10+ Year Old Account

SMF fury and some sort of haste

I've been a smf fury warrior for a while, and I've wondered is there any sort of haste min cap? Currently my warrior(so embarrassed by him and the lack of gear drops) sitting at around 2-4%haste, and that as of 5.1 when most guides(i've seen) said haste was the weakest stat.

So with this new patch even Noxxic is saying to haste is just after crit and before mastery... so 4000 haste soft cap?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    what purpose would reaching a certain amount of haste have? oo

10+ Year Old Account
    was just asking if there was....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, the purpose for, for example, druids is to gain an additional tick of their hots.
    i don´t see why we should hit any haste cap.
    correct me if i´m wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't haste affect ur attack speed thus also ur rage build up?

Haste might be more valuable than mastery in 5.2 due to us getting 50% more benefit from it. I'm not sure about this but there might be a theoretical floor where you have enough haste to make the new stacking proc trinkets retain close to 100% uptime.

Deleted
    I'd be interested to know exactly what haste does, too.

I've assumed thus far that it reduces the GCD between specials, and the delay between autoattacks. What I also assume is it reduces damage per swing and special, which is why I try my best to remove it from my gear (I play as a burster mainly).

I'm really not sure why you'd want faster attacks in PvP, and I can't see how it'd increase damage in PvE either.

Quote Originally Posted by silkmmo View Post
    I'd be interested to know exactly what haste does, too.

I've assumed thus far that it reduces the GCD between specials, and the delay between autoattacks. What I also assume is it reduces damage per swing and special, which is why I try my best to remove it from my gear (I play as a burster mainly).

I'm really not sure why you'd want faster attacks in PvP, and I can't see how it'd increase damage in PvE either.
    Haste does not reduce GCD for warriors, nor does it reduce the damage of any of our abilities. It has purely beneficial traits, it just increases our dps much less than crit and mastery currently. When 5.2 hits tho, it might be about equal or even overtake mastery.

Deleted
    If it doesn't do any of the above, then how does it increase DPS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    what purpose would reaching a certain amount of haste have? oo
    Rage generation, mostly.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by silkmmo View Post
    If it doesn't do any of the above, then how does it increase DPS?
    Well you already stated it - it increases auto attack speed and that is about it.
    Haste is bad. Not much else to say there is no reason to stack any amount of it.

Deleted
    I see. Thanks for info.

I can now see why it would eventually be useful in PvE, but in PvP I think auto-attacks are less important.?

To awnser your question, i dont know what our soft cap will be. But, i do know, that haste is alot more important and beneficial to us SMF warrs in 5.2 for a few reasons. First off, mastery will still be just as important, but the 50% increase will allow us to itemize and prioritize our gear easier. For example, tons of gear in ToT is itemized perfectly for fury warrs having tons of crit and mastery gear, even early weapon drops from the 1st and 4th boss that have crit on them is much better itemized then any of the 1h in 5.1. Now with haste, comes the importance of our new tier 2P bonus, haste doesnt really affect our rotation(other then pooling more rage) simply because alot of our rotation is built off procs and timing/ pooling our rage with CS to maximize dmg. So spamming skills to begin with isnt really doing you any good and if you stick to your normal rotation using that CS window to do your burst dmg and maintain dps the extra haste well have wont rage starve us, but with the haste bonus it will give smf warrs more room to breathe and use other abilities without being rage starved for CS burst.Mastery is obviously still just as important as it was considering SMF warriors main priority is to keep as much enrage time as possible from BT procs and BR to maximize dps, which you all know mastery increases the dmg we do when enraged. Now the haste benefit like i said, is gonna benefit our 2P tier bonus since our auto attacks with the 2P will make us enraged, WAY more then being enraged from BT procs and BR, so if our auto attacks are faster via more haste, well have alot more enrage uptime during boss fights in 5.2. But no, i disagree that haste is going to be more important than mastery. Crit and mastery are still the best stats for SMF warriors, but that extra 50% bonus on haste will allow us to use some haste gear, and benefit from it alot more then we are now, with straying from crit/mastery gear. If you balance it out properally, it wil lbe a huge dps increase with the 2P tier bonus. Lots of random information here BUT, ive read other posts with people not knowing what to stack or if they should be getting all haste gear or w/e. Point is, haste will benefit more with your 2P for more enrage up time. But other then that, crit and mastery are still your best stats. Ive played the PTR ive tested the new raid with my warrior, and dps is still great. If you already knew all this fine sorry for the long post, but other who come here can read up and understand the difference and importance to our main stats 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay so having a haste rating lower than 10% is fine then? that's what I was primarily asking

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there isn't a Fury Warrior out there with more than 5% lol

15+ Year Old Account
    .98% master race reporting in.

Check BiS lists. We have 11% Haste if I'm not wrong with BiS gear. Haste is marginally useful for Warriors, because it increases autoattack speed. For Arms, it's more useful than Mastery because of Sudden Death. Haste also increases DPS from RPPM Trinkets and the Legendary Meta gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    As it stands now, haste is best for SMF and Arms for obvious reasons: Haste regen and fun melee hits. For TG it's still mastery since the mastery increase the physical damage when enraged. But, don't forget; haste is just a secondary stat, and it's still behind crit. You just don't hate haste gear just as much as before as SMF and Arms.

I did some tests on my own with TG and Arms with their correct reforging, and Arms gained alot from that change. Slam did the most damage, I could basicly spam it, and Overpower got the 50% crit chance outside of your own crit makes crit not so important for OP. It did 2nd most damage on my tests, and I've increased my DPS by 10k just from this patch as arms. I do steady 85k DPS with 495 ilvl as arms.

TG Fury hasn't changed, and with same ilvl I did mesely 73k after several tests. But simply put, fury doesn't do well on dummy since they rely on crit more than arms, and have alot of RNG involved into the rotation, where Arms has none at this point.

I haven't tested TG in raids, and I doesn't have weapons to test SMF properly, but I'd say Arms is close or even ahead of TG Fury atm and SMF pulling ahead due to the scale of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I hope there isn't a Fury Warrior out there with more than 5% lol
    If he is TG I would agree.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Mastery works the same for TG and SMF, there shouldn't be a significant difference in haste weights between SMF and TG.