Page 1 of 2
LastLast

15% Buff to rip removed

Seeing a buff to maim damage but it appears that the 15% to rip was removed can anyone confirm this?

Only in the same way you can, from the patch notes. I'm hoping that it was just an oversight. :-/

No surprise, can't have us rising above mediocrity. Buffing maim though, that still makes me laugh.

This makes me sad

Without any proof, I'm not going to start believing stuff like this.

I see it on the ptr notes but not the official notes, praying just an oversight

TIME TO REPLACE RIP WITH MAIM FOR DPS.

Just kidding.

It has to be an oversight....they wouldn't revert/remove something like that without announcing it.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    It has to be an oversight....they wouldn't revert/remove something like that without announcing it.
    Pray for this young druids.

It's more than likely just running off an older copy of the patch notes. If you check some of the changes that had been added in the last few days very few of them are even listed.

I am still seeing the 15% buff on the latest patch notes on the Blizzard website,last updated 25th Feb.
    I',m assuming its still in.

Considering some of the huge buffs that specs were already doing extremely well got, it seems unlikely they would revert this with no warning. In a vacuum this would by typical Blizzard but they are buffing the specs that are already doing the best right now and a 15% buff to Rip is not big overall DPS boost. Especially when you look at some of the itemization for next tier which from I have seen is poor for Feral. Also Feral does not seem to be scaling especially well again and it appears our secondary stats are weak compared to some specs.

The patch Notes detail the changes between the the Previous Live version and the current live version....

If there's no change to the damage of rip, there is no reason for a note. it's not like they note every ability that remains unchanged.

The PTR notes are different as they track the changes between PTR iterations.

I'm not even sure if just a Rip buff will be enough to compensate for the Legendary Gem changes. I think Warriors were specifically mentioned as scaling too well with the previous gem but the new Gem appears to hit Feral hardest of all.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2013-03-06 at 04:34 AM.

Doesn't really answer the OP, the 15% looks like it is live to me but that is just from questing.

Correction: Blizzard pulled a Baltimore Colts on the Rip buff.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2013-03-07 at 12:07 AM.

Rygarius seems to indicate that the buff was indeed removed: https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/309394063700922368

Trying to get clarification since this conflicts with GC's post yesterday (link above).

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Rygarius seems to indicate that the buff was indeed removed: https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/309394063700922368

Trying to get clarification since this conflicts with GC's post yesterday (link above).
    Only Blizzard and the Nazis would do something like that.

Infracted. Post constructively.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-03-07 at 04:35 AM.

That's a pretty significant buff to just remove at the last minute, if it is true. Could have at least scaled it back to 10% or 7% rather than remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    That's a pretty significant buff to just remove at the last minute, if it is true. Could have at least scaled it back to 10% or 7% rather than remove it.
    FWIW Feral isn't the only one reporting these sorts of things:

Fire's Crit multiplier mysteriously changed back to 1.2 after GC said it was going to be left at 1.3.
    A buff to Assassination is missing.
    Guardian 2pc PvP bonus is missing.

There seems to be a lot of things missing that we were told would be included in the patch.

Maybe it's some upgrades I got, or getting better at uptime, but every LFR boss today rip is my #1 damage source, and it wasn't before...Keeping rake/rip uptimes both above the 87% ish range and rip coming ahead. But this is alllll weird.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.