Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Glad some people here like Nostalgia Critic stuff, I'm a fan myself. And calling the "Big lipped alligator moment" racist pretty freaking stupid.

With that said, some of mine:

1) After contacting the divine beings in Mount Hyjal and being sent to a quest to stop a great evil, the Firelord, from destroying the world what do we do? Well, let's start with throwing baby bears onto trampolines. Yeah, I know, armageddon will wait.

2) Yak Wash. Hard to even comment this thing.

3) Searching for keys in Felhounds shit. Well, I surely didn't see that coming.

Argh I wish people would stop reading Tvtropes and then misusing the tropes. The worst was when people went around calling Thrall a Mary Sue.

WoW doesn't have any Big Lipped Alligator Moments. It's a cartoonish semi-serious, semi-humorous setting so there are occasionally quests where you have to pick up poop or rescue people from giant rabbits, it's in keeping with the tone of the work.

I can see how you might think the Plants vs. Zombies minigame is like that because it's in the middle of nowhere and connects to nothing. But that's really a side effect of Alterac Mountains being blended with Hillsbrad on the world map and having its few remaining quests removed, making it essentially an empty zone. So there was empty terrain and Blizzard wanted to put in an homage minigame so plonk! That's where they put it. But it's not the same thing.

A Big Lipped Alligator moment would be like if you were in the middle of fighting Kael'Thas in Magister's Terrace and halfway through he started singing a song about how much he likes bubblegum.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    - Something that appears out of nowhere
    - It offers no value or purpose to the story
    - Is never spoken of again after
    See I think the problem is that these criteria are too loose. The second point in particular is just an open invitation to complain about things you don't personally like. TVtropes' criteria are notably different on the second point:

There are three precise criteria for measuring a Big Lipped Alligator Moment:

1) Appears out of Nowhere —
    The plot comes to a halt as the scene takes its spot in the running time. There can't be any Foreshadowing and it can't take a logical place in the plot (e.g., coming across a trap while Storming The Castle is not random, but expected.)

2) Strange in Context —
    The fictional setting, characters and narrative devices have to be at odds with the scene. In that regard, World Building moments, strange personalities and a surreal story structure that can explain its origin are exempt from this trope. For instance, All Just a Dream gives a good reason as using the trope tends to go hand-in-hand with the surreal (although for some genres and franchises, using the scenario of All Just a Dream itself may qualify).

3) Never Mentioned Again —
    Now even important scenes are rarely mentioned later on in a film, the reason is you don't want a story to be telling you something you already knew 10 minutes ago. What this means is that upon leaving this scene the plot can suddenly start up again. Compare the Wacky Wayside Tribe.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...lligatorMoment

Strange in context is obviously the key thing about a BLAM. WoW has such a broad thematic pallette that very little is truly strange in context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And apparently for some people satirical fun is pointless.

If you haven't got anything worthwhile to add to this don't bloody bother, you can see people actually thinking of good examples of BLAM where as the rest aren't even trying and just coming with 'oh this is so pointless', your posting is the only pointless thing on a thread I made for a laugh.
    But it isn't funny. It's just circlejerking that horrendous website full of so called critics and internet drama queens people think are funny for some godforsaken reason. I've had spinal taps that were funnier than that site. It is not related to WoW in any way, shape, or form and does not belong on this part of the forum.

/thread

I feel like I've just wasted some portion of my life watching that video.

Regardless, there's probably a dozen things in WoW that are random and disjointed from the flow of the zone; The Day that Deathwing Came and PvZ come to mind atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Well, they had planned to make it some kind of daily quest, but that plan fell through.
    No, it is a daily quest. You can go back and fight against a massive wave of zombies every day.

The Welcome to the Machine quest in Hillsbrad. Having the zone intro quest turn you into the actual quest giver caught me totally by surprise.

Let's not allow this to become a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    im sorry, but what is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    Let's not allow this to become a thing.
    It already is, though. Whether you like them or not, Nostalgia Critic and friends are a pretty big internet thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    im sorry, but what is this?
    It was perfectly explained in the OP. :x
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorsaurusRex View Post
    The Welcome to the Machine quest in Hillsbrad. Having the zone intro quest turn you into the actual quest giver caught me totally by surprise.
    I don't think that counts.