

Tahts the clip from last night... just forward until p2 and heroism pop. On 38.55 ish

It's your recount. It has memory leaks just like it did on Elegon. You really should just use WoL and delete that addon.

Deleted
    Stampede causes these issues on a very specific fights and sometimes in specific phases. The two well known ones are Sha of Fear heroic on the little platforms with the archer mobs and the final phase in the Dread Expanse. Some less common ones are Elegon's final phase and Amber Shaper's final phase.

Long story short, politely tell your Hunters they are screwed and that they can't use Stampede anymore. At least in those phases.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-03-05 at 02:21 PM.