Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? I don't get the naysayers. Anyone can defect. It might not happen today or even within a century, but it could.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha *takes breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ~ um..., no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess some members of the Horde would be fine with it, but most probably won't accept that. Maybe the human could do something similar Varian did, when he earned the name Lo'gosh in the arena. Something like that could earn acceptance quite fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you ever see an Orc as the King of Stormwind? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why not? I don't get the naysayers. Anyone can defect. It might not happen today or even within a century, but it could.
    With so much change, would such a body still be the Horde?
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Can a mod take away Jaylocks ability to make threads, i mean seriously troll thread after troll thread. This is the dumbest stuff ever, it's like asking if a racist organization would appoint whoever they hate as their leader.
    How this kid gets away with the constant Jaylock flaming is beyond me.

OT: As i said before, i think it would be a quite interesting twist to have a human join the horde, gain favor in the eyes of the leadership and make his way up the ranks to eventually become warchief of the horde. There would be several avenues that Blizzard could take to make this happen, and to create new story lines and archs that extend well beyond this expansion into next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

OT: As i said before, i think it would be a quite interesting twist to have a human join the horde, gain favor in the eyes of the leadership and make his way up the ranks to eventually become warchief of the horde. There would be several avenues that Blizzard could take to make this happen, and to create new story lines and archs that extend well beyond this expansion into next expansion.
    It'd feel pretty forced in my opinion, and In the current day and age them gaining popular support would be impossible.
    Twas brillig

It wasn't flaming it was a response to the idea, its pure insanity it would never happen its like an ex soviet becoming president of the US during the Bay of Pigs scandal, would America be okay with it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

It wasn't flaming it was a response to the idea, its pure insanity it would never happen its like an ex soviet becoming president of the US during the Bay of Pigs scandal, would America be okay with it.
    Actually you advocating for him losing post privileges is pretty flame-y.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Actually you advocating for him losing post privileges is pretty flame-y.
    Not losing posting but thread creation yeah and it was more of a joke than a serious plea but it was more a response to the idea of humans leading orcs and orcs accepting it, come on its nuts and feels alot like a troll thread.(Not saying it is a troll thread)

Plus you think the Horde hates Garrosh as warchief just think if it was Anduin
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-03-05 at 08:06 PM.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

No, and it wouldnt make sense.

The Warchief needs to be an Orc.

Thrall is the only real choice right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I made the exception with Tirion, because of his bromance with Eitrigg.
    I don't think even Tirion would be accepted as Warchief, but I don't think any serious Horde military types, of any race, would be dumb enough to think he couldn't lead them in battle. But, hey, even Varian led a joint army in "Stormrage". I think. I kinda started to skim the Knaakier that book got.

I don't think the Warchief needs to be an Orc, it just needs to be someone the Orcs will respect. Vol'jin or Baine fit that without question. Lor'themar is the toughest sell there, and I think about the only way they could even go there would be for Lor'themar to do what Cairne tried to do -- mak'gora. There would be something poetic, at least from the Thalassian perspective, of Orcs submitting to be led by one of them that way. But since we can probably assume that is not how Garrosh will leave power, that probably is of no help. Sylvanas is someone Orcs or any non-Forsaken would probably only follow out of fear, not loyalty.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2013-03-05 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    No, and it wouldnt make sense.

The Warchief needs to be an Orc.

Thrall is the only real choice right now.
    Thrall would not be a good choice imo. He doesn't want the job anyway.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Not losing posting but thread creation yeah and it was more of a joke than a serious plea but it was more a response to the idea of humans leading orcs and orcs accepting it, come on its nuts and feels alot like a troll thread.(Not saying it is a troll thread)

Plus you think the Horde hates Garrosh as warchief just think if it was Anduin
    Well think about it. If a human was really upset with his own faction, and defected to the horde, and gave his whole soul and allegiance to the horde. And after years of proving himself a worth asset to the horde, you dont think they would accept him as one of their own?

I think we see that sort of thing all the time with neutral races, why not a race that happens to be a part of the opposing faction switch sides and be completely horde friendly. Drinking in with the traditions of the horde, giving in to lasciviousness, idleness, and savagery.

Just think of a big, monstrous, tatted up human with orc tribal markings and possibly a little demonic nature to him. He would fit right in with all those green skinned brutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    What u think, ofcourse not >_>

Another glorious thread by Jaylock
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You don't get why a human would never be the Horde Warchief? Anyone can defect, yes, but rise to the most powerful position in the horde?
    Are you playing the same game as everyone else?

Deleted
    I'm just going to throw this in here:

First of all, no, I don't think they'd accept human as warchief. It's just not realistic in the current state of things.
    If I'd have to think of the best option for Warchief of the Horde it'd have to be Sylvanas.

HOWEVER

It is inevitable, and I bet my (character's) life on it and see it as 100% guaranteed that one day Alliance and Horde will JOIN as a coalition in order to fight something which would otherwise destroy us all. I think we can agree that's pretty much inevitable.

In that situation they'd pretty much have no choice but to sometimes obey orders from human in tide of battle, but that's as far as it goes I imagine.

Well think about it. If a human was really upset with his own faction, and defected to the horde, and gave his whole soul and allegiance to the horde. And after years of proving himself a worth asset to the horde, you dont think they would accept him as one of their own?

I think we see that sort of thing all the time with neutral races, why not a race that happens to be a part of the opposing faction switch sides and be completely horde friendly. Drinking in with the traditions of the horde, giving in to lasciviousness, idleness, and savagery.

Just think of a big, monstrous, tatted up human with orc tribal markings and possibly a little demonic nature to him. He would fit right in with all those green skinned brutes.
    Not since Varimathras because we have been betrayed before like this and we would trust a human even less especially since Theramore. I think the Horde is waiting for a strong retaliation from the Alliance so there is paranoia and even if they let a human in he would never see a high rank and never ever warchief.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

It'd be possible, but we'd have to be talking about one scary bastard here, a wild-beast-man-of-the-hills with a thousand screaming hairy horsemen at his back. The sort of fellow, in short, who would be rolling siege towers up to the gates of civilization anyway. Anyone from the kingdom of Stormwind, or Gilneas, or Dalaran, or just about any of the known human kingdoms would be right out. Inside information or not.