Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by navv View Post
    EDIT: Actually, scratch all that. I checked the scaling/stat initialization code and the stat weight deltas do not affect the behavior of Rune of Reorigination at all. Confusingly enough, reforge plot stats do affect it. So I suppose the question is, what should be the behavior in this case?
    I would have thought the latter.

Reforge plots make sense, change in deltas of your stat weights before proc will change (either significantly or trivially depending on where the delta is and how large) how the proc effects you at the point of proc.

Stat weight deltas, which I'm assuming you mean to the weight we place upon the stat, should not effect the behaviour of the trinket but will change how we decide to act upon it.

That is, the behaviour of the trinket is independent of the value we place upon the stats.

Forgive me, but this seems obvious, so am I misunderstanding you here?

Do you mean the delta that occurs in our stats during the proc? For example, if we procced it in such a way as to give us haste, that should effect the behaviour of the trinket
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    The stat weight deltas was my feeble and failed attempt to somehow talk in terms that people here (who are most likely not too accustomed to simc) understand. By "stat weight deltas" I mean the +1000 stat we add on top of the (haste, mastery, crit) of the player when calculating the stat weight, henceforth referred as just stat deltas.

To hopefully clarify, currently in simc, the stat deltas (+1000 haste/crit/mastery) do not change what RoRo procs, because the way we have RoRo implemented only looks at your buffs, stats from gear, and base stats.

Ah, that makes sense! And I'm not sure it should be changed (so that the stat deltas do change what RoRo procs). My feeling would be that people should use the reforging plot if they want to mess around with finding the optimal balance of stats. And leave the stat deltas for finding out the values of stats, without having to worry that RoRo is going to mess that value up by having the delta go over a particular stat break point which makes RoRo start proccing differently...

So yes, leave it as is!

Though, if we could make requests, I'd like to be able to vary the size of the delta... (so, e.g. +100 haste/crit/mastery instead of +1000). Only an incredibly minor wish, mind you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wimp View Post
    Ah, that makes sense! And I'm not sure it should be changed (so that the stat deltas do change what RoRo procs). My feeling would be that people should use the reforging plot if they want to mess around with finding the optimal balance of stats. And leave the stat deltas for finding out the values of stats, without having to worry that RoRo is going to mess that value up by having the delta go over a particular stat break point which makes RoRo start proccing differently...

So yes, leave it as is!

Though, if we could make requests, I'd like to be able to vary the size of the delta... (so, e.g. +100 haste/crit/mastery instead of +1000). Only an incredibly minor wish, mind you...
    Someone else in the dev team is at the moment cleaning up the stat initialization stuff we have in the sim. After that's done, I'll see what to do with it. The most likely solution is that I'll make an option (default off) for it. Problem with default on is that many average users would be even more confused at the simc output when they calculate their stat weights.

Regarding the scaling calculations, there are options to do that, and a whole lot more. See the Simulationcraft wiki under the section "StatScaling". I cannot apparently post a direct link, so you'll have to manually navigate there.

Exciting stuff! I think this is the link Navv mentioned (it has pretty graphs!): https://code.google.com/p/simulation...i/StatsScaling

Ok, now i have a little more confusion in my mind but i think i got it. Thanks for the informations.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by navv View Post
    The stat weight deltas was my feeble and failed attempt to somehow talk in terms that people here (who are most likely not too accustomed to simc) understand. By "stat weight deltas" I mean the +1000 stat we add on top of the (haste, mastery, crit) of the player when calculating the stat weight, henceforth referred as just stat deltas.

To hopefully clarify, currently in simc, the stat deltas (+1000 haste/crit/mastery) do not change what RoRo procs, because the way we have RoRo implemented only looks at your buffs, stats from gear, and base stats.
    Ohhhhh!

Yeah, makes sense to have it left as off by default, could play havoc with poor smiley Joe's stat weights ^^
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Hi

I've got 528 rune, 535 ranataki's, legendary meta and 2 set bonuses. Is talisman of bloodlust good replacement for rune? And should i go haste>mastery>crit already? Playing assassination ofc.
    Last edited by mmoce5b592d471; 2013-05-22 at 12:51 AM.

Check Shadowcraft. Yes Bloodlust is a good replacement for Rune.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

Deleted
    Shadowcraft is telling me to go haste>crit>mastery. And i find crit>mastery a bit of strange.Shadowcraft is just a theory and I wanted to ask if someone tried it already.

