Leveling an alt in Northrend question

Am leveling an alt for the first time in years. I have all the heirloom gear except the ring. I went through Outland just doing instances as dps (playing pure dps class), did about 2 quest in Hellfire Peninsula in total and I was wondering if it was worth doing the same in Northrend? I read that questing gets to be a faster way to level as you reach higher levels and wondered if it was still true? Also if questing was the way to go which areas should I quest in?
    Thanks for your help

You can dungeon through northrend without problem, it takes like a day to get to 80.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Same with Cataclysm - it's really fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    They buffed exp quite well...do the dungeons for the first time just to take the quests and stuff, but questing is the way to go all the way as usual.

Gluck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Levelling through only dungeons, you say?
    Well, I can see that working for Northrend.
    But... how will you forgive yourself for levelling an alt --ANY alt-- without doing the Gnomebliteration quest?
    Best part of Cataclysm, a grievous sin that it wasn't a daily.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Currently leveling a holy pala. He hadn't left stormwind before he reached level 80.

Dungeons only is perfectly viable!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Levelling through only dungeons, you say?
    Well, I can see that working for Northrend.
    But... how will you forgive yourself for levelling an alt --ANY alt-- without doing the Gnomebliteration quest?
    Best part of Cataclysm, a grievous sin that it wasn't a daily.
    This quest should definitely be a daily.

As for leveling both questing and dungeons are viable. A lot of people in my guild prefer to do it by running dungeons, personally I prefer quests. Quests are especially good when you have done them in the past and know what to do right away. I would say stick with what you enjoy more. You might lose a bit of time, but you will have more fun while doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    have gotten my 10th toon to less than a block from 90 leaving just 1 toon who's 89 left to hit cap. i leveled all of them from 85 to 87 doing just each dungeon once (or as many times as it took to get the dungeon quests done) and did quests the rest of the time. this was a mistake. quest and remained queued the entire time. I started leveling far faster from 87 on once I did and seriously it was comparable speed wise to low levels even with the increasing experience requirement.

anyway the same is true for all levels. with two additional reasons to run dungeons. 1, with heirlooms you'll be outleveling the quest content you're doing. you'll find yourself 2 levels ahead or more and finding you could easily get better gear but have to keep starting new chains for it. and 2, the gear. dungeons offer the best most accessible gear. oh and actually for good measure *3* to break the monotony. there are only so many times you can do the same quests (especially in pandaria where you pretty much only have one path to choose) and getting a dunegon pop every so often gives a nice change of scenery.