Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hmmm Varian challenging Garrosh to a Mak'gora and then leading both Stormwind and the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Hmmm Varian challenging Garrosh to a Mak'gora and then leading both Stormwind and the Horde.
    I like the way you think.

The Horde would accept anyone as their own or even their leader as long as the person is valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would the alliance accept an orc as its hero? They couldn't even accept an orc saving the world as the main hero of an expansion, so it speaks for itself.

So, no, the horde has the right to step on every humans grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Would the alliance accept an orc as its hero? They couldn't even accept an orc saving the world as the main hero of an expansion, so it speaks for itself.

The op seems to be talking from a lore perspective rather than player perspective.

Either way, it would never work.

I'd prefer if the Alliance in victory over the Horde installed a puppet Warchief in Orgrimmar who is pliable to their will. This could be a human, but perhaps an orc would be more acceptable to the locals.

Also; angry horde burns down Darnassus. Can't stress this enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The op seems to be talking from a lore perspective rather than player perspective.

Either way, it would never work.
    it always come down to player perspective in these debates, nobody can think on a lore characters terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... where do you even get ideas like this jaylock?
    Aye mate

Don't need a human for an ex-alliance warchief.

Lor'themar for warchief. Ex-alliance, knows their workings, and is a strategist who can put the horde's raw strength to better use than Garrosh, who doesn't even see the value in the Trolls' and Forsaken's underhanded tactics and the Blood Elves' magic, doesn't understand the Tauren's and Pandaren's honor, and doesn't understand that brute force isn't always the way to get Goblins to cooperate because he doesn't understand diplomacy.

Now, watch a grand total of only like 5 people agree with my opinion because "Blood Elves look gay" and, as we know, looks are more important than anything ever (and the ones that do agree, agree not because of any merit, but because "Blood Elves are sexy"):
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Never. Not in a Million years.

Any Orc would cut down a Human that stepped up as Warchief.

No Troll would care for a Human Chief, nor would a Tauren.

Goblins would likely be bitter from the Alliances attack in their starting zone.

Blood Elves would be the ones willing to at least listen...before utterly rejecting.

Forsaken would merely laugh and toss a blight bomb right at them.

AKA Thrall?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is so freaking remarkable how the lessons taught in pandaria have completely missed so many people. People learned nothing of what was taught there.

Deleted
    Sure, and the Draenei will have Gallywixx to replace Velen.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you argument fails, because you come at it in such a one sided angle i could almost swear you ignore people telling you that people play alliance AND horde. Do you honestly think people on the horde are all npcs and the game is purely from alliance perspective?

I don't really care who is at the top as long as they represent the horde's people and it's values.

The horde has progressed far beyond a rampaging rabble driven by demonic fury.

Don't forget that there is no suggestion that this would lead to any kind of deal with the alliance. The leader would still be opposed to the alliance.

I believe that of the 2 factions in WoW the horde is the one more likely to judge a person by the content of their character and nothing else. Sure, there are nutjobs in the horde, but by the end of the expansion there should be a significant reduction in that kind of thing.

As an aside, it's worth noting that the majority of major faction leaders throughout WoW have been pretty moderate with only a few exceptions (during the timeline of WoW, not beforehand during the RTS storylines). This will be quite deliberate, as creating a leader with political views that are too extreme will either alienate players (even disregarding the rest of his character Garrosh's extremism is a huge part of why people dislike him) or potentially attract the types of people that the media has a field day with when they find out that they play WoW. I just feel that as a whole the horde has more progressive politics, whilst the alliance sticks to old values for far longer.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2013-04-05 at 12:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how people shoot this idea down at first glance. You need to think beyond what you see in game. But in my opinion, you'd need to do some damn fine story writing for this to make sense. And even then people would reject the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    While there have been cases of a Tauren joining the Alliance, and a Human being Horde-alligned, killing said Tauren (this occured in the RPG, and can thus be considered as non-canon, however), and Thrall allowed Human traders into Orgrimmar (think this is mentioned in some books, if not - again RPG)....

No, the Horde would never make a Human their Warchief. While right now, the Alliance and non-Orcish Horde find a common enemy in Garrosh Hellscream - the amounts of mistrust and tension is still there. Keep in mind, the Forsaken despise the living as a whole. The Blood Elves have little care for the Humans because of the acts of Garithos, the tolerance of High Elves and the Purge of Dalaran (Lor'themar's actions, as well as those of Halduron and Rommath do not speak for all of the Blood Elves). Goblins are indifferent, so long as it pays off. Trolls had to deal with Human attacks during the founding of Durotar, however Humans allowed Trolls to live during the 4.1 Rise of the Zandalari storyline to begin the quests at the docks of Stormwind.

Now, if we take it to the Orcs themselves... they are aside from the Forest Trolls, the Human's oldest enemy. First and Second Wars, the Internment Camps & Durnholde. A portion of the Third War. The attack on Durotar during the founding of it, the retaliation on Theramore. Majority of Wrath of the Lich King all the way to Mists. Those are PLENTY of years to be hating and hold grudges. I mean, Blizzard is currently making 'hints' of Lor'themar becoming Warchief and I doubt people like that...considering Blood Elves aren't so tied-in with the Horde like the Trolls or Tauren. Let alone a Human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

In what way accept? Has anyone ever denied that Thrall helped saving the world?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Don't need a human for an ex-alliance warchief.

Lor'themar for warchief. Ex-alliance, knows their workings, and is a strategist who can put the horde's raw strength to better use than Garrosh, who doesn't even see the value in the Trolls' and Forsaken's underhanded tactics and the Blood Elves' magic, doesn't understand the Tauren's and Pandaren's honor, and doesn't understand that brute force isn't always the way to get Goblins to cooperate because he doesn't understand diplomacy.

Now, watch a grand total of only like 5 people agree with my opinion because "Blood Elves look gay" and, as we know, looks are more important than anything ever (and the ones that do agree, agree not because of any merit, but because "Blood Elves are sexy"):
    I'd actually have no problem with Lor'themar as Warchief, he seems like a cool chap ;]

Er... no, don't be silly.

Would the Alliance accept an Orc King of Stormwind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.