I currently have 502 Talisman + 502 Rentaki's equipped. I'm guessing the 522 VP trinket would be an upgrade, but which one should I replace? Would it be better for me to rather spend my VPs on item upgrades? (VP trinket is the last item I would need)

That is another case where you have to check Shadowcraft. We can't help you with that without your armory.

shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP's been updated to remind people that for "I have these trinkets and X" discussions, we're not much help. If Shadowcraft isn't enough for you, see the breakdown graphs also linked in the opening post at the top. If the graphs aren't enough, use simulationcraft.

mariozlo - if you're getting weird Shadowcraft results, that's a discussion for another thread - and we'd need your character name/server to see what's causing the issue. If you continue to get "weird" results, please start a new thread asking why you're getting those results, and include your char. info so we can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mariozlo View Post
    Shadowcraft is telling me to go haste>crit>mastery. And i find crit>mastery a bit of strange.Shadowcraft is just a theory and I wanted to ask if someone tried it already.
    If you have Rune, it will try to equalize your secondary stats (with one slightly higher) so you get the most benefit from the proc.

Rune really isn't very good, and I don't think ShC's model is accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have a weakaura for Talisman and Renatakis'?

Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    Anyone have a weakaura for Talisman and Renatakis'?
    ToT + bottle trinket procs:

d8J7kaGAufTELs52sYUasSnQyFkLuZuaAUcIzlXNrQBcK0YurFdv15Lk7uf2lz3G2Va1prfdti)gX1uvnubudwqz4s vhuG0FbQJrrNtOwivAPaPwSG0YP0dfiEk0JLupxkxw0uvYKrY0vCrLsCvbqEgqCDaBKc2QsjPnRkBhvHpQus8vbqnn v67uOrkamoLQrJknEbvNuP4wQkNgL7HQ0kvkvhMQETaYYulHET0iSj0euUGcFqjwyLqkHuAjK2smke0B2kbWsy4CEV woYWNdi7rr7X8Vx(XoX8J077Ef2X59A5idFoXorGeZF)C)()7W3rVVRJqBsZiWvxFkKQd6Ry10wcqVWwVVo1XVWwwE bMWGJWaUfdlHmkHlldgOCAbh2PqJmQHRmCDCmJpJ))3JoD(Jm177EfcbQwwgnDAB6Wui3KrZDKHFNZ4)OZi()MNrN8 p177YxyH4P0sOLusTewbugMwA0OrygEVhsLuYvJWAT0HPwcbA5IqkdRxUchlJMoTAjKyeYbw6KRqGwcg6Rs5ke6RsH gSjCBDcFaLsR2dLRqOVkbt6tRFiwH8YRgHCtgn3rh3iHfINslHwsj1syfqzyAPrJgH2KMrGRU(uiRMaf6bgIcviJsO bBc3wNWW58ETCKHpNO9)7188eeZ4)iZi9(UxHgzudxDCJe2X59A5idFoX7xZ)y(8DmJ33DI0776iecuTSmA6020HPq kwRV472utGc3aN0(81ziBQjWwibnuwHnDGdWERLrSGDlecLbBc3wNWAcPqrmcLRgDCQLqGwUiKYW6LRWXYOPtRwcH( QemPpT(HyfYlVcjgHCGLo5keOLGH(QuUcH(Qu42b4jqWHbQEky2AcH(QSPLomfUDaEceCyGQNcMTMgnc5MmAUJoUrc lepLwcTKsQLWkGYW0sJgncTjnJaxD9PqwnbkmCoVxlhz47)8U7aY93HF89CpksVV7vynHuOigHYviJsORNk4W2oapb eAKrnC1XnsyhN3RLJm85eVdsm)B8(z8VPPZUEFxhHqGQLLrtN2MomfsXA9fF3MAcu4g4K2NVodztnb2cHb5byEMgZI Td8yzWaLdyZin6aeTegoN3RLJm89FE3Da5(7Wp(EUhfP339keOLlcPmSE5kCSmA60QLqOVkbt6tRFiwH8YRWwFwkBO eAcsS5PPqIrihyPtUcbAjyOVkLRqGwcU1NLYgk5ke6RsHBhGNabhgO6PGzRj8bukTApuUcH(QSPLomfc68JJLrZG(H rGA0iKBYO5o64gjSq8uAj0skPwcRakdtlnA0i0M0mcC11Ncz1eOqgLqqtSeHgzudxDCJe2X59A5idFoX7GeZ)gVFg) BA6SR331rieOAzz00PTPdtHuSwFX3TPMafU5yTfqBiObzlHSjiCoWq8HYkSPdmxa4KwW9K2W13MuynHuOigHYvJoUA jSJZ71Yrg(CI3bjM)nE)m(300zxVVRJqGwUiKYW6LRWXYOPtRwcH(QSPLomf6w8uztJqIrihyPtUcRjaWHtFA9dXkC Rfc0sWqFvkxHaTmiea4ixH1ea4imsi0xLGj9P1peRqE5vi0xLcDlEQSj8bukTApuUAeYnz0ChDCJewiEkTeAjLulHv aLHPLgncbAj4AsvO(rUAe(iWbzBl1H5UqBsZiWvxFkKvtGc9uuSHrG(c4XYOPtBtlDyQLWXYOPtRwcNU(uOhW6f2ac n5rche49yHleCqckUaJRGc6LqIrihyPtUctEKWryaK(YWvydi0KhjCcSnFSWfIbElbmGcbAzqiaWrUcRjaWrOPWAca C40Nw)qSc3AHaq2iSV47sRqOVkBAPdtHUfpv20iKkdf49wD9PWaylbmWgcqbuJqa4yz00PvlnA0imCoVxlhz47)eKl FqUxZ49FZliN69DVcnYOgU64gjecuTSmA6020XPqgLqqNq)4del4WClEQSjSMqkueJq5Qrh)AjeOLlcPmSE5kCSmA6 0QLqIrihyPtUcbAjyOVkLRqOVkfguAwjfc9vjysFA9dXkKxEf(akLwThkxnc5MmAUJoUrclepLwcTKsQLWkGYW0sJg ncTjnJaxD9Pqwnbk0dmefQqgLqxYmLm4WiVGdBd8XGSjdomC82MWW58ETCKHV)Z7Udi3Fh(X3Z9Oi9(UxHgzudxDCJ ecbQwwgnDAB6WuyhN3RLJm85eVdsm)B8(z8VPPZUEFxhHuSwFX3TPMafUboP95RZq2utGTqyqEaMNPXSy7apwgmq5a 2msynHuOigHYvJoC0siqlxeszy9Yv4yz00PvlHeJqoWsNCfc0sWqFvkxHqFvkeb6tBbOIb9fHpGsPv7HYvi0xLGj9P 1peRqE5vJqUjJM7id)oNX)rNr8)npJo57O33LVWcXtPLqlPKAjScOmmT0OrJqBsZiWvxFkKvtGcdNZ71Yrg((pV7oG C)D4hFp3JI077Ef6bgIcviJs4wnWbh2yzWaLJqJmQHRoUrc748ETCKHpN4DqI5FJ3pJ)nnD21776iecuTSmA6020HP qkwRV472utGc3aN0(81ziBQjWwi(qzf20bU3x8umi4wFMuKxHrZDewtifkIrOC1Orip0H5nksJe

You'll have to remove random spaces otherwise it will not work if you copy the block of text from here and paste it in WA.
    - open notepad
    - paste this text there
    - goto edit -> replace (ctrl+H)
    - Find what: (single spacebar)
    - Replace with: (leave empty)
    - Replace all
    - Copy the text
    - Import string in WA
    Last edited by Shinob1; 2013-05-30 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Added explanation to make it work in WA

Is the valor trinket better than any of the ToT 522 drops? I am considering what to upgrade. (Assassination spec)

I made a post over at EJ in Rogue forum, but I figured I should also post here:

I am the developer of Catus (feral simulator/reforger) and Zephyrus (monk reforger) and I just added Rogue support to Zephyrus, so now it should be very easy to reforge your Rogue to 1:1:1 for the Rune of Re-Origination.

Forum: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopi...art=350#p17631
    Screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Zephyrus15.png
    Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...LatestBeta.zip

I'm not sure what gems would be considered for each spec (so it's currently using what Windwalker uses) or if this is even useful, but if anyone is curious, give it a shot

If anyone knows what the gems should be for each spec, please let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    So right now I'm working with a 530 Shado Pan Trinket and 530 Renataki. I picked up a Normal 522 (with 500 valor to upgrade it to 530 if needed) Talisman of Bloodlust and was wondering if it was worth it to swap out the Shado Pan trinket with the Talisman to give me two RPPM trinkets? The one thing killing me about Assassination right now is my slow energy regen, and with 2 RPPM trinkets, I can reforge into some haste to improve that, correct?

Basically, I just wanna know if it's worth it to swap the Shado Pan trinket with Talisman. You can check out my armory in my signature if needed.